Suns @ Grizzlies Saturday 11-2-19 game thread

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Smooth? He was 2 for 7 tonight, and if you take away the game at Golden State (where everyone shot well), he is about 25% from the field.
You cant say ....if you take away...to prove an unproven point. obviously you dont watch alot of Carolina games and relying on some lame scouting report. Cam is just like Danny Green and you will eat your words about him...unless you say take away 43 games and Cam is only shooting 25% lol...cmon man

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tonight's game was a solid effort. They did not get rattled, and turned up the defense to start the third - that's what won the game.

Happy Mikal played better tonight too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where did you see that ranking I've never seen him going higher than 8 in the early mock drafts and there are several pgs ranked above him, Cole Anthony , Anthony Edwards (who people have as both sg and pg) and Hampton going top four in everything I've seen, mannion is like #5 prospect from what I've read

Okay. Did some research. Maledon profiles way too much like Frank Ntilikina for my taste. And Edwards profiles too much like Austin Rivers for my taste. For obvious reasons, I want no part of LaMelo Ball. That leaves Hampton and the higher-rated Mannion...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges will get going. He finished with 10 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 4 steals.
Other than the steals, he should really be averaging that line, or close to it, being a top ten pick, an upperclassman, and in his second year. At least that’s my opinion.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Okay. Did some research. Maledon profiles way too much like Frank Ntilikina for my taste. And Edwards profiles too much like Austin Rivers for my taste. For obvious reasons, I want no part of LaMelo Ball. That leaves Hampton and the higher-rated Mannion...
I'm not in favor of ball either but you forgot Cole Anthony who is a favorite to go #1, the maledon view is fair he's a question mark but he has a better shot then Frank and Tony Parker is his mentor which doesn't hurt, I don't agree with the rivers comparison Edwards is a bigger guard who is excellent at driving in (his comp is oladipo) I'll wait to watch him and there are several others who are expected to be good this year , just have to wait and see

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than the steals, he should really be averaging that line, or close to it, being a top ten pick, an upperclassman, and in his second year. At least that’s my opinion.

This sounds about right. Bridges is a system player and hopefully he emerges as Monty settles on his rotation. Oubre, Bridges and Cam Johnson is solid depth at the small forward position.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't complain about some quality road wins last season but the Suns are well on their way this season.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

The #Suns won seven road games all of last season (and, oddly enough, three of them were at Milwaukee, Boston and Golden State). They’ve already won two of their first three road games this season.

8:08 PM - 2 Nov 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to really like Baynes as a mentor not to mention a player.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Note: Kellan Olson Retweeted it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre with a rocky first half shows what he is made of. Only 1 turnover.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Best thing about a player like Oubre is that his energy and playing style doesn't go anywhere even if he's not playing well. He's perfect for a squad like this that flows through team play.

We all saw how he played in the first half and he ends at 15-4-3 on 7-for-14 and +15.

8:28 PM - 2 Nov 2019

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk he just doesn’t do it for me. He watches the game a lot when he doesn’t have the ball. Other players can have impact when they aren’t dominating the ball. He just doesn’t do it for me despite his numbers. I get it, I get the numbers he puts up but there’s just something else missing. And we didn’t need another young guy leading this team, is what I meant earlier but being glad not drafting him. I’m happy with the guys we ended up with.

I'm happy with this team too but I suspect in a few years a lot of us will regret not making a move for Ja. Not that we necessarily had a chance to get him. But I get the desire to compete now and Rubio probably helps us more in the short run. I say "probably" but I'm not positive that will hold true all season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm happy with this team too but I suspect in a few years a lot of us will regret not making a move for Ja. Not that we necessarily had a chance to get him. But I get the desire to compete now and Rubio probably helps us more in the short run. I say "probably" but I'm not positive that will hold true all season.
I don’t think we had a play to make to get Ja. But this draft we should have a shot at a pg.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Highly doubt there was any realistic move available to get him. Memphis seemed to be completely sold on Morant as soon as they got that 2nd pick. It would have likely taken Booker or Ayton to move up IMO.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You cant say ....if you take away...to prove an unproven point. obviously you dont watch alot of Carolina games and relying on some lame scouting report. Cam is just like Danny Green and you will eat your words about him...unless you say take away 43 games and Cam is only shooting 25% lol...cmon man

I think you're off on the Danny Green comparison. He's not as quick or as good of a defender. Green is more of a SG than a SF also. I can see the similarities on offense but Green's defense was big for Toronto throughout the postseason and especially in the finals. Cam won't ever be the defender he is and that's ok.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you're off on the Danny Green comparison. He's not as quick or as good of a defender. Green is more of a SG than a SF also. I can see the similarities on offense but Green's defense was big for Toronto throughout the postseason and especially in the finals. Cam won't ever be the defender he is and that's ok.
Thats the beauty we will see

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats the beauty we will see

I'll go on record in saying that if Cam Johnson is ever the 2nd best defender on a title team then I'll buy you season tickets. Danny Green was that for the Raptors behind Kawhi last year. If that does happen then I hope Cam is still a Sun.

I see him more as a Channing Frye clone that got shrunk a little in the cloning machine. He is a better shooter, which is big plus but I envision them having similar careers as role playing forwards. Cam won't ever be a C like Frye tried to be or was labeled as. I think one advantage he has to Frye is he isn't a 7 footer so no one is expecting him to rebound or play inside, which is something his frame couldn't handle much of.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam is not ever going to be an elite defender. He is just not a good enough athlete.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's hard to imagine a realistic trade to get Morant. If Zion was not in the 2019 draft Morant could have well been the #1 pick. I'm guessing Morant was second on your radar because I think you liked him as well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
he didn’t over pay him. I think Rubio is the 19th highest paid PG in the NBA it’s actually a very good contract
At the time, it was considered a significant contract based on what he’s done in the league so far, but he’s more than made up for it

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine a realistic trade to get Morant. If Zion was not in the 2019 draft Morant could have well been the #1 pick. I'm guessing Morant was second on your radar because I think you liked him as well.

Yeah it probably wasn't feasible but I would have offered any player other than Booker or Ayton plus 2 or 3 picks. With as bad as we have been, those picks would have been very enticing for a rebuilding team. Probably still wouldn't have worked but I think we should have tried. He was the only PG I was confident about in that class.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he is atleast something similar because right now I'm pretty mad that my pick last summer for sleeper player in the draft PJ Washington is looking pretty damn good

I didn't pick him as a sleeper or anything but when they announced the trade I was ecstatic thinking we were taking PJ or Clarke.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Next two games against the top two EC teams. Good test.