Ossenfort and Free Agency

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not to speak for him, but the risk is that he left the Falcons due to depression before he even got in trouble for gambling. He just left. I'm someone who struggles with depression, but I'm aware I'm a risk. If I stacked it with a risk of permanent suspension from my industry due to gambling, yikes.

You're missing another major character issue by far, and a one strike, you're out situation.
I respect and feel for those with depression 100%, it’s a real thing.. BUT it really seemed the gambling thing coincided with that leave (it literally all ran together with out a skipping a beat). I think the wiser assumption would be, that he knew he got caught, he knew he was under investigation and he knew it was just a matter of time before it was ok national airways. Too much logic based on the timing.

Heck I would have done the same thing - no way would I be able to concentrate on practicing and playing with that embarrassment pending to be released not only jeopardizing my lottery ticket permanently, but the embarrassment to everyone that matters.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also to note.. Ridley sat out/suspended for over 1 1/2 years from the league. Came back, played all 17.. dropped 1,000 and 8 TDs w a new qb in a new offense. That’s darn impressive.. I know sitting out as a WR isn’t like a QB, but I can’t think of an example of a WR sitting not playing that long and bouncing back as such. Josh Gordon came to mind, but he never regained form at a a much younger age and much better physical traits.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Hmmm... not a "rotational WR player", so you mean like not a WR4 or WR5? Do you at least agree he's a capable back up WR?

banky I don't see how anyone could watch Dorth play and not conclude he has value as back up WR. Especially considering his cap hit.

I think Moore has more speed than Dortch. Probably more of a deep threat. But if to save my life I needed a WR to turn a 5 yard catch into a 25 yard catch and run, I'm choosing Dortch over Moore everytime. Barely even thinking twice about it.
Moore would be better served to convert into a 3rd down back type of player

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Higgins had his worst year as a pro and missed 7 games, boy still had more TDs 3 than Boyd on 25 less receptions. Feels like more of a gamble to me than Ridley.

You must be registered for see images attach
Higgens demise was my fault, i drafted him in all 3 of the FFL leagues as my #1 WR

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roids are encouraged at OSU. Not sure how Bosa still gets away with it. @Russ Smith

I personally don't think the NFL wants to catch big name guys so they don't.

In the case of Bosa, I wouldn't blame TOSU, his father used steroids when he was playing and after. you can actually still find articles, 20 years old, where convicted felons testify in court they used drugs, and sold steroids to John Bosa when he was playing with the dolphins.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is my FA wishlist:
Kendall Fuller CB
Robert Hunt OG
Sheldon Rankins DT
Josh Reynolds WR

I think all those guys are gettable, with Fuller probably having the most competition.

Fuller gives us a #1 CB who really improves the secondary.
Hunt gives us a LG to help out either PJJ or a rookie at LT, and he's great in the run game
Rankins gives us a piece on the DLine who can help out Stills and hopefully at least 1 rookie
Josh Reynolds would be a capable #2 WR for us.

The home run swing I would consider if we have the money would be Danille Hunter. He's still only 29, and he's just a great great pass rusher. He would probably command 20-25 million a year, and we may not be in that position...but if you add him onto my list I would be thrilled with FA

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is my FA wishlist:
Kendall Fuller CB
Robert Hunt OG
Sheldon Rankins DT
Josh Reynolds WR

I think all those guys are gettable, with Fuller probably having the most competition.

Fuller gives us a #1 CB who really improves the secondary.
Hunt gives us a LG to help out either PJJ or a rookie at LT, and he's great in the run game
Rankins gives us a piece on the DLine who can help out Stills and hopefully at least 1 rookie
Josh Reynolds would be a capable #2 WR for us.

The home run swing I would consider if we have the money would be Danille Hunter. He's still only 29, and he's just a great great pass rusher. He would probably command 20-25 million a year, and we may not be in that position...but if you add him onto my list I would be thrilled with FA
Sorry what I said. Reynolds is a choker. I wouldnt touch him. He is anti-clutch

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
After his "performance" today, not touching him with a 10 ft pole.
He's a league average receiver.

You sign him because you struck out on any receiver of note and you need a warm fresh body who can soak some reps and not be a total embarrassment in low leverage situations.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Give me 10 more Kyzir White type signings.
Right Ron!!!??! I can't laud the signing of White enough. Not just in play, but in leadership and toughness. The play in Washington where he hit Howell late was ultimately boneheaded but when last have we had that level of physicality and toughness on this defense?? He brings an attitude and identity that is sorely needed by this team.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is just acknowledging that the Cardinals may leave FA with Fletcher Cox and Calais Campbell as two of our main front 7 additions, and then the draft with either a 2nd or 3rd round front 7 player as well if Monti strikes out trying to lure one of the top front 7 FA class players to AZ.
I could deal with that. Long term, not so great an idea, but for entertainment purposes you could do worse.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wish Kyler would date Kim kardashian maybe we can make the playoffs next year
I don't think the Kardashian/Jenner girls being good luck to professional athletes and entertainers....

Booker flames out in the finals
Odom ends up in a cathouse OD'd
Kanye...self explanatory
I'm sure there are more ..lol