Nets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-13-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the Nets on the second night of back-to-back games.

Phoenix is now 13-10 on the season after beating the Warriors on Tuesday.

Brooklyn is 12-10.

The Suns have three remaining games on their home stand: Nets (Wednesday), Knicks (Friday) and the Wizards (Sunday).

When: Wednesday, 12-13-2023

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 PM Arizona time

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need to get some players back. Please, no Bol Bol on Wednesday.

I think, even to Bol's most bullish fans, the veil was pulled off tonight. That 4 minute stretch was one of the worst individual efforts of NBA basketball I've ever seen. On offense he either stood in the corner, waiting to miss a 3, or he got in the way. On defense... wow... that was a virtuoso performance of incompetence. Didn't box anyone out, a really stupid foul on Thompson's jumper, double teaming harmless guys off the ball, left multiple guys wide open for 3 and even had Chris Paul, and his 2 inch elevation, drill a 3 over him. Topped it off by losing his man in transition for an easy ally-oop (and even got away with an obvious foul on the dunk).

Barring extreme emergency, I don't think he will see a minute outside of garbage time again this year.

Should anyone become available as a free agent, I fully expect that Bol is the first guy on the chopping block.

PS, I have seen people think we are going to use him as trade bait... he has ZERO trade value, less than zero. He is, at best, salary fodder, as a piece alone he is not worth his minimum contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think, even to Bol's most bullish fans, the veil was pulled off tonight. That 4 minute stretch was one of the worst individual efforts of NBA basketball I've ever seen. On offense he either stood in the corner, waiting to miss a 3, or he got in the way. On defense... wow... that was a virtuoso performance of incompetence. Didn't box anyone out, a really stupid foul on Thompson's jumper, double teaming harmless guys off the ball, left multiple guys wide open for 3 and even had Chris Paul, and his 2 inch elevation, drill a 3 over him. Topped it off by losing his man in transition for an easy ally-oop (and even got away with an obvious foul on the dunk).

Barring extreme emergency, I don't think he will see a minute outside of garbage time again this year.

Should anyone become available as a free agent, I fully expect that Bol is the first guy on the chopping block.

PS, I have seen people think we are going to use him as trade bait... he has ZERO trade value, less than zero. He is, at best, salary fodder, as a piece alone he is not worth his minimum contract.

The Suns would most likely waive Bol Bol if they move on or include him in a trade to make salaries work with another player.

Of course, the Suns have few assets to trade.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Looking forward to see how the crowd takes to Mikal and Cam. There will undoubtedly be cheers, but will there be cheers for them through the whole game?

This seems very unique vs other players returning to Phoenix, although I did hear cheers for Chris Paul last night, even late in the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Looking forward to see how the crowd takes to Mikal and Cam. There will undoubtedly be cheers, but will there be cheers for them through the whole game?

This seems very unique vs other players returning to Phoenix, although I did hear cheers for Chris Paul last night, even late in the game.
They’ll get a nice welcome back, but I’d be surprised at anything beyond that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the injury report for tonight. I sure hope Durant plays. He is PROBABLE.

Nassir Little is QUESTIONABLE.

Allen and Okogie remain OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does look like the Suns three stars may play but I'm crossing my fingers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what Shams Charania is posting. Seeing the Big 3 tonight is looking more and more promising.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They’ll get a nice welcome back, but I’d be surprised at anything beyond that.

I think they're going to get as loud of an applause as anyone. I also think they'll do a highlight video for each during the game (they did the same for Paul and Ayton earlier). I'd bet they will get a fair amount of applause throughout the game... maybe it will die off in the 4th if the game is close.

I still see as many Bridges jerseys as anyone's around the arena, probably second only to Booker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they're going to get as loud of an applause as anyone. I also think they'll do a highlight video for each during the game (they did the same for Paul and Ayton earlier). I'd bet they will get a fair amount of applause throughout the game... maybe it will die off in the 4th if the game is close.

I still see as many Bridges jerseys as anyone's around the arena, probably second only to Booker.
you think a fair amount of people are going to be... cheering for Bridges and Cam... during the game?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still bit exhausted from yest gm no stress rest for suns fans lol

Hope to see good showings by beal book gordon nurik

Wishing for best result and as always lol my 420 will be rdy to spark :)

Gl to cam bridges i miss those guys as suns players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson