Zaven Collins: What to do

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What did he do all year in 11 games for this defense?

Atleast Kyler is returning from injury, what the heck does Zaven do on the field?

So disappointing so far. With Reddick atleast some of the fans here saw some flashes.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zaven is still under contract next year. No need to pick up the 5th year option.

I have no issue with him being a starter on the team next year. When the Cardinals defense was overachieving the first half of the season I thought that Zaven was playing pretty well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People probably won't agree with me - but I really liked the way he played last year as an MLB - that's where he belongs. If you aren't going to play him there, he should probably be gone

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not a on the ball LB.

Need to move back to off ball. Probably trade would be best option.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do like that it has taken people to admit Zaven “ain't it” than it has with Isaiah Simmons much quicker despite Simmons being the bigger liability.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is fine on the EDGE as a depth body. I wouldn't get rid of him.
Yes, find somebody better and use Collins that way for a year. My God, the defense is horrific in terms of any talent. We can't keep dumping players without upgrades.

Reactions: PJ1

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zaven Collins to Steve Keim: “We’re gonna f--king kill everyone”

Zaven has not in fact killed anyone. Big disappointment. He has had some decent plays but few and far between.

Was hoping he'd blossom under this new regime.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
he is on the books next year for $4.6mm, the last year of his rookie deal -- and due to the nature of rookie contracts, you save nothing by cutting him

so the question is: is he worth a roster spot? if no, then you get trade next offseason like you did with Isiah Simmons.