Preseason: Suns @ Lakers Thursday game thread, 10-19-2023

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I see a dude with no pg skills and a lousy jump shot who frequently goes out of control especially against good opposition.

I am 10 times more impressed with Goodwin.
Goodwin’s not a 2-way player. This isn’t a saban vs Goodwin discussion. You know that right?

I think Mainstreet has a strange obsession with end of the bench players, but in this case we could do A LOT worse at that 16th man spot.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think the Suns have the best top-10 players, Boston has the best top-5 and Milwaukee has the best top-3. Denver has the best top-1. Do with this information as you see fit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love pairing Goodwin and okogie on the floor at the same time. They create chaos for the other teams offense.

Little showing some chops tonight, both offensively and defending Lebron. He didn’t get bullied.

Yuta’s game was smooooth.

Eubanks can play. But he’s undersized. If this team had a bouncy rim running rim protector I think it would be a nightmare to play against them.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Oh man I want to throw something at my TV every time they show those Sweet Lames lawyer commercials
anyone want to know why your insurance premiums are high.... trash scammers like this. Everyone should take a look at a commercial loss run report, especially work comp and read the correspondence once a lawyer gets involved

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
anyone want to know why your insurance premiums are high.... trash scammers like this. Everyone should take a look at a commercial loss run report, especially work comp and read the correspondence once a lawyer gets involved
On the other hand, if the insurance companies paid out like they are supposed too they wouldn't need to be constantly sued. Most have staff lawyers whose sole job is to avoid paying claims.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On the other hand, if the insurance companies paid out like they are supposed too they wouldn't need to be constantly sued. Most have staff lawyers whose sole job is to avoid paying claims.
Yup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its crazy how deep our team is both those guys are gritty defenders and can shoot, fun to watch.

The Suns are at least 12 deep. IMO, the key will be using that depth to wear down opponents.

They can shoot, defend and have active hands. In short, they are relentless.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just looking at the Celtics roster, and they are really pretty undersized.

Horford, and Kornet is basically all they have for big men, unless you count Porzingis.

Maybe I am overestimating our need for more bigs, seems most teams are just out to 3 point shoot you into submission.

Millwaukee with Portis, Giannis and Lopez worry me though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at the Celtics roster, and they are really pretty undersized.

Horford, and Kornet is basically all they have for big men, unless you count Porzingis.

Why wouldn’t you count a guy who’s 7’3 and grabs 8.4 rebounds per game while blocking 1.5 shots, not even mentioning his scoring ability. Those numbers alone make Porzingis better than Nurkic, who I assume you count as one of our bigs. And you can’t discount him for injuries if you’re counting a similarly injury prone Nurkic for us.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t you count a guy who’s 7’3 and grabs 8.4 rebounds per game while blocking 1.5 shots, not even mentioning his scoring ability. Those numbers alone make Porzingis better than Nurkic, who I assume you count as one of our bigs. And you can’t discount him for injuries if you’re counting a similarly injury prone Nurkic for us.
My guess would be that he thinks of Zinger more as a wing player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess would be that he thinks of Zinger more as a wing player.
Doesn’t change the fact that he still is going to give a small team like us problems on the boards and doesn’t take into account that he was one of the league best interior defenders last year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he's not banging with anyone.

I don't call him a big because he spends the vast majority of his time on the perimeter. To me that is almost like calling KD a big. I just don't see tall skinny guys as bigs. I guess it's more about strength and weight to me. Perhaps I am too old school.

Yes, clearly he is better than Nurkic, but Nurkic is an actual big albeit not a super effective one.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn’t change the fact that he still is going to give a small team like us problems on the boards and doesn’t take into account that he was one of the league best interior defenders last year.
I'm not worried so much about rebounding from twigs. Smaller guys can box them out with enough effort and strength. The big's that scare me are the ones that can score at will on you and get you in foul trouble. They can control the game that way.

Guys that shoot 3's can get hot and take over a game, but they will also have cold spells that allow you to beat them.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eubanks was another bright spot last night: 16 minutes, shot 3-4 for 7 points, 9 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, +25

and this dunk...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This year's version of Jock Landale, a likeable dude, should become a fan favorite

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he's not banging with anyone.

I don't call him a big because he spends the vast majority of his time on the perimeter. To me that is almost like calling KD a big. I just don't see tall skinny guys as bigs. I guess it's more about strength and weight to me. Perhaps I am too old school.

Yes, clearly he is better than Nurkic, but Nurkic is an actual big albeit not a super effective one.

You’re selling him way short. He is a really good player around the rim on both ends.

Only thing holding him back has been health.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to you guys debate the merits of the Suns' players this year is like listening to judges at the Miss Universe Contest: "Well Miss Argentina is a little on the short side... But Ms. Australia's hair looked a bit wind blown..."

If we get on a pace to 60 wins, maybe no one will care, lol

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
95 said something I concur with:

Damn right 95! Beale and KD are walking, living tissue paper, as fragile as Popovic's cripples.

Every man on the bench was the best player on his team from JV on and can play, especially vs a tiring front line of the opposition.

Team basketball is a must for a good 2nd unit, so get 'em out there as much as possible. Don't sub them in one at a time. Go 3 or 4 all season!