Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers Pre Game Thread. 09/24/23-09/30/23

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last week's win was stunning and thrilling. I hate the Cowboys... always a great time to see their fan base humbled.

I also hate the Niners... but I don't expect to humble their fan base this week. I also think their depth and coaching far exceeds that of the Cowboys.

We are a livelier team than I envisioned, but I think this is a really rough game for us.

Niners 27 Cards 13

A couple weeks ago I would have pegged this as "Niners 41 Cards 10", so, this is major progress.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Dallas is suspect after letting their OC go to the Chargers just so that McCarthy could call plays. They had redzone issues vs the Jets and Giants too.

It's also one of those weird sports things where we just seem to have Dallas's number (which is awesome).

But in about 30 hours, we'll truly find out who we are.

Division rival SF will try to quickly put an end to the upstart Cardinals feel-good underdog story. They want us to limp off the field tomorrow with no hope of beating them this year or anytime soon.

This is Rocky vs. Apollo Creed for sure.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be a tough one. Not sure we can keep taking these hits to the DL. Not many teams could. Niners 34 Cards 13.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think the biggest underrated acquisition of the Cardinals this off-season has been the coaching staff. Gannon might just be a pretty good coach, and good coaches are usually pretty good at identifying other good coaches.

Petzing's offense has been extremely fun to watch. Rallis' defense has been tough and makes the players better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the biggest underrated acquisition of the Cardinals this off-season has been the coaching staff. Gannon might just be a pretty good coach, and good coaches are usually pretty good at identifying other good coaches.

Petzing's offense has been extremely fun to watch. Rallis' defense has been tough and makes the players better.

As I said in the other thread, really pleased with this staf. And this is after only 3 games, they are still learning. So much potential.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Like many, I’m really pleasantly surprised by the smart, hard-working approach so far. I truly did not think MB had it in him to get good people into key positions after the SK/KK debacle. And that may be why this season feels so good even though we’re not likely to even finish with a winning mark: KK, IMHO, simply didn’t know how to prepare a team to compete at a professional level and damn, it was gut-wrenching to watch. I was so pissed that by the latter weeks of last season I found myself, for the first time ever, hating this team. So good to be feeling good again—credit to MB.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I wanna see the Shiny One misdirecting that heavy traffic in Frisco - force the pressure into predictable lanes and release the Conner - suck in that secondary and abuse it

I wanna see some more Rallis approved malice - forcing turnovers and putting that QB on his purdy little candy ass

Ball strips and big hits - whiners picking their helmets off the ground penalties be damned

Simply put it feels good being the smarter football team - the tougher football team - the more motivated team - and I just want it to continue

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Pretty cool - but lacking the set up factor aspect imo

Like how Watt would show the same rush tech during key parts of the game - setting up his opponent - getting them to be where Watts wanted them to be - then switching it up at a opportune moment fully capitalizing - and many times single handedly changing the momentum of a game

So while Gardeck looks to be getting stonewalled at times - for all we know he's playing chess

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard