Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When you consider what a big game this is for Washington, who has a VG defense, and all the excitement stemming from ownership change, a spread of about seven points seems low. I notice that all the above 'experts' pick the home team, giving the points.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If the Cards don’t manage some passing pressure this could get ugly fast. This CB group is incredibly weak. I hope they’ve just been holding back!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
And what's our offense going to look like too? Unproven WR corp and shaky starting QB?

Luckily were not going against a great QB so there's a glimmer of hope, but yeah, I'm bracing myself for a blowout loss.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington goes into panic mode if they lose this one. I mean if they can’t beat the Cardinals at home? They are well coached and will be ready.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Washington goes into panic mode if they lose this one. I mean if they can’t beat the Cardinals at home? They are well coached and will be ready.
Washington has all the pressure.. from Rivera to the players...not to mention some players already displeased with Bienemy, and that had to be addressed. As long as Cards stay in the game, the pressure will continue to build and they will have a chance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you consider what a big game this is for Washington, who has a VG defense, and all the excitement stemming from ownership change, a spread of about seven points seems low. I notice that all the above 'experts' pick the home team, giving the points.

Do they have a VG defense?

The front 4 is good, but after that it's kinda meh.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
you offensive guys and your "score more points"...everyone knows the key to victory is making sure they dont outscore us.
Agreed. I think the game plan for this game and the entire season rests more on the defense and the schemes Rallis can dial up. They may be outmatched with talent, but good schemes and fundamentals can close the gap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98