Five Games Left: What's the Top Priority?

What matters most to you in the last five games on the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting poll.

I think #1 and #2 are basically the same - figuring out if Kyler is the franchise QB.

Top 12, Top 10, Top 8 - doesn't really matter IMO.
If he is the franchise QB and Petzing's offense sucks - maybe he gets fired in the offseason.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish we could choose two options

I chose developing young players because they should be out there hungry to play ( unlike that business decision toolbox Hollywood) and it would be nice to see what they can do.

I would have also chosen seeing if Kyler can integrate into the offense. If he can then I am hoping he pulls his head out of his backside and starts playing up to what his level of play should be. If he can’t, well, I guess we may see a bizarre offseason

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting poll.

I think #1 and #2 are basically the same - figuring out if Kyler is the franchise QB.

Top 12, Top 10, Top 8 - doesn't really matter IMO.
If he is the franchise QB and Petzing's offense sucks - maybe he gets fired in the offseason.

I dunno. I put 1 and 2 separate because I think they're different enough. For me, the distinction is determining if Kyler can be a guy who can win in the playoffs vs. a guy who can win in the playoffs in this offense.

If Kyler sucks in this offense, I have a hard time believing that this management team choses to break itself up instead of tossing the guy to the curb who refuses to learn (or whatever). Kyler's MVP half-season feels long ago indeed.

I wish we could choose two options

I chose developing young players because they should be out there hungry to play ( unlike that business decision toolbox Hollywood) and it would be nice to see what they can do.

I would have also chosen seeing if Kyler can integrate into the offense. If he can then I am hoping he pulls his head out of his backside and starts playing up to what his level of play should be. If he can’t, well, I guess we may see a bizarre offseason

Yeah. I'm less interested in watching more interchangable UDFA cornerbacks, but who are the young players we're not seeing? Only Cam Thomas, yeah?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My priority is determining if Kyler can become Brock Purdy.
ie, a guy who's talents are maximized because he plays within himself while staying within the structure of the offensive system.

He stayed in the pocket but he was jittery doing it...he needs to take his own advice and "calm the fudge down "... imo if he gets relaxed in the pocket his accuracy will go back up.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My priority is determining if Kyler can become Brock Purdy.
ie, a guy who's talents are maximized because he plays within himself while staying within the structure of the offensive system.

He stayed in the pocket but he was jittery doing it...he needs to take his own advice and "calm the fudge down "... imo if he gets relaxed in the pocket his accuracy will go back up.
I get that Brock Purdy has been better than Jimmy G and the other dreck that's been under center for the Shanahan 49ers, but there's zero chance Brock Purdy gets a big contract with San Francisco unless he wins the Super Bowl twice. They're not going to be able to pay a QB top dollar and surround him with that supporting cast.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I get that Brock Purdy has been better than Jimmy G and the other dreck that's been under center for the Shanahan 49ers, but there's zero chance Brock Purdy gets a big contract with San Francisco unless he wins the Super Bowl twice. They're not going to be able to pay a QB top dollar and surround him with that supporting cast.
Agree. But kyler is more talented than Purdy.
If he plays within the offense...and regains his accuracy...he shouldn't need the same level of supporting cast to achieve similar results.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, we should see if Kyler can at least become a Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson, not no damn Brock Purdy.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agree. But kyler is more talented than Purdy.
If he plays within the offense...and regains his accuracy...he shouldn't need the same level of supporting cast to achieve similar results.
What reason do you have to believe that this offense can support those results? Hope and cope?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this team has bludgeoned it's fans into setting the bar pathetically low... for everyone involved. Kyler? Hopefully he'll be Brock Purdy! Gannon and Monti deserve gap years and can't be judged at all bringing home one of the worst teams we've ever seen! Michael Bidwill isn't making players pay for food anymore!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
this team has bludgeoned it's fans into setting the bar pathetically low... for everyone involved. Kyler? Hopefully he'll be Brock Purdy! Gannon and Monti deserve gap years and can't be judged at all bringing home one of the worst teams we've ever seen! Michael Bidwill isn't making players pay for food anymore!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Seriously. Fans saying "it's all good this is basically a seven game preseason and who doesn't love the preseason" is truly poverty mindset.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Wow... it's amazing how many of you missed the point entirely.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Because I watch the offense as it's being called instead of how it's executed.
The offense can be effective without superman at QB
Based on what? How awesome Kyler, Dobbs, and Deshaun Watson looked in it? Jacoby Brissett's 88.9 passer rating last year?

Serious cope.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Finding out if Murray can be elite in this offense is the priority.

The thing I’m not figuring out is Murray and the offense come out of the gates on fire and look like a prolific offense.

Then, the rest of the game they look very pedestrian. Is that Murray or the coaching or the “plan”.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Obviously, Klyer is the big questions but I voted for losing. This front office set us up for failure this year no matter what. I just want to be in the top 2 conversation, so we have an option to draft a QB or go with MHJ (my choice).
I hate to say it but if we end up winning a meaningless game or two, that will set us back even more. I still can't believe Houston is balling out and making that pick even less valuable. I was hoping we would be in the situation Chicago is in (with two top 10 picks).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have not much faith in Petzing offense at today cause he never got any significative results, but i do expect Murray to get back near at the level of his 2020/2021 seasons, if not, some legit question can be made

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont lose by 50 pts any crappy gm left pray texans and cards lose out.... sigh secure the pick i guess

Be some lame excuse n yr why cards are a factory of depression again im sure