Reshuffling the Cards; Part Three, Free Agents

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the philosophy of this staff is to find a solid rotation of 8-10 guys in the front seven. We’ve seen it this year, even with all the injuries the front 7, a constant rotation of players sharing the load at about 65% of the plays.
Some will be here and some will be replace. To name names it would just be a guess.
Stills, Strong and Ledbetter played a lot. Wilkins looked solid for the short time he played until injured. The staff seems to like Letu. However, any of these guys might be moved except for Stills.

They're all relatively cheap, and one can add the two who were on IR early in the season.

We need 90 bodies at camp. Bring them in and let the competition sort it out. IMO.

Nobody gets paid until September.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all relatively cheap, and one can add the two who were on IR early in the season.

We need 90 bodies at camp. Bring them in and let the competition sort it out. IMO.

Nobody gets paid until September.
I’m quite certain they all will be brought to camp but I think the question was who will still be here in September.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
While D Line help is a top 2024 priority I cannot remember who the starters were in the first game or two? Anyone worth mentioning that will be in the rotation next year
Ledbetter, Collier, and Fotu started on the DL in the first game; Ledbetter, Collier, and Watkins lead the unit in snaps.

Against the Giants we started Ledbetter and Watkins with four LBs and five DBs. Ledbetter, Strong, and Stills (18) lead the unit in snaps. Leki Fotu didn't play?

The entire DL room are pending free agents aside from Stills. I think they could easily re-sign everyone for camp and bring in a top-tier free agent.

It's wroth remembering constantly that our defense is extremely bad.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Madubuike would be a HUGE pickup for the Cardinals. As you mentioned he won't come cheap. He already turned down an extension from the Ravens last month and is only 26 years old.

Plus I see the Giants as major players for Madubuike. Giant's DC Martindale coached him in Baltimore and I believe the Giants will target him as they need to shore up the DL as well. So the Cardinals will have to blow his socks off if they want to land him.

I didn't realize that Martindale resigned as Giants DC yesterday. Madubuike would sure look nice in a Cardinals jersey.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
BRIAN BURNS would be my target in FA.
Guessing he'll be tagged.

I'm not getting my hopes up for any big free agent signings. Especially since the Cardinals have NEVER signed one. I guess if you want to consider the oft injured, at the end of his career JJ Watt big time, you can count that. BUt that's about it.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Why not Chris jones? He’s a dominant defensive line player that would immediately single handedly bring this entire defense up a notch. He will be expensive, but isn’t this why we imploded a year to free up cap space?

We’ve got to be aggressive.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Whenever a team is going through major changes/coaching change like the Titans, you wonder if any of their players will be available.

Jeffery Simmons comes to mind for me. Would love to have a force like that on the Dline.

He is signed through 2027 and a post 6/1 trade isn't a major deal for Titans.
Not a huge contract for us to take on either and you have the Monti connection.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Why not Chris jones? He’s a dominant defensive line player that would immediately single handedly bring this entire defense up a notch. He will be expensive, but isn’t this why we imploded a year to free up cap space?

We’ve got to be aggressive.
Tagged

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm saying to get him to leave B-more.

If I'm the Cardinals I'm offering similar deals to Wilkins and Madubuike and seeing who jumps first.
I would rather have the younger one Justin mad. I bet it would take 25 or 26 per to sign with us. Questions if we get rid of baker and hump would that do it? Also will the cap go up another 10 mill this year fellas?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He can't be. The deal he signed last off-season included a provision that he can't be tagged in 2024.
You got a source on that. I can’t find anyone who thinks that’s in his contract.