2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're rather verbose for someone who doesn't care.

Why do you feel a need to troll those who do?

Perhaps you should consider a 'finito', and find better things to do with your life.

I’m not trolling I’m just expressing my opinion. Do you see me being disrespectful? Do you see me getting out of line? No. Just here

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love dunking on people like you who come over here to talk smack.

Your takes on DeAndre Ayton are epically bad. Hilarious.

Well here you are. Clearly dunking on me.

Don’t feel I’m “talking smack” at all.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So...we drafted MHJ at #4. That is an amazing stroke of luck for a team that hasn't had much luck, ever. Four days later, I am more ecstatic about it than ever. This offense has a legitimate chance to be special. Kyler/MHJ/McBride is going to be a nightmare for red zone defenses.

OK. I'm done. Sorry to break up the bickering.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MHJ now needs to learn how to use both feet on the sideline throws, endzone corners and all other catches

Big difference getting both feet in and getting both tips of the cleats to touch on the reach over catch on the line
Thing I hope is that like Larry he starts to add Yac to his game (at least based on what we've seen in college)

I've heard several people call him maybe the best college route runner in 20 years. He just has to not leave his feet as much at the point of the catch. Instead turn some of those plays into catch and runs.

That's something Todd Haley use to challenge Larry. Hope we do it here with Marv.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So...we drafted MHJ at #4. That is an amazing stroke of luck for a team that hasn't had much luck, ever. Four days later, I am more ecstatic about it than ever. This offense has a legitimate chance to be special. Kyler/MHJ/McBride is going to be a nightmare for red zone defenses.

OK. I'm done. Sorry to break up the bickering.
I still *wish* they added another WR in the top 4 rounds. Or a more proven pass catcher in free agency. I don't trust Wilson's health yet and Dortch is still a #4 imo.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still *wish* they added another WR in the top 4 rounds. Or a more proven pass catcher in free agency. I don't trust Wilson's health yet and Dortch is still a #4 imo.

There's still more free agency, team cut downs, and trades left.
We definitely need more depth at WR

I too thought we would have drafted another WR higher up in the order

June 1st cuts are not always players that we could use

Trade? Not sure Monti wants to give up capital (draft picks)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What did I just say?

I said he was a blue chip prospect, right?

Do you need a star WR to win a championship? Do me a favor. Look up how many rings Fitz, Megatron, Julio, Andre Johnson, Moss and TO got. The absolute cream of the crop of the last 20 years at WR and how many rings between them?

Are they nice to have? Sure.

Sorry for having a realistic take. Keep putting in a cape for a team that’s had what 6 winning seasons in like 35 years in Arizona lol. Let me know how it works out
I mean almost every team has had a major receiving threat. Let’s see…
2024 Kelce
2023 kelce
2022 kupp
2021 evans
2020 hill
2019 gronk
2018 NONE
2017 gronk
2016 Thomas
2015 gronk
2014 NONE
2013 NONE (but bokdin and smith put up solid #s)
2012 nicks
2011 Jennings
2010 colston

Blah blah blah

We’re these all top of the draft picks? No. But that’s not important. Having a legit receiving threat is important. And when you don’t have one (and cards didn’t) you use your capital (dollars and draft picks) to get one. And when you have the opportunity to get the best one, you do so.

Who would you have drafted? An olineman? Okay they could’ve done that. But no defensive player was deemed worthy to go in the top 14 picks of this draft. So what other alternative was there reasonably?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So why are you here then? Honest question. I've done 22 years in season tickets here, high highs and low lows.

You just seem miserable. Seems counterintuitive to keep tabs on a team you don't even like.
Dogg, come on, is this serious question? All cards fans have a bit of derangement.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So looking forward to getting a MHJr jersey. However I'm very curious to see what Number he picks.

#18 is currently owned by BJ Ojulari.

His dad's old number #88 is retired. JV Cain back in 1979 wore it and died during practice so they retired it.

#8 is retired as well. It was Larry Wilson's old number.

#81 Maybe?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let him wear #11.

It's an odd concept to me that you retire journeys. Giving numbers of great players to other great players gives the number a legacy.

Like 7 at Man United. Robson, Cantona, Beckham.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So looking forward to getting a MHJr jersey. However I'm very curious to see what Number he picks.

#18 is currently owned by BJ Ojulari.

His dad's old number #88 is retired. JV Cain back in 1979 wore it and died during practice so they retired it.

#8 is retired as well. It was Larry Wilson's old number.

#81 Maybe?
He hasn't signed his NFL licensing deal and it sounds like he doesn't have plans to anytime soon. Could be awhile before they can be ordered.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasn't signed his NFL licensing deal and it sounds like he doesn't have plans to anytime soon. Could be awhile before they can be ordered.
Has he given any reason why on this?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Thing I hope is that like Larry he starts to add Yac to his game (at least based on what we've seen in college)

I've heard several people call him maybe the best college route runner in 20 years. He just has to not leave his feet as much at the point of the catch. Instead turn some of those plays into catch and runs.

That's something Todd Haley use to challenge Larry. Hope we do it here with Marv.
Something to keep in mind, at least for this past season, his QB was not very accurate and he was often having to slow down and jump to catch even fairly short routes. Hard to have good YAC when doing that. While Nabers is a more electric athlete he also had a far superior QB throwing him the ball. Would have been very curious to see the type of number (YAC included) MHJ could have had on the LSU team.