• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I voted Glasselbeck as well. If we want to win the NFCW, take the guy who's proven he knows how to beat these teams.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On that list, I want Orton... but he's not going to be available. I picked Kolb as I think he is the only one in thast list who would stay QB for more than a year or two. Palmer could be a boom or bust situation, if Leinart didn't work here, I'm not sure how well another USC QB from the same system would do.

Bulger or Hasselback would be okay for a year or two... certainly better than Anderson.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On that list, I want Orton... but he's not going to be available. I picked Kolb as I think he is the only one in thast list who would stay QB for more than a year or two. Palmer could be a boom or bust situation, if Leinart didn't work here, I'm not sure how well another USC QB from the same system would do.

Bulger or Hasselback would be okay for a year or two... certainly better than Anderson.

You can't compare Carson Palmer with Matt Leinart.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Any of them would be an upgrade. My least favorite is Bulger.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
somebody can tell me why cincinnati drafted just a running back on the 7th round when they they just one in the roster(bernard scott)..they dont have a complete back in their team

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for how people are so high on Kolb? What has he done in his career that could warrant people frothing at the mouth for him?

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
somebody can tell me why cincinnati drafted just a running back on the 7th round when they they just one in the roster(bernard scott)..they dont have a complete back in their team

Rod Graves: Mr Brown, what's it going to take to get Carson Palmer
Mike Brown: Beanie Wells
Rod Graves: Let me think on that and get back to you

...Musical interlude for 3 months...

Rod Graves: Done deal! :D

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like Carson Palmer. He is just 31 years old and could lead this team for the next 5 + years. He would do great with Fitz.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Kolb is so massively overrated imo.

Why would I want to give up assets for the guy when we could sign Hasselback, McNabb or Smith?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Kolb only because he has upside. Palmer has not been the same player since the injury and I don't think he ever will be.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasselbeck give the best chance until Cards really get a QB. Kolb..still unproven, imo and cost too much. Palmer ain't coming here whether Cinci lets him go or not. Bulger..meh

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have gone over to Orton because, mainly, the others have injury issues of one sort or the other. Although, I would not want to give up a lot or pay him over a long term contract. He is not the answer, just a stop gap guy.

Kolb is too unproven and unknown to give big money to. Orton could, possibly, hold the fort for a couple of seasons.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with Kolb is his huge contract demands and what we have to give up.

I really don't have one that I favor over the other, but from what I have read Bulger would fit in with our offense. I'm not sure he has anything left in the tank though.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If healthy, physically able (& motivated) -

1. Hasselbeck

2. McNabb

3. Palmer.

Palmer is the most intriguing because he figures to be the youngest and most physically gifted. But you have to wonder about what he's got going (or not going) "between his ears."

Just wondering, but does the fact that a bunch of teams drafted rookies like Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Kaepernick etc. - open the door to the likelihood that some of those teams will be more likely to release or trade pretty good backup QB's.

For example, I've heard Hoyer (NE Patriots) is a hot commodity among competitive scouts.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I voted for Bulger because Warner, Fitz and Q have all endorsed him. Another reason is that Whiz wanted him last year and appears to still want him this year.

I will throw up in my mouth a little if we send a 1st rd pick to the Eagles for Kolb.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
My wish list based on Possible QBs (In Order):

McNabb
Palmer
Orton
Smith
Hasslebach
Kolb
Young
Bulger

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You do realize that McFatty is never going to be a Cardinal under the current regime?
Yes, but he would thrive here...It just makes no sense to me why Cards are so against him...he has never had the offensive tools this team has (save for Brian Westbrook)...

Indiana Hoosier

Registered
Reaction score
Palmer, is still young and would be a great pickup. I'm not so sure about Kolb, something bothers me about him. Go after Palmer 4th Rd Pick and Hightower should do it!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson