Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it comes down to a close finish, and at the end, when the Cards need a timeout or two (which Kliffy would have already squandered (probably in the 3rd quarter), they'll have 2 or 3 left, and be able to pull out the W. That's how I see it. When they start facing decent teams, all bets are off. The roster won't be competitive till at least next year. But I like the direction they're headed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two whole weeks to imagine all the various ways the Redbirds will humiliate themselves in week one.

Whatever.

Redbirds 20
Redskins 16
Because I can afford losing, I will put a sizable bet on the Cardinals to cover in week 1. Let’s not forget that JG has prepped for Washington TWICE each of the last 2 seasons. I’m not guaranteeing a W, but I expect a closer game than what most believe.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can we win? You bet. Will we? Perhaps. And even though we haven’t been in the NFC East in many years, I still hold a solid dislike of the Redskins/Football Team/Commanders so a win would be extra sweet.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The big problem with close games this year is going to be Prater.

Holy Moly, down by two, five seconds left, and he lines up for a 45 yarder. What are the odds he's going to give it the ole shank-a-roo.

Our luck is bad enough without have a janky kicker to rip our hearts out a few extra times this season.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The big problem with close games this year is going to be Prater.

Holy Moly, down by two, five seconds left, and he lines up for a 45 yarder. What are the odds he's going to give it the ole shank-a-roo.

Our luck is bad enough without have a janky kicker to rip our hearts out a few extra times this season.
I like the guy, but he’s scary inconsistent right now.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Onto the real show :)

Hope even if in a rebuild yr cards show some development

Anxious to see how offense def holds up

We shall see go cards! And my 420 happy flower will be waiting :)

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure what to expect but I am certain we are a better coached team. Will be somewhat distracted as I have rotator cuff surgery the next morning. Sucks.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It absolutely crushes my soul but the USS Michael Monsoor (one of my ships) has a visit from the Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV) on opening day. So while I live in DC, I'll be underway in SOCAL for a Material Inspection. Ugghhhhh....

Football gods be with us.
Pretty cool, thank you for your service to our country!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game will really tell us if we're a 4-13 team or a 6-11 team...