Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When I first joined the Army I didn't really get why every little thing mattered like that, but I figured it out over time.

Wearing the team gear is just like wearing the uniform, which creates the sense of a team, a brotherhood.
What's so funny about this post @kerouac9 ?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be excited for the Stillers game, as I'll be there. We'll get crushed, but I'll be excited for it :D
Agreed. I think we are going too. We went to a game in Pittsburgh years ago and had a great time. I live a half hour from the Commanders’ stadium but have zero interest in going there tomorrow. Gimme a shout if you wanna get up before the Steelers’ game or at halftime.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Is this supposed to be "The Niners don't all wear team gear and they are good"?

The Niners already built their culture over the past 5 years and what they wear now ain't going to change that. The Cardinals have not, and wearing team gear and fostering a sense of "sameness" and being in it together is part of the building process.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be "The Niners don't all wear team gear and they are good"?

The Niners already built their culture over the past 5 years and what they wear now ain't going to change that. The Cardinals have not, and wearing team gear and fostering a sense of "sameness" and being in it together is part of the building process.
I don’t know why this is so hard to understand.

I swear some people here just live to complain. I hope you don’t have a spouse and kids with that attitude.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know why this is so hard to understand.

I swear some people here just live to complain. I hope you don’t have a spouse and kids with that attitude.
Because this is not Remember the Titans. This isn’t Basic Training or Boot Camp. Acting as if wearing whatever off-the-field will reflect the quality they’ll put on the field is hilarious.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because this is not Remember the Titans. This isn’t Basic Training or Boot Camp. Acting as if wearing whatever off-the-field will reflect the quality they’ll put on the field is hilarious.
Fake it till you make it works until shtf. Lol. In all walks of life. It's like wearing the same lucky game day socks.. the day you play like poo, it's all thrown out the window. It's all superstitious/belief stuff. Which is fine. But all the same difference IMO. Everyone needs to be on board with that mindset over time, which in most situations is never the case. It's like whisenhunts ole "the system works"....it does, until it doesn't.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any word on the weather? Rain and windy, if so how bad? I'm spoiled from watching the Cardinals play in a dome.