Kings @ Suns Friday game thread 12-8-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday, the Suns play the Kings at home which essentially turns into a five game home stand.

Afterward, they play the Warriors, Nets, Knicks and Wizards also at home.

When: Friday, 12-8-2023

Television: TBD

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 PM Arizona time

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Be an interesting game. What could have been the West finals for the IST but the Kings got smacked by the Pelicans and the refs decided LeBron needed to go to Vegas. Pulling for Willie Green and the Pelicans there. Would like to see the Suns get a big W against a potential playoff opponent here though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns game on Friday at 7 pm will be televised as follows:

Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have yet to play the Bucks, Celtics, Heat and Magic. Losses to 76ers and Raptors.

On the west coats of things, we lost to the Thunder, Lakers (3x already this season), and Nuggets.

We need some wins against some quality, this is one of those games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have yet to play the Bucks, Celtics, Heat and Magic. Losses to 76ers and Raptors.

On the west coats of things, we lost to the Thunder, Lakers (3x already this season), and Nuggets.

We need some wins against some quality, this is one of those games.
I don't think Sacramento is really all that good, but neither are the Suns.

I keep hoping the coaching staff will get things straightened out, but it isn't happening.

Also, I have no idea what is going on with Book. First 3 games he played this year he looked incredible, lately he looks like a shell of himself. I don't understand what is going on and why he no longer wants to shoot 3's, and most jumpers for that matter.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill be out fri n :) but ill be keepin track of score on box.....

Hope perform bit better than vs la ugh just hate losing to lakers.... like spurs pretty much lol

Want to see good gms by kd dbook eric 3 pt gordon fingers crossed....

Zzz kind of sucked l n after l :(

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I keep hoping the coaching staff will get things straightened out, but it isn't happening.

Also, I have no idea what is going on with Book. First 3 games he played this year he looked incredible, lately he looks like a shell of himself. I don't understand what is going on and why he no longer wants to shoot 3's, and most jumpers for that matter.

He's designated point guard and trying to make the role work. The Lakers game planned for that to a T, he kept pressing to get other involved as the stood around in the first half.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's just a guess but I think the ankle and/or hamstring are still bothering him and he doesn't want to sit out. Unlike a lot of guys, he is never the same player when he's anything less than 100%. It's been one of my biggest concerns about him, his need to play every night and his tendency to struggle when dealing with minor injuries.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It's just a guess but I think the ankle and/or hamstring are still bothering him and he doesn't want to sit out. Unlike a lot of guys, he is never the same player when he's anything less than 100%. It's been one of my biggest concerns about him, his need to play every night and his tendency to struggle when dealing with minor injuries.
I also feel like he’s a lot less aggressive offensively when he’s playing point Book. Making a point to get others involved. I often wish he stayed aggressive.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I also feel like he’s a lot less aggressive offensively when he’s playing point Book. Making a point to get others involved. I often wish he stayed aggressive.
This! 100000 percent. Book is the best 2 guard in the league. I’m proud of his growth as a facilitator but not when it takes him out of his shooting rhythm.

He’ll be fine but I wouldn’t mind if the assists when down a tick, but the scoring/aggression goes up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Suns are 2-0 with just Book, so...

Maybe we'll play better since we don't have both Book AND KD to fall back on. EG needs to step up. I think Nurk matches up better with Sacramento.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant and Grayson Allen are OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is looking more and more promising Bradley Beal will return soon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Vogel believes the injuries to Durant and Allen are short term.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Could we have a full team minus Damian Lee against Golden State on Tuesday? At home, against GSW and on TNT? Can't script it much better than that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's tempting to think the Suns might have a full roster available to them, less Damion Lee, against the Warriors.

However, I wonder if the Suns thinking might be influenced by having to play back-to-back games against the Warriors on Tuesday and the Nets on Wednesday. We might not see everyone both nights.