Suns @ Kings 3-23-19

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That second video seems to have all made shots in the 4th quarter for both teams other than free throws. It's like 5-6 minutes and will show you basically the entire comeback. I watched that one and was surprised to see how Brooklyn came back since the Kings weren't scoreless throughout the run. The Nets just managed to score more by hitting 3's when the Kings would get 2. They chipped away at the lead until they overcame it but the Kings didn't roll over and make it easy.

I appreciate you finding it. Look forward to watching it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I appreciate you finding it. Look forward to watching it.

Not a problem. I almost posted it here earlier because I'm sold on Russell. The kid has looked like a star in the last 2 months or so and that game is a good look at him.

Other than that you can see that Dudley had a lot more in the tank than we allowed him to show. I know he got out of shape in his last year here but we signed him to a fairly good sized contract and then stuck him on the bench within a dozen games of his first season back. It made no sense. He wasn't paid as just a veteran addition and they didn't talk about his signing like he'd be a bench piece either. That was questionable, for sure. Glad McD is out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is giving a strong effort tonight with 15 points and 9 rebounds thus far.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting, Booker has 7 games with 30+ points & 10+ assists now. That ties KJ as most games like that for a Sun prior to the age of 23. He's 22 and 144 days right now. So he can beat that before hitting 23 but it'll be close. He turns 23 October 30th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is giving a strong effort tonight with 15 points and 9 rebounds thus far.

He's got the double double now, 10 boards. I liked what EJ said about that. It's like Booker scoring 20+, it's to the point where you expect Ayton to get a double double. He needs to learn to do a little more to really impact the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, Booker has 7 games with 30+ points & 10+ assists now. That ties KJ as most games like that for a Sun prior to the age of 23. He's 22 and 144 days right now. So he can beat that before hitting 23 but it'll be close. He turns 23 October 30th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Of course KJ was older when he started his NBA career.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear to god if I see Bender pass up another open shot I’m going to throw up

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get Bender out. He's playing like he's scared.

Nice board and putback by Ayton. 4 point Kings lead, 103-107

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's got the double double now, 10 boards. I liked what EJ said about that. It's like Booker scoring 20+, it's to the point where you expect Ayton to get a double double. He needs to learn to do a little more to really impact the game.

Ayton doing some nice stuff tonight.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It might as well be 4 on 5 with Bender out there. I know I made plenty of excuses for him last year but he's showed negative progress in the last year. I don't care if he'll resign for the minimum, get him out. I'd rather have Alex Len back than see Bender in a Suns uniform next year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Kings 112 - Suns 103

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is gonna be a really ugly end to a really ugly end to the season. outside of two 5-7 game stretch, this team was absolutely abysmal all season.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bender played 7 more minutes than Ayton and Bender had 4 fouls to Ayton’s 2. No injuries.

Anyone wanna explain that to me?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmer only played 4 minutes after all the media hype.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It might as well be 4 on 5 with Bender out there. I know I made plenty of excuses for him last year but he's showed negative progress in the last year. I don't care if he'll resign for the minimum, get him out. I'd rather have Alex Len back than see Bender in a Suns uniform next year.

His go to move is catch the ball at the 3 point line pump fake beautifully, the defender flies by him allowing Bender to dribble in a few steps be wide open then make a stupid pass into traffic

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a way I wish Booker did hurt his ankle when he went down for a minute. If Oubre, Jackson, Johnson, and Warren aren't playing then we might as well sit Booker also.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender played 7 more minutes than Ayton and Bender had 4 fouls to Ayton’s 2. No injuries.

Same reason why Booker and Ayton spent so much time on the bench together

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Same reason why Booker and Ayton spent so much time on the bench together

Yep. I had forgotten how much I disliked Igor up until tonight. Sloppy play sets, head scratching substitution patterns and overplaying ineffective players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The season is over. The Suns are evaluating some players for next year. We know Ayton will be back but Bender is a question mark. He needs to earn a spot here next year, like Daniels, and both of them have been getting some burn to see what they can offer. Bender hasn't taken advantage of that opportunity though.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
His go to move is catch the ball at the 3 point line pump fake beautifully, the defender flies by him allowing Bender to dribble in a few steps be wide open then make a stupid pass into traffic

You have to admit it's distinctive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard