Cowboys at Cardinals gameday thread 9-24-23

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If Fro can be one of the 16 best C's in football, he probably gets an extension and it would be so good for the Cardinals franchise.
dont you know it

good franchises make bad seasons productive by finding a few guys from other teams who when given the chance to play, show they can become contributors on a playoff-level team

Froholdt is one
Kavon Wallace looks like another

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because of the last two weeks I refused to let myself think they were going to win this game until that pick. What a great win. Couldn't have happened against a better opponent.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
a negative:

yesterday the tackling wasnt good. How many times did we see a Cardinal defender one v one with the offensive player only to miss a tackle badly and it turned a loss into a good gainer for the Cowboys?
That's why guys like Luketa are drafted where they are....1st round heart and effort, but 7th round talent. Great dude to have on the team, but he will probably always struggle in open field one on one matchups with RBs and WRs...he has to be in position with help or dictating the contact.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to see it, but his injury history makes it unlikely.

Plus there's 1000 more things to playing RB than being fast and weighing the same as Devon Achane.

Zaven weighs the same as Kittle but we ain't clamouring for him to play TE.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
One for @Chopper0080

Tell you what I like about Rondales TD run that you can see here in this video. It would have been very easy for Rondale to hesitate at the line. He's running behind a lot of big bodies into a blind alley. There could have been a 250lb linebacker there waiting to crush him. But he keeps nice and tight and stays at full speed.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Lol...
I was pimping Rondale as a RB on draft day.
Glad the rest of the football world is catching up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He is on a 2 year deal though so we aren't losing him soon.
Two years goes quick. I am big on continuity, especially on the o-line. If they think he is top 16, tag on three years to his current deal. I wouldn't let him get to the end of his contract year. (Probably have a better idea in Dec if that is the direction they want to go).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ledbetter has been surprisingly solid.

He was a part time roll player for us last year, expected nothing from him. Was concerned to see him start game 1 but he's been good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Liked him last year and couldn’t understand why he didn’t get more play.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would love to see it, but his injury history makes it unlikely.
Moore's injury history is groin, hamstring and ankle. A very standard injury history for runningbacks. Connor's injuries (especially on the Steelers) have been worse and more frequent. Moore is great at taking a hit and breaking tackles, just because he misses games doesn't mean he's actually made of glass.

Moore's real talent is making insane cuts, he should definitely get more snaps from the backfield.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Anyone who has ever stood at the 50 yard line of a football field knows his absurd at 3 step 60-yard FG is any setting let alone an actual NFL game.
Yeah, and the laces showing makes it even better.

Attachments

• IMG_1647 (1).jpg
    IMG_1647 (1).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the more surprising outcomes to a Cards game in my life.

I have two takeaways from this one...

1st, our coaching staff looks pretty darn good. They're putting players in a spot to succeed and they're playing intelligent situational football (something which we completely lacked these last 4 years).

2nd, Dak Prescott simply isn't anything more than middling starter. When faced with tough situations he rarely succeeds. A true "between the 20s" QB. He can move when he feels he has space but when pinned deep or inside the red zone he is really bad. That pick to seal the game is among the worst I've ever seen, a truly baffling throw.

Also, I still think the plan was, and is, to tank. The players won't tank, the coaches won't tank, but this team was designed to fail. In the long run, I still think the "design" will succeed. Despite this shocker, I still don't think this team wins more than 4 games.

Kyler coming back early could throw a wrench in the works, but I think they're going to hold him out until at least week 8.