Cowboys at Cardinals gameday thread 9-24-23

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Moore's injury history is groin, hamstring and ankle. A very standard injury history for runningbacks. Connor's injuries (especially on the Steelers) have been worse and more frequent. Moore is great at taking a hit and breaking tackles, just because he misses games doesn't mean he's actually made of glass.

Moore's real talent is making insane cuts, he should definitely get more snaps from the backfield.

Running backs have bad injury histories because of their work load, those dudes get 20+ touches per game, the good ones get over 300 in a season. Moore has about 120 in his entire career.

I think it's fair to say his injury history is a serious concern and it is unlikely he could hold up as a running back.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Running backs have bad injury histories because of their work load, those dudes get 20+ touches per game, the good ones get over 300 in a season. Moore has about 120 in his entire career.

I think it's fair to say his injury history is a serious concern and it is unlikely he could hold up as a running back.
Ahhgg it was a great trick play, he is not a running back, no matter how many times Kingsbury tried to make him one. Moore has got the Carries az a cardinal, too many in my opinion, this worked because it was set up by a solid Running Back, and balanced offense. First time defense didn’t own our playbook in a while.

soma rare WR carry is effective, don’t make a game plan around it, get Moore a pass in space, he is a WR. don’t take a lot of rushes away from rbs, like KK did. Yes we need another effective RB. But if Ingram can’t cut it don’t rely on a wr, to fulfill his role. Get another damn running back.

14 rushes is not enough for Conner, yea yea save him for the marathon NFL season -blah blah, that’s why I was against a 17 game season. Best for star player performance seasonal was 12 game seasons. Not Sure JI’m Brown, Leroy Kelly, Larry csonka , kick, mercury morris. Walker, could have sustained their excellence over 16-17 games. That’s why RB’s are not valued.

a real featured RB, plays chess with the defense, sometimes takes quarters of consistency, same base plays to set up the big run play, that breaks from the defenses routine.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhgg it was a great trick play, he is not a running back, no matter how many times Kingsbury tried to make him one. Moore has got the Carries az a cardinal, too many in my opinion, this worked because it was set up by a solid Running Back, and balanced offense. First time defense didn’t own our playbook in a while.

soma rare WR carry is effective, don’t make a game plan around it, get Moore a pass in space, he is a WR. don’t take a lot of rushes away from rbs, like KK did. Yes we need another effective RB. But if Ingram can’t cut it don’t rely on a wr, to fulfill his role. Get another damn running back.

14 rushes is not enough for Conner, yea yea save him for the marathon NFL season -blah blah, that’s why I was against a 17 game season. Best for star player performance seasonal was 12 game seasons. Not Sure JI’m Brown, Leroy Kelly, Larry csonka , kick, mercury morris. Walker, could have sustained their excellence over 16-17 games. That’s why RB’s are not valued.

a real featured RB, plays chess with the defense, sometimes takes quarters of consistency, same base plays to set up the big run play, that breaks from the defenses routine.
I believe a team needs two very good Rb’s and 1 good rb.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love when opposing fans point out perceived penalties but gloss over their own. That long Lamb pass was obvious pass interference.

On Dowdles TD there is a block in the back on Kyzir too. It's tacky, and he may well have been out of the play already but it was no worse than the one given against Marquise last week.