Week 18 of the Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/06/24-05/12/24

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
not really. we were 7-0 going into that game and went 4-6 from that point forward. Truly a pivot point in Kliff's tenure and the crux of it was AJ Green running the wrong route.

I think Kliff, Kyler, the team, and fans would agree.
We won three of the next four after that game.

Before that point, we hadn't had the lead since the beginning of the second quarter. It felt like momentum was there with us; we'd driven 94 yards in 11 plays.

What a bad situation. Had to blow a time out with 1:16 on the clock after an aborted snaps and then ran twice inside the 10 -- three times in a row if you count a Kyler scramble. Don't miss Kliff's game management.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not really. we were 7-0 going into that game and went 4-6 from that point forward. Truly a pivot point in Kliff's tenure and the crux of it was AJ Green running the wrong route.

If the team was a strong as you are suggesting that they were, then one loss wouldn't have derailed them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I found some of the handwringing over the trade down and selection of Melton puzzling at the time. Melton was right there with McKinstry and DeJean in performance and was a pretty clean prospect.

Now that I've seen him talk, I'm pretty convicted that Melton is going to be a good one.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the AJ Green xbox controller disconnected play against the Packers put this team in a 2 year death spiral that lead to Kliff getting fired.... THANK YEW AJ
Nah that wasn't it. After that game we beat both the Seahawks and 49ers with Colt McCoy under center. The real team killer was that 2nd Rams game where Hopkins got hurt. We were 10-2 before that and showed real grit despite numerous key injuries; but Hopkins being out was the final dagger for the season.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What happened to the 2021 Cardinals has happened numerous times in the 7 decades that I have watched them. They incurred a ton of injuries (which happens in the NFL), but like ALWAYS, they didn’t have the depth, physical interior toughness, and intestinal fortitude to overcome them. When Monti & JG bring up sustained success, it’s about building depth and physicality on both lines.