Preseason: Suns @ Trail Blazers Thursday game thread, 10-12-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns get a first-hand look at the Deandre Ayton trade in their third preseason game when they play at Portland.

On Tuesday, the Suns lost at home to the Nuggets.

When: Thursday, October 12, 2023

Television: AZ Family 3TV / AZ Family Sports

Network 44, Suns Live,

NBA TV

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 PM Arizona time

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm thinking we might not see Nurk vs Ayton - Nurk may have cemented his spot with the performance against Jokic - I mean what more do you really need to see - Nurk and the the trio may be finito in the preseason

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking we might not see Nurk vs Ayton - Nurk may have cemented his spot with the performance against Jokic - I mean what more do you really need to see - Nurk and the the trio may be finito in the preseason
I forget where I saw or heard this but supposedly the big 3 will play in 2 of the final 3 preseason games (Nurkic wasn't mentioned). If it wasn't posted here it had to have been during the second game on NBATV or TNT .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Goodwin is hopeful of returning against Portland tomorrow.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns big three will also play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton doesn't want to talk about his five season with the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Williams III will make his debut for Portland.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kept wondering if, by holding Booker/Durant/Beal out, the Suns were sending a message to the Nougats. Such as "No, it's not a revenge game, because we don't care about you." You know--the championship-era Spurs did it to the Nash Suns all the time.

This went through my mind as well. Also, why show them anything during preseason.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kept wondering if, by holding Booker/Durant/Beal out, the Suns were sending a message to the Nougats. Such as "No, it's not a revenge game, because we don't care about you." You know--the championship-era Spurs did it to the Nash Suns all the time.

I think it's the preseason.

If a team is trying to send a message in the preseason then they're... well... dumb.

I expect they big 3 will probably only play in 2 or 3 total preseason games and even in those games they won't play more than a handful of minutes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah… you don’t get to do that as the team who lost by 40 points to the Nuggets on their own home floor… to end the season.

If the Suns don’t care about the Nuggets, they’re freaking idiots, sniffing their own farts. This team has accomplished NOTHING and shouldn’t be over confident or overlooking anyone until they do.

Also, preseason means nothing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's the preseason.

If a team is trying to send a message in the preseason then they're... well... dumb.

I expect they big 3 will probably only play in 2 or 3 total preseason games and even in those games they won't play more than a handful of minutes.
This.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An injury update. Jordan Goodwin is probable, while Drew Eubanks is questionable.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton doesn't want to talk about his five season with the Suns.

I almost want to give him credit for focusing on the game rather than talking about it but at the same time it's a bit childish to respond like he did. He seemed flustered. The words aren't the issue, it's his tone and demeanor.

Like @Mainstreet said, he needs to be focused on Robert Williams III behind him in the depth chart also. His lackadaisical attitude isn't going to help him keep the starting job. He better hope a contender makes an offer the Blazers can't refuse for RB3 because if he's not then I could see Ayton coming off the bench before the season is up. I suspect we'll see them try out a dual C lineup as well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I almost want to give him credit for focusing on the game rather than talking about it but at the same time it's a bit childish to respond like he did. He seemed flustered. The words aren't the issue, it's his tone and demeanor.

Like @Mainstreet said, he needs to be focused on Robert Williams III behind him in the depth chart also. His lackadaisical attitude isn't going to help him keep the starting job. He better hope a contender makes an offer the Blazers can't refuse for RB3 because if he's not then I could see Ayton coming off the bench before the season is up. I suspect we'll see them try out a dual C lineup as well.

I agree with this...

For all his faults, he isn't a jerk. He is also often honest to a fault ("I just hope I get a 2nd contract"). I suspect that at this stage his feelings towards the Suns are not good ones and he doesn't want to say something that makes him sound like a jerk, he wants to move on.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, how hard is it to just say something like "I had some good times there, but now my focus is on my current team" or something like that...
Yeah, that was just freakin weird, he acted like he was traumatized here and was attempting to block out the memory.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't mean I think this Suns team is great, I mean I think possibly it does. It's probably very confident and possibly overconfident. I actually am skeptical of how good it is, mainly because Bradley Beal plays no defense.
Beal plays no defense? Then how did his assignment shoot 2.3% below their season average when guarded by him last year?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Biggest most beneficial move we made in the off-season was getting rid of DeAndre Ayton - I still can't believe Portland took that highly disfunctional dorkass - infact I put this accomplishment above trading CP3 for Beal - but regardless - couple both of those moves together and and we're talking... wait a minute... I forgot about getting KD...

Bringing KD to Phx
Trading CP3 for Beal
Finding a sucker to take Ayton

THAT'S 3 MIRACLES!!!

SAINT ISHBIA FTW

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Biggest most beneficial move we made in the off-season was getting rid of DeAndre Ayton - I still can't believe Portland took that highly disfunctional dorkass - infact I put this accomplishment above trading CP3 for Beal - but regardless - couple both of those moves together and and we're talking... wait a minute... I forgot about getting KD...

Bringing KD to Phx
Trading CP3 for Beal
Finding a sucker to take Ayton

THAT'S 3 MIRACLES!!!

SAINT ISHBIA FTW
+ bringing games back to local television