Six picks…what do you want.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As things stand right now we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Without considering names or depth of each position in the draft, what “ holes” would you fill?

For the sake of continuity base your opinion on the assumption Kyler is our starting qb in 2024.

I would like to see:
A CB
A RB
An OT
Two d- linemen
A wr preferably over 5’10”

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would go OT with one of the 1st rounders: good ones go too quickly, and after watching PJ a solid o-line is foundational to the rebuild.
This team desperatly needs an infusion of talent.

WR, OT
CB x 2
Guard
DT
RB in later rounds....
I like this a lot.. I’m close, but just hate picking CB’s in the first half of the draft. To me, it seems like the biggest crap-shoot position of all positions. More valuable than RB, but more hit and miss.

-WR, OT, G
-DT, DE, DE (feel like you never can have enough edge rushers.. and if you build out the offense people will be playing from behind theoretically).
-CB

That would be my 6 picks.. I feel like based on our coaching staff we can get a A LOT more with less on the Defensive front. Would rather snag a proven commodity in FA for a CBs. With how the rules are today - how many CBs are truly first round value in the entire league? Can you name even 15 let alone 10 that you’d give a 1st rounder for?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I also think WR has become maybe the most “can’t miss pick” in early rounds of late - as in high picks are becoming stars… and with the payday their getting nowadays to get a “can’t miss pick” on one of the most expensive positions on a rookie contract provides such a premium.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also think WR has become maybe the most “can’t miss pick” in early rounds of late - as in high picks are becoming stars… and with the payday their getting nowadays to get a “can’t miss pick” on one of the most expensive positions on a rookie contract provides such a premium.
Our running game Is solid, our receivers are getting open, we Just Need an accurate qb, hopefully Kyler Is back soon
We could have won 4 games

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree..but, not too many potent offenses without a 1a and 1b WR. Marvin Harrison and Hollywood would be a not so poor-man’s Tyreke and Waddle…. As long as the Oline held up.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our running game Is solid, our receivers are getting open, we Just Need an accurate qb, hopefully Kyler Is back soon
We need some speed to compliment Connor or maybe a replacement for Connor. With the uncertainty of Browns status adds to the puzzle. If he’s allowed to leave our wr is not adequate.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Agree that with Conner the run game production is solid, but he's too injury prone to be the feature RB. Just don't tell @Stout he was right or we'll never hear the end of it. haha.

And I think Ingram is terrible, and is not even a capable back up. I think yesterday a practice squad guy D Williams looked significant better than Ingram.

So unfortunately I think we need more capital for the RB position. Either draft or FA, but more.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
of the two first rounders and the high 2nd:

you need two front 7 defensive players and one of a WR or a CB (dependent on Hollywood's situation).

next three: interior OL, interior DL ... and if there is a good value RB there, go for it. A value TE in there is an option as well given all the multiple TE sets the team runs

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What positions would be better filled through FA since that process will determine the positions targeted through the upcoming draft?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What positions would be better filled through FA since that process will determine the positions targeted through the upcoming draft?
DL can get you replacement-level players for relatively cheap. You can get acceptable starting CBs in free agency if you want to buy a little time for Marco, Kei'Trel, and Garrett to develop. Love to bring in a safety that isn't trash. Maybe another TE if we don't extend Swaim into his Age 31 season.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Had the choice of guard from Michigan or Troy Franklin. I'd probably take the guard in hindsight.
You must be registered for see images attach
since you started it Lou...

rounds went by fast, lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson