RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
January 24th 1848. Gold was discovered at Sutters Mill in California.
Word spread like wildfire not just across the country but around the world. Sparking the largest migration in American history. In 1849 hopeful pioneers from across America and a dozen other countries swarmed west and adopted the moniker "miner forty niner"

Now, with golden helmets to honor their namesake the forty niners are hoping to mine a different kind of gold...the Lombardi trophy and sports immortality.
Unfortunately for them the task includes a battle or two with arizona. But the desert is barren. The volcanic rock both hard and unforgiving.
Many meet the desert and thirst. Many who thirst, die.

So those niners need to take their thirsty asses the fudge on out of here.

Redbirds 31
Niners 24

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Last week I read up on a bunch of current stats and a lot of good that did me - if anything - the stats suggest we are unpredictable

As for the whiners - more than the score - I think I am most interested in who's tougher at the end

We played tough against Washington but they were tougher in the end - same with the Giants - but then we put it on Dallas all game long

So I expect to be competitive in this game - if you'd told me I feel this way a month ago I would've asked you if you knew where you lived and if there was anybody I could call

Thing is our offense becomes sooo multi faceted when Conner gets going - allowing the Shiny One to stay one step ahead - punking secondaries with play action and a little trickery can go a long way

Defense needs to once again impose it's will - but this time in an extremely hostile environment - facing one of the meanest tight ends in the game - as well as one of the most proficient all purpose backs in the league - and I dont have to look that up

DL this - secondary that - this week it's all about the LBs - and hitting everyone wearing a sparkly helmet - inbounds or out - maybe even slightly questionably after the whistle

Whiners 31

Cardinals 16

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still suspicious of Purdy.

Kind of waiting for the clock to strike midnight on this Cinderella story.
He’s basically Dobbs, just surrounded by a superior team.

I’m being facetious but he isn’t asked to do much. They have an amazing coach, great defense, the best RB, real weapons in Deebo, Kittle & Aiyuk.

He’s never really been in a position where’s he’s had to win the game for them.

Unfortunately I don’t know that we’re the team to put him in that position.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I’m being facetious but he isn’t asked to do much. They have an amazing coach, great defense, the best RB, real weapons in Deebo, Kittle & Aiyuk.

Unfortunately I don’t know that we’re the team to put him in that position

It's a great great point Josiah. 100%.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Unfortunately I don’t know that we’re the team to put him in that position.

I listen to the Chris Long podcast and he said he has talked to multiple players on the Niners who have privately said that the rest of the team is making Purdy look good and that he is not impressive at all

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still suspicious of Purdy.

Kind of waiting for the clock to strike midnight on this Cinderella story.
I think Purdy is genuinely good. Its like early years Brady where no one wants to give him credit because the rest of the team is good and he's not super flashy, but Purdy is really smart and he's mobile enough to escape pass rushers.

I used to think we had always had a chance against the 49ers because Jimmy G was turnover prone and could get flustered when pressured. Now that Purdy's there they don't turn the ball over and the dude is nails vs. blitzes. Giants blitzed over 80% of the time and he just stayed calm and carved them up. Shanahan also trusts him to throw deep more than he ever trusted Jimmy. Maybe he's just average, but Shanahan's win record with Jimmy G starting is fantastic and Purdy is a LOT better than Jimmy G.

Maybe we beat them, but I wouldn't count on Purdy throwing the game away.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Dallas is suspect after letting their OC go to the Chargers just so that McCarthy could call plays. They had redzone issues vs the Jets and Giants too.
So even when they win solid against “ the best team in the NFL “ all week - you think Cards suck - fan or foe?

THESMEL

Reaction score
January 24th 1848. Gold was discovered at Sutters Mill in California.
Word spread like wildfire not just across the country but around the world. Sparking the largest migration in American history. In 1849 hopeful pioneers from across America and a dozen other countries swarmed west and adopted the moniker "miner forty niner"

Now, with golden helmets to honor their namesake the forty niners are hoping to mine a different kind of gold...the Lombardi trophy and sports immortality.
Unfortunately for them the task includes a battle or two with arizona. But the desert is barren. The volcanic rock both hard and unforgiving.
Many meet the desert and thirst. Many who thirst, die.

So those niners need to take their thirsty asses the fudge on out of here.

Redbirds 31
Niners 24
I mine gold claims in both areas,
California hates miners -
but Gold hates cowards!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The back to reality game.

When a team that plays hard comes up against a team that plays hard and has superior talent there is only one outcome.

The Niners front 7 are legit and I think it's going to be hard to run against them.

I don't think the Niners backfield is all that great TBH. Hufanga and Ward are good, the rest not so much. The question is whether Dobbs will get the time to exploit it.

27 - 17 Niners win.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So what’s the path to a victory today?

I’d guess it would all have to come together and a few things would need to happen including:

1. Another fast start and early lead.
2. Another turnover-free performance from Dobbs.
3. Win the T.O. battle (which will be hard bc I don’t think Purdy has ever thrown an INT in the regular season)
4. Another 3-4 explosive plays on offense.
5. Keep CMC from gashing us in the run game (don’t let Purdy be comfortable just having to be a game manager. Make him win the game.)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think Purdy is genuinely good. Its like early years Brady where no one wants to give him credit because the rest of the team is good and he's not super flashy, but Purdy is really smart and he's mobile enough to escape pass rushers.

I used to think we had always had a chance against the 49ers because Jimmy G was turnover prone and could get flustered when pressured. Now that Purdy's there they don't turn the ball over and the dude is nails vs. blitzes. Giants blitzed over 80% of the time and he just stayed calm and carved them up. Shanahan also trusts him to throw deep more than he ever trusted Jimmy. Maybe he's just average, but Shanahan's win record with Jimmy G starting is fantastic and Purdy is a LOT better than Jimmy G.

Maybe we beat them, but I wouldn't count on Purdy throwing the game away.

I mean you're probably right just because of what Josiah said. I think both deebo and Kittle have been Cardinal killers. Their passing game plan will probably be for Purdy to make safe plays which get the ball in Deebo/Kittle's hands with a little bit of space. Quick throws. Then let those two out-talent a game but overmatched Arizona LB Corps and secondary (we need Budda back).

We need a big game from our LB corps today. We need them to both shut down CMC and also make plays in space against deebo and Kittle. That's a lot to ask.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So what’s the path to a victory today?

I’d guess it would all have to come together and a few things would need to happen including:

1. Another fast start and early lead.
2. Another turnover-free performance from Dobbs.
3. Win the T.O. battle (which will be hard bc I don’t think Purdy has ever thrown an INT in the regular season)
4. Another 3-4 explosive plays on offense.
5. Keep CMC from gashing us in the run game (don’t let Purdy be comfortable just having to be a game manager. Make him win the game.)

All of that yes Josiah.

And, for ARZ to keep running the ball effectively. I bet were top five in the league in rushing and it's a big reason we've been in all three games this year. Conner, Astro, Moore, whoever. But we need 125+ in rushing to have a chance to win this one.

We've got to control the ball and shorten this game some to keep all of the SF offensive weapons off the field. Plus keep pressure off of Astro to win the game (your #2).

But if CMC gets off, if we can't stop him, I think we're doomed (your #5).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keyword…red zone.
We are not going to stop this 49ers offense. But much like last week, if we make them work for, prevent anything over the top and tighten it up in the red zone then we can keep it close.
If we get into a sprint with these guys we are in trouble.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As stated it's their running game I'm most concerned about. With our DL decimated I don't know how we can slow them down.

THESMEL

Reaction score
I guess Dallas was better the niners last week, I mean if you look at the media who are still trying to predict 60% accurately. slobbering love affairs on NFL programs are not my guide.

I just don’t like Dallas or the 49ers , we usually play division tough. Yes they are fundamentally sound across the board, but so are cards first time in 2 decades.

It ain’t the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
‘Buddy Ryan said, if you ain’t lead dog, then the view never changes.

we need patient balance, set up and earn the big plays, and this staff has been coaching that. No more 30 second 3 and outs.

dobbs is quick enough, Conner is strong enough, ertz is big enough and brown is fast enough - coaches don’t hand them out playbook like years past.

people don’t know our defenses names , but they will.
purdey wont play so well looking out his ear hole. And Gardack the barbarian is going to throw out all his teeth and bones and eat him!
Collins will make a play too.
I expect Clark to get an interception, cause their going to test him and he is sneaky speedy smart, with 3 games under his belt now.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keyword…red zone.
We are not going to stop this 49ers offense. But much like last week, if we make them work for, prevent anything over the top and tighten it up in the red zone then we can keep it close.
If we get into a sprint with these guys we are in trouble.
Long methodical drives using misdirection running plays. No turnovers but generate at least two. Keep their offense off the field and wear done their defense. What do I think? Don’t ask…

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
btw - there is no overating 20/21 - there's only underrating it because McCaffrey got all the glory

You must be registered for see images attach

Purdy is legit and more than just a compliment to an extremely stacked roster - he doesn't cough it up - he's got the team's trust - accurate and smart AF - and this whole he's got it easy narrative - there is no easy in the NFL - the good ones just make it look easy

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean you're probably right just because of what Josiah said. I think both deebo and Kittle have been Cardinal killers. Their passing game plan will probably be for Purdy to make safe plays which get the ball in Deebo/Kittle's hands with a little bit of space. Quick throws. Then let those two out-talent a game but overmatched Arizona LB Corps and secondary (we need Budda back).

We need a big game from our LB corps today. We need them to both shut down CMC and also make plays in space against deebo and Kittle. That's a lot to ask.
I'd point out how much the DL was knocked off the ball. That was the biggest issue, OL getting off blocks and creating easy running lanes for CMC.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
btw - there is no overating 20/21 - there's only underrating it because McCaffrey got all the glory

You must be registered for see images attach

Purdy is legit and more than just a compliment to an extremely stacked roster - he doesn't cough it up - he's got the team's trust - accurate and smart AF - and this whole he's got it easy narrative - there is no easy in the NFL - the good ones just make it look easy
Bro he was pretty much untouched all game.

Get off his jock, he had a nice game, but in no way is he in the conversation of top QBs yet.