Suns @ Grizzlies Saturday 11-2-19 game thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saturday the Suns play the Grizzlies in Memphis for a game scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. Arizona time.

It will be televised on FSAZ.

The Grizzlies (1-3) are coming off a 120-91 loss at the Lakers on Tuesday while the Suns (3-2) beat the Warriors on Wednesday 121-110 at Golden State.

Deandre Ayton (suspension) and Ty Jerome (ankle) are expected to miss this game for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a brief video of the Suns practicing in Memphis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Suns!:suns:

I hate it when the Suns and Coyotes play on the same day and around the same time.:(

I was double checking the schedule to make sure I didn't have three games today.

My family only sees me for meals when I retreat to my media room. :p

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always wondered if the Grizzlies preferred De'Anthony Melton over than Jevon Carter in the Josh Jackson trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing new to report for the Suns in regard to players being out due to injury.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Nothing to note from the Suns’ injury report for tonight. Ty Jerome is still out.

11:23 AM - 2 Nov 2019

Has any sort of timetable been stated for Jerome's return? I don't think so but I could have missed it.

Another thing, Kellan Olson has stepped up his Suns coverage quite a bit. He's been a better follow than Duane Rankin so far, which is disappointing in a way but also a good thing. I miss the Bordow coverage of the Triano season but Olson is definitely helping fill the hole that was present last year with just Ranking and Gina Mizell. Gina's been good but early in the season she was hyping the Athletic too much. I'm a little surprised they're still going strong considering their subscriber only model.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has any sort of timetable been stated for Jerome's return? I don't think so but I could have missed it.

Another thing, Kellan Olson has stepped up his Suns coverage quite a bit. He's been a better follow than Duane Rankin so far, which is disappointing in a way but also a good thing. I miss the Bordow coverage of the Triano season but Olson is definitely helping fill the hole that was present last year with just Ranking and Gina Mizell. Gina's been good but early in the season she was hyping the Athletic too much. I'm a little surprised they're still going strong considering their subscriber only model.

I'm just guessing but I thought Ty Jerome was said to be out a few weeks. It was posted somewhere. Something like 2-4 weeks sounds right.

My preference for Suns coverage is Olson, Rankin and Mizell in that order. I don't see much from Gambo about the Suns for some reason.

Really miss Scott Bordow. If he covered the Suns again I would be all over it. He did a great job.

I will say this. Duane Rankin has really stepped up his Suns coverage....

I would be happier without all the video stuff and the pinned tweet of Dr. J. though. :wink2:

Too many pinned tweets everywhere on twitter for my liking.

I don't think I am going to subscribe to The Athletic again (received about 50% off). I'm a detail and information type person and less of the story stuff. Might try ESPN Insider next time. We shall see. With twitter, I get all the sports news I want for free.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just guessing but I thought Ty Jerome was said to be out a few weeks. It was posted somewhere. Something like 2-4 weeks sounds right.

My preference for Suns coverage is Olson, Rankin and Mizell in that order. I don't see much from Gambo about the Suns for some reason.

Really miss Scott Bordow. If he covered the Suns again I would be all over it. He did a great job.

I will say this. Duane Rankin has really stepped up his Suns coverage....

I would be happier without all the video stuff and the pinned tweet of Dr. J. though. :wink2:

Too many pinned tweets everywhere on twitter for my liking.

I don't think I am going to subscribe to The Athletic again (received about 50% off). I'm a detail and information type person and less of the story stuff. Might try ESPN Insider next time. We shall see. With twitter, I get all the sports news I want for free.

A good follow is Mike Vigil, who is one of the hosts of The Timeline. I don't always agree with him but he posts a ton of quality Suns stuff. The videos The Timeline puts together are top notch as well so when they post one, I know it's worth watching. Here's a link for him.

https://twitter.com/protectedpick

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good follow is Mike Vigil, who is one of the hosts of The Timeline. I don't always agree with him but he posts a ton of quality Suns stuff. The videos The Timeline puts together are top notch as well so when they post one, I know it's worth watching. Here's a link for him.

https://twitter.com/protectedpick

Thanks. I've bookmarked it for future reference. I will check them out on twitter.

Sometimes podcasts and video, if they are too long, I tend to tune out especially if it's too opinionated. I guess that's something I need to work on.

One of the podcasts (I'm not sure who or which want) had this lady sports person on that was real negative. It was a downer for me and I didn't like that. Enjoy media that brings information and insight to the table I didn't know. When it comes to opinion, I respect the opinions on this forum probably more than anyone else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon Clarke is available tonight.

I'm sure @Chris_Sanders would be excited to see him play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more on Brandon Clarke.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker hits a short jumper to start the game.

Suns lead 2-0.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baynes and Valanciunas is a lot of beef inside.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not the same Suns team that showed up to play the Warriors. They are flat... not much defense.

Hopefully they click it in gear. Saric is tentative and out of position on one play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon Clarke enters the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members