Suns @ Kings 3-23-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns visit the Kings on Saturday for a 7 p.m. Arizona time game.

It will be televised on FSAZ.

The Kings (35-36) who are 9th in the Western Conference have pretty much fallen out of the playoff race as the Clippers have a commanding lead with only 11 games to go.

On Thursday the Kings beat Dallas 116-100 at home.

The Suns (17-56) who are depleted with injuries have lost their last two games including a 118-98 loss to the Pistons on Thursday.

Only nine games remaining for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fredette will be available to play Saturday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Fredette will be available to play Saturday.

Cool, will give us something interesting to look forward to. Hopefully he can at least give us some instant offense off the bench that we have been lacking pretty much all season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No pressure to "dominate the game" Jimmer.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I was thinking about going to the game, but I came down with a cold this week and I'm still fighting it off. Damn.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that feels bad for Troy Daniels? He should have been our Eddie House all year but we signed Jamal Crawford, who has shown a version of himself at PG that he hasn't in the last decade. I'll give Crawford a slight pass since he's a vet who played in the NBA last year and is a much better ball handler than Daniels but nowhere near the shooter Daniels is. Daniels finals gets his backside unglued from the bench and looks decent enough that those who thought he should have seen more time early in the year feel justified making those claims. Then management goes out and signs Jimmer to take the role Daniels seemed to be more than capable of fulfilling.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Problem with Daniels is that he cannot defend or dribble, so it is really hard to fit him into any lineup. Maybe with the defensive unit that includes Melton and Jackson with him as the only guy who can't defend? Theoretically, Jimmer should be kind of point guard, or at least more so than Daniels?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem with Daniels is that he cannot defend or dribble, so it is really hard to fit him into any lineup. Maybe with the defensive unit that includes Melton and Jackson with him as the only guy who can't defend? Theoretically, Jimmer should be kind of point guard, or at least more so than Daniels?

Jimmer can't defend either. From what I've heard about his time in China that only made his defense worse because he was a star there and didn't need to defend. Of course he was playing against lesser talent there so he should have been an average defender at the very least if he tried but effort was an issue.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Jimmer can't defend either. From what I've heard about his time in China that only made his defense worse because he was a star there and didn't need to defend. Of course he was playing against lesser talent there so he should have been an average defender at the very least if he tried but effort was an issue.

Right, but he can dribble and pass.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fredette never played at Golden1Center. He played at Arco Arena.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The latest injury update for the Suns. Warren remains out.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The latest injury update for the Suns. Warren remains out.

Ah, the tank is "automatic", not stick shift.

That being the case, I hope the young guys play their heart out for the last few games of the season and the hell with the final scores.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, the tank is "automatic", not stick shift.

That being the case, I hope the young guys play their heart out for the last few games of the season and the hell with the final scores.

At this point I really wouldn't mind us tanking. But we know that Warren, Tyler and Oubre are legit injured and now Jackson is out? If Josh isn't playing I'd say that's proof that we are NOT tanking.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Am I the only one that feels bad for Troy Daniels? He should have been our Eddie House all year but we signed Jamal Crawford, who has shown a version of himself at PG that he hasn't in the last decade. I'll give Crawford a slight pass since he's a vet who played in the NBA last year and is a much better ball handler than Daniels but nowhere near the shooter Daniels is. Daniels finals gets his backside unglued from the bench and looks decent enough that those who thought he should have seen more time early in the year feel justified making those claims. Then management goes out and signs Jimmer to take the role Daniels seemed to be more than capable of fulfilling.

No. Ive pointed this out before. It baffles me that a coach who wants to shoot 30 pointers a game, can't find a way to get his best 3 point shooter in the game. I just think he has been completely misused in favor of washed up vets all season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I really wouldn't mind us tanking. But we know that Warren, Tyler and Oubre are legit injured and now Jackson is out? If Josh isn't playing I'd say that's proof that we are NOT tanking.

I don't think the Suns are tanking either. Wish BC had taken out his first sentence.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Its pretty bad when you can't tell if your team is tanking or not.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its pretty bad when you can't tell if your team is tanking or not.

I just can't figure why anyone would think we are tanking? I think we should tank and maybe even would tank, if we needed to, but if you've watched this team all season you already know it's not necessary. If you want to lose you don't need to sit someone for a questionable injury, just give Crawford and Jackson 20+ minutes each and mission accomplished.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Fredette plays well because the media has over hyped this signing.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Jackson is legit injured as well. We witnessed it on Thursday.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson is legit injured as well. We witnessed it on Thursday.

Yes he is. They all are. I just meant that if we wanted to tank, we certainly would not invent an injury for Jackson or Crawford as each player has been a huge negative for us on most nights.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the starting lineups.

Duane Rankin‏ @DuaneRankin 5m5 minutes ago

Starters: #Suns Mikal Bridges Dragan Bender Deandre Ayton De'Anthony Melton Devin Booker

OUT: Josh Jackson (ankle), Tyler Johnson (knee), TJ Warren (ankle) Kelly Oubre Jr. (thumb)

#SacramentoProud Harrison Barnes Nemanja Bjelica Willie Cauley-Stein Buddy Hield De'Aaron Fox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA