Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers Pre Game Thread. 09/24/23-09/30/23

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
How many times did he actually have someone in his face? And most of his throws were to wide open receivers running roughshod through soft zones. Dobbs had a better game if you account for adversity, which Purdy pretty much had none.
Sure thing pal

Dobbs > Purdy

I think we're done here lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The result is as expected with the defensive injuries we have. This staff are good but they can't work miracles.

Apart from early I thought the offense moved the ball really well against the #1 defense. Petzing adjusted well. A couple of errant throws aside I thought Dobbs was great. He threw for 265 and 2 TDs (should have been 3). Michael Wilson looks legit. Our run game is strong. Brown is reliable. Conner had 4.7 per.

The O line only gave up 1 sack and now only 5 in 4 games with a backup QB.

Obvs the defense was a problem but we had a bunch of 3rd stringers playing and the Niners have the best offense in the league.

Bad points, that's at least the 2nd TD lost due to an Ertz drop. He's had other drops too. Time for McBride to take that role.

As predicted, the pass rush is going to struggle against good tackles. But with no interior disruption it was hard going for them.

We were far better than either game last year, and that roster was stronger.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were a lot of games under Kliff where I felt the game was over before it began, or soon after it started at least.

Games where we just had nothing on either side.

While we are 1-3, every game has held my interest in some way. Whether it be the defense playing well, or the offense playing well, and for 1.5 games them both playing well.

I've not been bored, put it that way.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the “Purdy is average game manager” takes are going to age as poorly as the “shanahan is an overrated coach” takes around here.
I don't think anyone thinks he's just an average game manager. Hes a good QB, probably outside the top ten, but he plays for a stacked team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were a lot of games under Kliff where I felt the game was over before it began, or soon after it started at least.

Games where we just had nothing on either side.

While we are 1-3, every game has held my interest in some way. Whether it be the defense playing well, or the offense playing well, and for 1.5 games them both playing well.

I've not been bored, put it that way.
The thing I was most impressed with was after making them punt , we took over at the 1 yard line. I thought this is where the 49ers put this game away.

Instead we went on a 99 yard drive and scored a td making it a 5 pt game. That showed the dawg in this team.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I was most impressed with was after making them punt , we took over at the 1 yard line. I thought this is where the 49ers put this game away.

Instead we went on a 99 yard drive and scored a td making it a 5 pt game. That showed the dawg in this team.
Definitely a character showing drive

Showed the fight in this team and they didn't lay down

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, and I admit it's weird to feel this positive about a 1-3 team but it's these kinds of moments that give me optimism.

There's lots of these kinds of moments in the games that are impressive, we just don't have the talent (or have been hit by injuries) to put it all together. We could, and possibly should be 3-1, yesterday's game was the first we never really looked like winning.

I was expecting not to be good, but we have been better than I thought, and a lot of things are there that have been missing. Energy, culture, effort, coaching, draft picks being successful etc. That I'm very positive about the future.

A lot of things people complained about have looked good. The draft looks great. The FA's people thought were week have largely played well above expectations. The Dobbs trade looks like a steal.

Makes you think they might actually know what they are doing and it feels like the coaches and FO are fully aligned.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
At this point it looks like we have an NFL average offense and a below NFL average defense. Our offense is playoff capable, but not when you couple it with our defense. Looking forward to players developing on the defense and adding talent in the offseason.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was expecting not to be good, but we have been better than I thought, and a lot of things are there that have been missing. Energy, culture, effort, coaching, draft picks being successful etc. That I'm very positive about the future.
Agree

Hope for the future :thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was fearing a 38-3 beat down or something similar that would drain ALL of the good vibes from week 3. IMHO, the loss is not bad enough to get depressed about.
Agreed. There was a while in the 4th quarter where the game started to slip away, but the Cards fought back well. Nothing to complain about with this type of loss to this type of team at this point in the process.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard