Hypothetical For The Tank

Which deal do you like better?

• Total voters

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
IMO with Kyler Murray healthy you’re not a smoke-and-mirrors team. You surround him with what you can on the assumption that every year he gives you a chance to win a championship.

This year was gonna be tough, but there’s no defined end of The Process. Nine wins isn’t purgatory; 4 wins is.

0 playoff wins in 4 years (only one playoff game). He has had talent around him and didn't get it done. KYLER regressed in 2022.

Based on what? Did Monti tell you the strategy?

9-7 is purgatory. You aren't good enough to win championships and are picking in the late middle of every draft.

If you want to be mediocre - that is a great plan. See the Tennessee Titans.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is floating around the Good News thread, but it doesn't belong there at the level of detail I want to discuss it.

Say the Cards decide to trade Kyler. They want at least a first-round pick for him, and they don't want to eat any more of his current deal than they're scheduled to (that's a $35 million guaranteed salary for 2024).

This teams would have to have at least $35 million in effective cap space and (probably) the ability to compete in 2024, or at least no near-term option for something more. Who are those teams?

Bears (maybe you get their 2024 second and 2025 first)
Pats
Commanders
Titans
Lions (maybe move Goff over in the deal -- he's under contract with a $22m base salary in 2024)
Raiders

The Vikes and Bucs can probably maneuver themselves into a position to get Kyler if they really want him.
it also helps the buying team if we trade him prior to the new league year... I forget the exact date, 5th day of NLY IIRC, but the way the contract is setup, kylers salary becomes guaranteed a year early... so his 2025 salary becomes guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2024 league year...moving him before that day allows the new team to negotiate themselves a new deal with him. which kyler is likely to do since new deals come with new signing bonuses. it puts us in a time crunch but he has more value for trade before that date hits.... his next bump includes something like 40mil in guarantees with salary and workout bonus.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
it also helps the buying team if we trade him prior to the new league year... I forget the exact date, 5th day of NLY IIRC, but the way the contract is setup, kylers salary becomes guaranteed a year early... so his 2025 salary becomes guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2024 league year...moving him before that day allows the new team to negotiate themselves a new deal with him. which kyler is likely to do since new deals come with new signing bonuses. it puts us in a time crunch but he has more value for trade before that date hits.... his next bump includes something like 40mil in guarantees with salary and workout bonus.
I mean, maybe. Those rolling salaries are guaranteed; I don't know why Kyler would sign a new deal with less guarantees than he's already on the books for to get out of AZ.

The team trading for him can always restructure once he's in their building without having to come up with even more guaranteed money to put in escrow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's incredible that they can't just pick 5-10 things and do them well. Or just outsource it to a real restaurant group.
The salary cap burger literally looked like something they could barely spend money on because they were so close to the cap.

That can’t be real. Can it? Most of that food looked atrocious… and tiny.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So trading for Josh Dobbs a false flag operation to make fans think they are not tanking; all along knowing that Dobbs sucks?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m glad we won one game at least.

I’m cool with tanking, but I’m not cool with going completely winless.

I want to see some growth in second half play. They have been on a bottomless fall in six weeks

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
With the broncos, patriots and bears winning we are really playing with fire if we don’t tank. We are in the drivers seat here. Today is the example where with Kyler we prob win a close game but still would be a bad team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard