Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Nothing This Year But Draft One Next Year

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
IMHO, I don't think Josh will even be on the roster next year.

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
This fascinates me. Shaun King is like the invisible man.

He is a veteran and he is signed for this year and next year.

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is it time to label the entire OL as a bust?

I haven't seen an OL play this bad since the Dallas game last year. What a pathetic performance by the entire unit. Leonard Davis, AKA "Big Bust" has to be the most underachieving offensive lineman in the NFL. Does anyone know how to motivate LD, this big load shoud be the most dominate OL in the NFL.

Personally I don't think that McCown has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL but playing behind the Cards OL makes it difficult to evaluate him.

freebyrd

Reaction score
i honestly thought mccown was gonna get the hook long about the third quarter,
i don't think he makes it through the year might not make it til next week,
freebyrd

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Josh is on our roster next year. I think we end up bringing a reclamation project - ala Kerry Collins or someone like him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
McCown WILL be on our roster next year and I still expect him to start. I think it's ridiculous to count this game against when one considers that he has never played in poor weather conditions before, is hamper by high school level play calling, and an offense line that wouldn't have stopped a Pop Warner blitz.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
McCown WILL be on our roster next year and I still expect him to start. I think it's ridiculous to count this game against when one considers that he has never played in poor weather conditions before, is hamper by high school level play calling, and an offense line that wouldn't have stopped a Pop Warner blitz.

why do you think anyone is basing this question on one game Krang? And you want to make a bet on the claim above?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Green won't put up with this too much longer. 1-2 games max.

He'll bring in King (no long term solution) and then another vet.

Next pre Navarre gets a long look.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
I haven't seen an OL play this bad since the Dallas game last year. What a pathetic performance by the entire unit. Leonard Davis, AKA "Big Bust" has to be the most underachieving offensive lineman in the NFL. Does anyone know how to motivate LD, this big load shoud be the most dominate OL in the NFL.

Personally I don't think that McCown has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL but playing behind the Cards OL makes it difficult to evaluate him.

Exactely! ;)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I see my option on there--we'll get one in FA in the off-season. We misssed our chance for a QB that would have matured with the rest of the team. If we draft one early now, he'll be mature enough to lead us to the playoffs when Q, Fitz, Dockett, Dansby and/or Wilson (and all the other "core" guys) are all looking at other offers. Our window is next year and the following year, IMO.

OP
OP
BuckeyeCardinal

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'm not sure I see my option on there--we'll get one in FA in the off-season. We misssed our chance for a QB that would have matured with the rest of the team. If we draft one early now, he'll be mature enough to lead us to the playoffs when Q, Fitz, Dockett, Dansby and/or Wilson (and all the other "core" guys) are all looking at other offers. Our window is next year and the following year, IMO.

I should have added "this year or next year" to the veteran or FA response.

I think we have a better chance getting a starter for next year if we pick up an FA after the season is over.

Somebody like Collins should be able to do a better job next year than McCown.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I guess I'd say that this year and next year are two different issues. For next year, there's the draft, and the assumption that Brees, Kitna, or others may ultimately be available.

This year, it's only King or Navarre as replacements. If Green doesn't feel that McCown is starting next year, it would seem silly to not get a look at either before the year's out.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
From what he's done this season, Brees is going to be a hot commidity after the season is done. He's got to be #1 on our list going into the offseason. And he supposedly had a worse Oline than we do AND nobody to throw to. He may do well here, I think...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have to guess we'll sign a veteran after the season. That's Green's MO, he took one rookie QB high and there is no Culpepper in this next draft.

he'll never admit it but he has to be kicking himself for not taking Ben, he's at ~80% in his last 2 games, 5-0 as a starter and he's gone from a potential weakpoint on a solid team, to a key part of the team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
This fascinates me. Shaun King is like the invisible man.

He is a veteran and he is signed for this year and next year.

Understood but I don't see us keeping McCown and that means the 3rd Qb will be a veteran, and King and he will compete for the job. I'd be VERY surprised if we draft a QB in the early rounds.

King should be getting his chance, but for some reason he's not, that tells me a lot. Remember the title is what WILL we do, not what SHOULD we do.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
From what I saw, Favre, Daunte, Ben R wouldn't have been able to do much more. Adams was in his face 24/7. Josh had no time to make his reads. I honestly feel that the o-line and special teams lost the game, not Josh.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
O said:
IMHO, I don't think Josh will even be on the roster next year.

Agreed. I sure hope we get a chance to look at our backups or else why even have a backup. Buffalo sends in their backup yesterday when the game was all but over. Please tell me why Green did not do the same? I hope the answer is not to give Josh more experience. We went down this same road when we knew Jake was leaving and our coaches continued to play him up until the end. What was that all about?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PAQ77 said:
From what he's done this season, Brees is going to be a hot commidity after the season is done. He's got to be #1 on our list going into the offseason. And he supposedly had a worse Oline than we do AND nobody to throw to. He may do well here, I think...
Brees and King are equal commodities, in my book except that Brees is younger. If we go get Brees, I would hope that there's an open competition in camp.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn