OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
True. But it is preseason of a brand new chemistry, not just a returning squad to build upon.

It will take time.

After the past decade, it feels so good to have hope!

I will give them two more preseason games. :p

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was upset about losing Melton, but it really seems like Carter is superior.

I agree. Carter is playing better than expected. Again he could be a steal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Saric with a nice corner 3 pointer.

Kings lead 88-78.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeez Saric is going to my whipping boy if he keeps playing like this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lecque is in the game for two free throws.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was just a terrible game overall for the suns.

They shoot like they did tonight and they won't beat anyone.

Only Bridges and Carter had good games

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Yeah this was just ugly. Thankfully its preseason so plenty of time to iron things out.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

I have a hunch that the starters will play more once the real games start.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Final:

Kings 105 - Suns 88

Lecque with a hammer dunk.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
From what admittedly little I saw tonight they look terrible. I think we are going to be a god awful defensive team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
From what admittedly little I saw tonight they look terrible. I think we are going to be a god awful defensive team.

The Suns looked awful but it was only their second preseason game. Kings have played three games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This tells the story.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I will give them two more preseason games. :p
Funny!

Yeah, they just have a decade to overcome.

My goodness. I've gone from ten years as a critic
of the Sarver regime to two games as an apologist.

But I do hope they can find the balance between
offense and defense.

Defense has never been a trademark of the Suns
except for a few players here and there over the
past fifty years.

I guess the realistic goal is to go back to the Suns
mantra -- put on a good show at home, don't
embarrass yourself on the road and make an
appearance in the playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They were working 2 key rotation players back into things tonight, plus Baynes and didn't have Tyler Johnson either. That changed their wing rotation entirely as well as their big man rotation. Bridges and Oubre need to work their way into playing shape as well as develop some chemistry with everyone else.

It wasn't a pretty game but it's still preseason. These games mean nothing and if they did then we'd see Booker, Ayton, and Rubio for more than 20 or so minutes a piece. No need to get worried because they played poorly.

I actually believe a loss tonight is probably better for them than a win because they didn't need to start thinking they're better than they are and if they beat Sacramento after beating the T-Wolves that might have given them some false confidence. The score was closer in the Wolves game than it really was. The Suns controlled the tempo of that game and were able to pull away whenever they really pushed themselves. Tonight, they had to work much harder and shots weren't falling.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Suns shot only 18.2% from 3 point range (6-33) and were out rebounded by 16 not to mention 21 turnovers.

There is a lot of room for improvement but it is only their second preseason game.

The Suns need to improve their defense, especially prevent the easy baskets inside. The offense will take care of itself.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre gambles way too much on defense, he is trying so hard to play passing lanes that he leaves his own man alone constantly. He also needs to play off the ball more on offense, he gets the ball in his hands and he tries to be a hero, terrible shot selection tonight. Booker had a lot of that going too... but at least Booker can make tough shots, Oubre should never be taking pull up jumpers with a defender in his face.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I guess the realistic goal is to go back to the Suns
mantra -- put on a good show at home, don't
embarrass yourself on the road and make an
appearance in the playoffs.

I prefer Cotton's formula. Win at home and play .500 on the road. This should be the goal.

iVAN

Reaction score
Oubre gambles way too much on defense, he is trying so hard to play passing lanes that he leaves his own man alone constantly. He also needs to play off the ball more on offense, he gets the ball in his hands and he tries to be a hero, terrible shot selection tonight. Booker had a lot of that going too... but at least Booker can make tough shots, Oubre should never be taking pull up jumpers with a defender in his face.

Yeah, Oubre is a low IQ player and shouldn't be handling the ball. We brought in a PG but he only initiates the offense at most half the time. The rest is handled by Book and now Oubre joins him. Yuck. Cluster#uck.

Also Saric and Ayton isn't going to work. It doesn't work on paper and so far doesn't on the court. Saric is too inconsistent to be a starter, plus he adds to the list of players that need the ball to be effective.

Suns should really look into adding Ibaka. He looks almost perfect fit next to Ayton on paper. He's also not a starter in Toronto and he's expiring contract so I can't imagine him being off limits. Jones needs to check the asking price.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Suns should really look into adding Ibaka. He looks almost perfect fit next to Ayton on paper. He's also not a starter in Toronto and he's expiring contract so I can't imagine him being off limits. Jones needs to check the asking price.

Despite some obvious shortcomings with this team, I think adding a veteran such as Ibaka is the wrong way to go. He's an old 30 (and that's if you believe his listed age in the first place) but he still has value around the league so he won't be cheap. We just aren't close enough to contending to warrant spending big money on a declining star IMO.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we went after Ibaka then it should be around the deadline when we know where this team stands. Doing so now would be a McD type of move. If we're looking like a playoff team then that would make sense.

We've played 2 games in the preseason so far and our starters are playing 25 or fewer minutes a game, it's way too soon to say something is or isn't working.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn