RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m excited for us not to re-sign them and be told that they were:

• Never good
• Overpaid by their new team
• Didn’t like being Arizona Cardinals
• Some combination of the above

It’s really the best part of the offseason.
Don't forget they also hate Kyler Murray, so that's why they left.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Neither guy deserved the tag, and I doubt either was going to sign before seeing what their market was.

I’m excited for us not to re-sign them and be told that they were:

• Never good
• Overpaid by their new team
• Didn’t like being Arizona Cardinals
• Some combination of the above

It’s really the best part of the offseason.
Fine, I'll start. Byron Murphy was never really that good.

As far as the rest go, we'll see. I'd like Allen back, but there's plenty of other corners I'm happy to pay over Murphy that are on the market.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My prediction

Murphy comes back on a reasonable one year deal while they work out a long term team late in the season. He wants to be here with it being so close to home and he is going to gamble on himself that he has a bounce back season!

Allen signs elsewhere for a 5 year deal that is too rich to match.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My prediction

Murphy comes back on a reasonable one year deal while they work out a long term team late in the season. He wants to be here with it being so close to home and he is going to gamble on himself that he has a bounce back season!

Allen signs elsewhere for a 5 year deal that is too rich to match.
Average cornerbacks are well compensated. Neither is coming back. Would you for this franchise if money is close between Cardinals and the other team?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that everyone who said that this was Keim’s Redeem Draft Class will soon say that both will be easily replaced by mid-round picks/minimum salary free agents.
lol at considering a draft where we took Andy freaking Isabella in the second a redeem class.

For having the #1 overall pick, the results from that draft were pretty lame.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Average cornerbacks are well compensated. Neither is coming back. Would you for this franchise if money is close between Cardinals and the other team?
Being I grew up in Phoenix and a Cardinals fan, yes I would.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why the surprise? The tag for both of them was way too much money.

Like 6 players got tagged and they are either all stars at their position and/or the tag is value for their level of performance. You only get franchise tagged if the tag is what you would be paid anyway and neither Allen or Murphy are close.

Also, can we stop this fantasy every year that the Cards haven't tried to re-sign them or they haven't offered enough money or they don't want to be here?

Apparently both players are happy here and would like to stay. We know that Allen at least has had an offer, Mike said in a recent interview they want him to stay and have been working on a deal. I'm sure Murphy does too. But here's the important bit...

Who here wouldn't test free agency just to see what the options are? You have an offer in hand from your team as a backup at the very least. Who wouldn't take a few days to see if someone might blow you away? Or at least give you a little bit of bargaining power to eek out a bit more from your current team? This is even more so for players hitting FA for the first time.

It's absolutely basic stuff. It's why of the 695 players set to hit FA next week none of them have resigned with their teams. Not a single one. Not the Bills, not the Eagles, not the Chiefs, not the Ravens, not the Patriots. Nobody.

The Cards are no different than anyone else.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We may like Allen and Murphy but we have no idea if either of them fit into the plans that GM Monti and HC Gannon have for the team.They may want to spend the cap money on other players or draft to fill these positions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’re both gonzo. Possibly getting rid of Hop. AND we’re apparently talking about trading out of 3.

Looking forward to the “building the belly of the team” post brought back from 2003

Pick a lane.

While I don't believe both Allen and Murphy are gone you asked for a new GM and HC. We all did. You expect them to what? Just carry on where with the same old?

With either a new GM or HC there is going to be a period of roster adjustment and upheaval. We have both.

Now you don't want anything to change? You want to keep Hop, Allen and Murphy? Then what with no cap room? We had all 3 last year for all the good it did us.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's why of the 695 players set to hit FA next week none of them have resigned with their teams. Not a single one. Not the Bills, not the Eagles, not the Chiefs, not the Ravens, not the Patriots. Nobody.
Geno Smith?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's why of the 695 players set to hit FA next week none of them have resigned with their teams. Not a single one. Not the Bills, not the Eagles, not the Chiefs, not the Ravens, not the Patriots. Nobody.
Daniel Jones?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We may like Allen and Murphy but we have no idea if either of them fit into the plans that GM Monti and HC Gannon have for the team.They may want to spend the cap money on other players or draft to fill these positions.
That would be monumentally stupid, IMO, simply letting them walk. I would immediately lose faith in this new regime if we can't tempt either of them back.

Stout

Reaction score
They’re both gonzo. Possibly getting rid of Hop. AND we’re apparently talking about trading out of 3.

Looking forward to the “building the belly of the team” post brought back from 2003
That would be bad indeed. If it happens I'll already be upset, but if I start hearing "And we'll get comp picks for losing them" from the FO, I'll want it burned down.

Stout

Reaction score
Pick a lane.

While I don't believe both Allen and Murphy are gone you asked for a new GM and HC. We all did. You expect them to what? Just carry on where with the same old?

With either a new GM or HC there is going to be a period of roster adjustment and upheaval. We have both.

Now you don't want anything to change? You want to keep Hop, Allen and Murphy? Then what with no cap room? We had all 3 last year for all the good it did us.
Carrying on with the same old would be allowing our young talented draft picks to walk without resigning them.