Ossenfort and Free Agency

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All that for a potential compensatory pick?
Teams do it all the time. While neither are great WRs, Moore is a better blocker and the gadget player on offense. I know some love Dortch to no ends and want him to be more than he is, but he's a returner who can step in for injuries at WR.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DI JUSTIN MADUBUIKE
DI CHRISTIAN WILKINS

EDGE BRYCE HUFF

CB JAYLON JOHNSON

WR CALVIN RIDLEY

G KEVIN ZEITLER

I think Ridley might be gotten at a slight discount. Then we draft WR MHJ, OT JC Latham, DT Tyler Nubin, OLB Chris Braswell and CB Zemaiah Vaughn with our first 5 picks.
Jaylen Johnson will be tagged.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams do it all the time. While neither are great WRs, Moore is a better blocker and the gadget player on offense. I know some love Dortch to no ends and want him to be more than he is, but he's a returner who can step in for injuries at WR.

I believe Monti will be very active in FA the next couple of years so comp picks will not be happening.
Moore has had 2 coaching staffs who have loved him so he must be doing something right.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Time to go shopping.

Dak is a stat machine (largely bc of their scheme… still perplexed a few years back why they got rid of being a run first team in Zeke’s Prime and when that Oline was unstoppable?)…

With that said Dak is not clutch and is not a finisher. Never will be a winner.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DI JUSTIN MADUBUIKE
DI CHRISTIAN WILKINS

EDGE BRYCE HUFF

CB JAYLON JOHNSON

WR CALVIN RIDLEY

G KEVIN ZEITLER

I think Ridley might be gotten at a slight discount. Then we draft WR MHJ, OT JC Latham, DT Tyler Nubin, OLB Chris Braswell and CB Zemaiah Vaughn with our first 5 picks.
I love Ridley….amazing that he is 29 already though. Didn’t realize he entered the league at 24.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Monti will be very active in FA the next couple of years so comp picks will not be happening.
Moore has had 2 coaching staffs who have loved him so he must be doing something right.
That's a good point, so then Moore helps off set signing players. Still value there.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DI JUSTIN MADUBUIKE
DI CHRISTIAN WILKINS

EDGE BRYCE HUFF

CB JAYLON JOHNSON

WR CALVIN RIDLEY

G KEVIN ZEITLER

Is Bruce huff any good against the run?
His stats says very few tackles

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Bruce huff any good against the run?
His stats says very few tackles

He's getting much better there.

Huff, however, is trending toward becoming an "every down" player as opposed to the rotational piece he's been. He was in on a run stop that limited running back DeAndre Swift to a one-yard gain in the first quarter on Sunday.

"He’s really improved with regards to the run game," said Saleh. "Over the last year, he’s really done a nice job to kind of force his way to first and second down, to get more reps in those opportunities. We know what he is in the pass game and, if he can continue trending in the right direction with regards to the run game, he’s definitely got a place."

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Who are the top WRs hitting free agency and who are the top receivers in the league on sucky teams

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Moore had 40 catches for 350 yards and a TD last year. He has 3 TD's total. He's much more likely to be out of the league than sign a big enough contract to trigger a comp pick. Regardless, we'll likely (hopefully) be in acquisition mode the next two offseasons, rendering any comp pick unlikely anyway.

Dortch is a better and more useful player.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dortch is a better and more useful plplayer.
I know you all want this to be true, but it's just not. He's a decent returner and still makes iffy decisions there while being a poor overall WR. He runs bad routes, doesn't block well and for a speed guy can get separation down field. He's 5'7" and makes the most of what he has, but he's not a starting or rotational WR in a good team.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:spidermanpointingmeme:
I've said before that Moore isn't much better. Moore is much better blocker though and that IMHO keeps him on the field.

Listen, I'd love to be wrong and hope Dortch can prove me wrong. I'm the 5'9" WR who will never know because of an injury, so I love seeing the tiny guy make it. Part of the reason I root for Kyler.

#shortguysunite

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I've said before that Moore isn't much better. Moore is much better blocker though and that IMHO keeps him on the field.

Listen, I'd love to be wrong and hope Dortch can prove me wrong. I'm the 5'9" WR who will never know because of an injury, so I love seeing the tiny guy make it. Part of the reason I root for Kyler.

#shortguysunite
Hey - considering his injury history, maybe Rondale is your spirit animal! I have no further statements.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey - considering his injury history, maybe Rondale is your spirit animal! I have no further statements.
That is a fair closing statement. Let's talk this time next year and see who's on the playoff roster! :)

For the Carindals sake, I hope we're both right!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you all want this to be true, but it's just not. He's a decent returner and still makes iffy decisions there while being a poor overall WR. He runs bad routes, doesn't block well and for a speed guy can get separation down field. He's 5'7" and makes the most of what he has, but he's not a starting or rotational WR in a good team.
Maybe not. But he is scrapper a good punt returner and at least makes defenses to keep an eye on him. Moore is much better than Dortch in one way… he’s a better dancer.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Moore had 40 catches for 350 yards and a TD last year. He has 3 TD's total. He's much more likely to be out of the league than sign a big enough contract to trigger a comp pick. Regardless, we'll likely (hopefully) be in acquisition mode the next two offseasons, rendering any comp pick unlikely anyway.

Dortch is a better and more useful player.

Banky is dying on that hill just let him go peacefully.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think Dortch got much better as a return guy the back half of the season. I'd keep him there.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That we’re debating Moore vs Dortch should tell you everything you need to know about Moore’s quality.

Fine as a fourth or fifth option in 2024 but gone thereafter. Two coaching staffs have envisioned him as a deep shot option and then reconsidered before the end of training camp.