Knicks @ Suns Friday game thread 12-15-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only two games remaining on the Suns five game home stand.

They play the Knicks on Friday and the Wizards on Sunday.

New York, (13-10) loses at the Jazz on Wednesday, while the Suns (13-11) fall to the Nets.

When: Friday, 12-15-2023

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, ESPN

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 8 PM Arizona time

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last game against the Knicks was our best of the year IMO, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

Suns haven't played well since that game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last game against the Knicks was our best of the year IMO, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

Suns haven't played well since that game.

Judging by our wins and competition so far, seems like we have an easier schedule to start and will only get tougher as we get to April. Hopefully we get our ducks in a row.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Judging by our wins and competition so far, seems like we have an easier schedule to start and will only get tougher as we get to April. Hopefully we get our ducks in a row.

We’ve played the easiest schedule in the NBA so far.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
The eye test in this team is telling me that if they don’t figure out to play some defense, we will continue to be a 500 team and zero chance at a championship. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’m guessing NY wins this one.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen and Eric Gordon have been upgraded to QUESTIONABLE.

Josh Okogie is still OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen and Eric Gordon have been upgraded to QUESTIONABLE.

Josh Okogie is still OUT.

I hope they play. I am desperate to see how the team looks healthy for a run of games. We need an idea of how good this team can really be.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they play. I am desperate to see how the team looks healthy for a run of games. We need an idea of how good this team can really be.

I'd rather wait and let them get healthy, that way we can see more of Metu and Little to establish a better baseline of what they are to this team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The eye test in this team is telling me that if they don’t figure out to play some defense, we will continue to be a 500 team and zero chance at a championship. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’m guessing NY wins this one.
This team was never going to be elite defensively - they are supposed to be elite offensively - and so far they aren't. That is the real problem.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team was never going to be elite defensively - they are supposed to be elite offensively - and so far they aren't. That is the real problem.
The team is just outside the top 10 for offensive efficiency, scoring, #4 in 3P%, #3 in FT Attempts. Where the team is struggling is fast break points and paint points. I would say that is pretty good considering the rash of injuries. Injuries more than anything else has kept this team from being even better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope either Gordon or Allen plays. Having 1 of them will take some pressure off the big 3. We'll see what happens but I'd really like a win so the crowd is in good spirits for Marion's ROH induction.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope either Gordon or Allen plays. Having 1 of them will take some pressure off the big 3. We'll see what happens but I'd really like a win so the crowd is in good spirits for Marion's ROH induction.
Even having one of them is a boost to the bench and will help when only one of the big 3 is on the floor.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Has anyone seen anything beyond that initial report that the induction is during the postgame? You'd think that some of the beat writers like Gerald would comment on that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry Colangelo got this pick right, Shawn Marion.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The team is just outside the top 10 for offensive efficiency, scoring, #4 in 3P%, #3 in FT Attempts. Where the team is struggling is fast break points and paint points. I would say that is pretty good considering the rash of injuries. Injuries more than anything else has kept this team from being even better.
They need to be #1 or #2 with 3 30pt scorers. No other team has that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen is AVAILABLE tonight.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not gonna happen tonight maybe not by the AS break.
But this team WILL find it's identity and when that happens we will have some beautiful basketball to watch.
Give them a chance to play together, one game means nothing.