Hypothetical For The Tank

Which deal do you like better?

• Total voters

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the big discussion on 98.7 this morning was tanking for the #1. Bickley stated he thinks the correct path is to keep Kyler and trade the #1 for a ransom to build the team with.

So do you want:

Kyler Murray and a boat load of picks

Caleb Williams and an extra pick plus future cap space

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how Kyler plays the last part of the year. If he doesn't play at all because the Cards are worried about the injury settlement, I keep Kyler and trade for a boatload of picks.

I am assuming he plays little at this point. There is too much smoke around him not playing and tanking

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am assuming he plays little at this point. There is too much smoke around him not playing and tanking
Agreed. I think he plays, but that 90M injury guarantee is a lot of dough.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bird in hand.

The absolute best case scenario for the Cardinals would be for Murray to come back and play well down the stretch but for the team to end up with #1 and #2. Team at #3 now has to think that they will get jumped by other teams in the top 5 and miss out on BOTH QBs so they trade #3 and two additional first round picks and probably two second round picks as well. Once the #2 pick is on the clock, the Cardinals could conceivably have the exact same scenario.

The team at #4 is scared that they will miss out on QB #2 and they trade up offering #4 and two additional first round picks and likely two second round picks.

The Cardinals then take MHJ at #3 and the next best player (Alt? Fashanu? Verse?) at #4, while sitting in a position that they will have a plethora of picks of the next two seasons to build a team around. This could also include trades for young stars on their rookie contract as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooh... Cap space is extremely versatile. I've seen people say that cap space is preferable to:
A starting IDL
A starting CB
A HOF WR
All Pro Safety
Yeah, that's what we said. smh

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bird in hand.

The absolute best case scenario for the Cardinals would be for Murray to come back and play well down the stretch but for the team to end up with #1 and #2. Team at #3 now has to think that they will get jumped by other teams in the top 5 and miss out on BOTH QBs so they trade #3 and two additional first round picks and probably two second round picks as well. Once the #2 pick is on the clock, the Cardinals could conceivably have the exact same scenario.

The team at #4 is scared that they will miss out on QB #2 and they trade up offering #4 and two additional first round picks and likely two second round picks.

The Cardinals then take MHJ at #3 and the next best player (Alt? Fashanu? Verse?) at #4, while sitting in a position that they will have a plethora of picks of the next two seasons to build a team around. This could also include trades for young stars on their rookie contract as well.
Idk. There's something about Kyler playing well and us sitting with two top picks that doesnt sit right with me. It was excusable for a team likethe Bears with Fields trying to find his way.

If Kyler plays well then he needs to win as well.

So I'd hope the Cards get the #1 pick with the Texans pick. However, I'd hold firm on not dropping past 3 in terms of trading that pick. MHJ could be a slower Calvin Johnson. Cant drop too far from that.

Ideally Cards w/ Kyler playing well/new staff doing well picking around 9 to 12.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Idk. There's something about Kyler playing well and us sitting with two top picks that doesnt sit right with me. It was excusable for a team likethe Bears with Fields trying to find his way.

If Kyler plays well then he needs to win as well.
I don't think he can though, because this defense going to give up a lot of points.
So I'd hope the Cards get the #1 pick with the Texans pick. However, I'd hold firm on not dropping past 3. MHJ could be a slower Calvin Johnson. Cant drop too far from that.
MHJ is in my mind, the prize of the draft of you don't need a QB. Even teams with a legit #1 would have to consider him.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he can though, because this defense going to give up a lot of points.

MHJ is in my mind, the prize of the draft of you don't need a QB. Even teams with a legit #1 would have to consider him.

The defense is going to suck. There is just so little talent out there.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we’ll find out if this is actually true depending on Fields & the rookie QBs’ performances.
How do you see the Bears and Panthers shaking out this year?

Eh, I think Gannon is going to keep us in some games that we'll need Kyler to close.
Yea MHJ is the prize imo. Because I think he'll be great despite system, etc.

Unlike you I believe Caleb is closer to Mahomes. However, Petzing or whoever having to be Andy Reid is daunting task. I like Maye. He's actually more athletic than Caleb. However, I need to see him deliver for another year tbh.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think we’ll find out if this is actually true depending on Fields & the rookie QBs’ performances.

They had to give Fields a shot with competent offensive players around him. If he sucks this year they have the ammo to trade up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard