Warriors @ Suns Tuesday game thread 12-12-2023

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Draymond says it was unintentional - he was trying to sell the call
He’s a bad liar. You can see it on the replay that he spins and sees Nurk and intentionally follows through his face. Now the question is how many additional games will he be suspended?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s a bad liar. You can see it on the replay that he spins and sees Nurk and intentionally follows through his face. Now the question is how many additional games will he be suspended?

I think either 2 or 3 games and the coin flip says 3. I was 50/50 before the flip but am probably 55% towards a 2 game suspension now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think either 2 or 3 games and the coin flip says 3. I was 50/50 before the flip but am probably 55% towards a 2 game suspension now.

He JUST came off a 5 game suspension where the NBA made note that it was 5 games as a result of previous actions.

I think it's gotta be 5-8 games this time. It being on national TV and dominating the sports world tonight won't help him much.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I joked earlier about the Suns signing Paul when the Warriors buy him out (I am pretty sure the new CBA prevents us from signing him), but I would be all about plucking up Saric if the Warriors let him go.

I think this Warrior team is a mess. They are expensive and old. They had an amazing run, but as @LoyaltyisaCurse has noted... loyalty is a curse. Don't blame their front office at all, they won 4 titles, but Wiggins, Klay and Draymond are dragging this team into the abyss right now.

Saric is a really smart player, a great passer, solid shooter, always seemingly in the right place. He'd be a great pickup. One of those dudes who doesn't wow you himself but just seems to have good things happen when he is on the court.

Gun to my head, I really do think we win the title in 2021 if he doesn't pop his ACL. Our bench was a huge strength, with him and Payne fueling it, the moment he went down, Payne lost the dude he played off of and it fell apart.

However, he is playing so well right now, that the Warriors will probably trade him rather than electing to cut him loose.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He JUST came off a 5 game suspension where the NBA made note that it was 5 games as a result of previous actions.

I think it's gotta be 5-8 games this time. It being on national TV and dominating the sports world tonight won't help him much.
That was totally deliberate.

And yes, they need to keep doubling his suspension until he either stops or is out of the league

Is five games suspension was a joke that should’ve been 10 to 20. This one needs to be double digits.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It should be more but Silver is a wimp. He hasn't come down hard on anyone for anything. At this point with Draymond though it's not just Silver who needs to act but the Warriors organization as well. Whatever Silver gives should be doubled. They've allowed it for too long. Kerr should also take his starting spot but he won't.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a single Suns player ran over to do anything about this. SOFT.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond says it was unintentional - he was trying to sell the call

He just doesn't want to play enough anymore. They had a 5 point lead but he personally wasn't playing well so he gets mad and takes a cheap shot and gets ejected.

Fundamentally Kerr has to do some self analysis, last year the starting 5 was the best in the NBA in terms of plus minus, this year it's almost dead last. 3 of his 5 starters have fallen off a cliff, Draymond, Thompson and Wiggins. 2 of them have obvious replacements, Kuminga for Wiggins and Moody for Klay. Podz can help because he's such a good rebounder but I don't think you want to start him.

But Kerr is afraid if he benches Klay and Wiggins he'll lose both, Klay will be mad and won't buy in and Wiggins will lose what little confidence he has left. So he's desperately hoping they get "it" back and it's not going to happen IMO.

They don't have an obvious replacement for Draymond unless there's a deal to bring in another front court guy. But the dropoff of those 3 has made it harder to play Looney major minutes because he's not a scorer and you can't run out a lineup game after game where current Klay is your 2nd best scorer, it's just not enough.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Not a single Suns player ran over to do anything about this. SOFT.
SOFT? Maybe so, but let the refs control the rough play. Players coming to revenge a horrible situation like what Green did cost the Suns the 2007 NBA Championship that we long have waited for.

What if Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw weren't suspended following Robert Horry's infamous hip check of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the 2007 Western Conference Semifinals?

Every Suns fan knows the story: The Suns were about to even up their best-of-seven series with the Spurs at two games apiece -- but in the final seconds of that game in San Antonio, Horry hip-checked the Suns' star point guard into the scorer's table, causing Stoudemire and Diaw to instinctively jump off the Phoenix bench in defense of their teammate.
Per NBA rules, players on the bench who enter the court of play are subject to suspension -- and much to the chagrin of Suns fans, the NBA followed the letter of the law and suspended Stoudemire and Diaw for Game 5 of the series in Phoenix.

The point is,,, don't get involved in rough situations where common sense isn't used, thus causing suspensions.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also don't think most of the Suns players saw what Draymond did because it was away from the ball in front of the Warriors bench. It wasn't until they saw the replay they knew what happened.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
A win is a win. There are some positives to this season too. Despite all the injuries the team is right there. 1 game between 4th and 9th. If the KD/Book/Beal get healthy and win some games at 70% clip, they will have a chance to get the Pac Division. That's a guaranteed top 4 seed. It's really tight between the Suns, Lakers, Kings, Clippers. Our point differential is also solid, +2.2. 7th in the West. Again, sign of a better than average team.

The whole thing is consistency. We just don't have consistent lineups. Due to the injuries. We've got to get some sort of run with Nurk, KD, Allen, Beal and Book. Even though that lineup is a bit short on the perimeter, overall it should give us the best shot at winning consistently.

Really getting impatient waiting on KD/Book/Beal to get healthy at the same time. You can live with role players like Allen being in/out of the linup. However when your stars just can't stay healthy usually your season is doomed. We need a good 30 to 40 game run where these 3 guys remain healthy. Sure missing the odd game back to back, or once in a while is ok.

Again the positive is that the other teams in the Pac division - Lakers, Kings, Clippers, all have been extremely healthy with their stars/best players. And yet they haven't made any significant progress in the standings (1 game difference between us and these teams). Like I said, that 30 to 40 game run of healthy could change our entire season, if it ever happens.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking his leash is getting really short, not sure how much longer they gonna put up with his thug antics…
I thought the same thing the first 94 times Draymond delivered an obviously intentional and dangerous cheap shot. Now, I'm giving serious consideration to thinking about maybe making a decision to possibly contemplate doubting the Silver approach.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, everyone on here thought that Allen was a dirty player. :rolleyes:
We didn't "think it", we absolutely knew it. But it was based on what he did in college and that point was also made. He was one of the worst dirty players I've ever seen. But if you're just looking at frequency, he's never been anywhere close to the same league as Karl Malone or Bruce Bowen or Pat Beverley or Draymond Green or many others. But he kind of stands alone in the type of dirty plays he made. They came out of nowhere and they had nothing to do with what was happening in the basketball game. They were pyscho type plays and so far we've seen none of that from him in the NBA. I'm surprised but pleased and hopeful for his future.

Last edited: