Preseason: Suns @ Trail Blazers Thursday game thread, 10-12-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help but like how Nurkic interviews.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work all around tonight.

But man… ever since the playoffs, KD seems to be missing a ton of mid-range jumpers that used to be money for him. It’s a little unsettling.

Hopefully this is just rust though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nice work all around tonight.

But man… ever since the playoffs, KD seems to be missing a ton of mid-range jumpers that used to be money for him. It’s a little unsettling.

Hopefully this is just rust though.
I also imagine he’s only in 1st gear in the preseason.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Azubuike had 5 points (2-2) and 9 rebounds. He is growing on me. He was a good college player.

Those were garbage minutes for Azudookie. He has some vert from a standing two foot dunk but other than that he about where Ayton is on the IQ and skill level, actually lesser. Way less mobile and not as tall as I thought he would be. I think we should move on from him for another center prospect.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Those were garbage minutes for Azudookie. He has some vert from a standing two foot dunk but other than that he about where Ayton is on the IQ and skill level, actually lesser. Way less mobile and not as tall as I thought he would be. I think we should move on from him for another center prospect.
Or bring back Bismack!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also imagine he’s only in 1st gear in the preseason.
Yeah… was just something that really confused me in the playoffs after watching him all these years.

Like I and you said, hopefully this is just rust and conditioning, and not 35 starting to show its age. Nothing to panic over.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i thought i noticed Dbook saying some stuff to DA in the 2nd quarter or am i wrong? Did suns and DA even dap it up at all?

i wouldnt blame him for being pissed at the front office for being in rumor mill for 3 years but there may be more too it from the players…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Azubuike had done this to Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn’t know what Ayton is at this point.either hasn’t really been paying attention or has Wildcat Colored lenses.

His act would have driven us CRAZY this year.
Well, it is pre-season. I expect it might end up being that way with him regardless. But it's probably worth at least waiting until the real games start before definitively saying he's going to be a bum in Portland, too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it is pre-season. I expect it might end up being that way with him regardless. But it's probably worth at least waiting until the real games start before definitively saying he's going to be a bum in Portland, too.

I saw the exact same thing tonight that I did a thousand times on the Suns. He’ll have his moments there, just like he had his moments here, but that dude just doesn’t have a dog in him that’s consistently going to hunt.

Which does NOT make him a bum. It just makes him a frustrating, inconsistent talent… who I’m glad will be frustrating another team’s fans to the tune of 30 million bucks per year, while likely making next to no impact on wins and losses.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have a boatload of some very good players, like Yuta Watanabe, Jordan Goodwin, Grayson Allen, Josh Okogie, Devin Eubanks and Eric Gordon.

I'm already starting to worry about losing them after this upcoming season.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I’m happy for Ayton. He says he’s happy now and he gets paid his max contract with no pressure on him. Best part is we don’t have to deal with his uneven play and wasted potential any more.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scoot was unimpressive. I thought he’d take it to us and straight wow me. It’s Chet or Wemb taking rookie of the year.

Scoot is a man though. He’ll be a solid player with more reps.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Suns have a boatload of some very good players, like Yuta Watanabe, Jordan Goodwin, Grayson Allen, Josh Okogie, Devin Eubanks and Eric Gordon.

I'm already starting to worry about losing them after this upcoming season.

There will be an odd man out or two that could easily make another playoff team’s rotation. Vogel and Young will earn their money figuring this rotation out.

I keep forgetting Miles Simon is an assistant. He hasn’t aged much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have been nice for Ayton to show some love for Phoenix after playing here five seasons.

I'm waiting to hear his postgame comments tonight.