New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/10/23-09/16/23

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m guessing when KM is released for practice we’ll have an indication of his return. I could see he will need at least two weeks of practice time before returning.
Probably, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being 1 week. He’s been there the entire offseason & is a bright kid anyways.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
If we have 30 Dobbs passes ro 19 Fb runs again, we will lose. Not like we were behind. Ingram needs to produce or be replaced

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe but you’re in the footwork matters crowd and Kyler hasn’t taken more than 20 snaps under center in the past five years.

This is really the biggest question about Kyler in this scheme. And he hasn't been able to practice it either.

Odds are when Kyler returns this year he's not going to be great. Mainly due to injury concerns/rust but also because there's going to be a lot he's not done before. Under center/drop backs/timing are not really things he is known for. Even bootlegs and throwing on the move are not known strengths.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is really the biggest question about Kyler in this scheme. And he hasn't been able to practice it either.

Odds are when Kyler returns this year he's not going to be great. Mainly due to injury concerns/rust but also because there's going to be a lot he's not done before. Under center/drop backs/timing are not really things he is known for. Even bootlegs and throwing on the move are not known strengths.

Does anybody know the breakdown last week of shotgun vs under center? It seemed like mostly shotgun.

Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing play action once.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No one can deny your concerns, even me, the biggest Murray koolaider on the board. Yes, there should be rust, yes there should be some tentativeness, and yes Murray will be having to do things he hasn’t done before. My counter is that upon his return, we will see why he’s such a special kind of athlete. There’s a reason why he’s the only athlete ever to get drafted in the top 10 in 2 different sports. And we will see how the Cardinals will put Murray in a significantly better position to succeed than what we saw during the KK era. We will see a kid who has put his heart and soul in his rehab to prove his detractors wrong. Lastly, the chip on his shoulder is getting bigger with every knock against him. Personally, I have much bigger concerns with our OL, our WR room, and our woeful RB room right now.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No one can deny your concerns, even me, the biggest Murray koolaider on the board. Yes, there should be rust, yes there should be some tentativeness, and yes Murray will be having to do things he hasn’t done before. My counter is that upon his return, we will see why he’s such a special kind of athlete. There’s a reason why he’s the only athlete ever to get drafted in the top 10 in 2 different sports. And we will see how the Cardinals will put Murray in a significantly better position to succeed than what we saw during the KK era. We will see a kid who has put his heart and soul in his rehab to prove his detractors wrong. Lastly, the chip on his shoulder is getting bigger with every knock against him. Personally, I have much bigger concerns with our OL, our WR room, and our woeful RB room right now.
I hope you’re correct. I believe it’s possible but…

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Having been a fan since 88, I know the Cards are always a "get right" opponent for teams that are struggling or are playing uncharacteristically. Therefore, I expect Jones to have 5 total TDs and the score to be like 41-13.

Well, it didn't quite go like this, but the Cards still found a way to help a team name history.

First time a team has lost a game by 40+ points AND came from 21 behind for a win in the same season.

Gotta get in the record books somehow....

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was I the only one who though that when Jalen didn't take that INT to the house, that it would cost us? That play STILL haunts me.
Agree 100%. If he just slowed down a bit & followed his blocks, he could have walked in to the end zone. Instead he let Jones take the angle on him. And then we settled for a stinking FG.