Nuggets @ Suns Saturday game thread 1-23-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the obsession you have with Ayton is kind of 1Sun ish. I honestly don’t care what happens it’s Aytons fault
Naw I just think it’s silly that he gets a total pass from most posters. Apparently you didn’t read any of my posts the past three games extolling his virtues.

I have high expectations for Ayton. Not solely because he was the #1 pick in a very talented draft but because of his physical gifts and skills. For some reason many posters want to downplay his athleticism to excuse his play, but truth is his combination of size and athleticism is rare and typically an advantage for him against the majority of opponents. People also also want to make the argument that he’s raw to excuse him, but compared to most athletic centers he’s a better shooter and has some soft hook shots and fadeaways. Does he have handles? No. Not even minimally adequate handles. But his not this unskilled oafish player that some portray to downplay where he should be.

move also been pretty consistent with my praise of his defense most of the season but again you choose to ignore those posts. I admit my praise is likely outweighed by my criticism, but that’s human nature. Count the the number of posts in threads that are “yays” verses complaints. People vent more often than applaud in game day threads.

ultimately if you think I’ve gone 1sun, by all means put me on ignore. I have him on ignore and I’m happier for it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your post was a lot more than that.

In your mind, you may not have written them off yet, but what you write doesn’t support that. Just like I know that Ouchie doesn’t hate Ayton except his posts show the opposite.

so, now you’re telling me what I’m thinking. Lol.

also, you’re wrong. Ouchie does hate Ayton.

I’m at a loss of what is so confusing to understand here. Right now, I think they’re mediocre. Can they change that? I don’t know. I hope so. Hell, I bought the stupid Suns package because they made me believe they were something different a month ago. But that level of play is a distant memory at this point.

but keep telling me what I’m really thinking, while hyperbolizing what I’m writing if it makes you feel better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

In your mind, you may not have written them off yet, but what you write doesn’t support that. Just like I know that Ouchie doesn’t hate Ayton except his posts show the opposite.
(Sometimes I hate Ayton)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
so, now you’re telling me what I’m thinking. Lol.

also, you’re wrong. Ouchie does hate Ayton.

I’m at a loss of what is so confusing to understand here. Right now, I think they’re mediocre. Can they change that? I don’t know. I hope so. Hell, I bought the stupid Suns package because they made me believe they were something different a month ago. But that level of play is a distant memory at this point.

but keep telling me what I’m really thinking, while hyperbolizing what I’m writing if it makes you feel better.
Sigh. Can dish it out but can’t take it.
I’m sorry you’re feeling so down on the team. I’m a little worried myself but not enough to go nuts and write book long posts lamenting why they stink right now.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I offer this evaluation. Have the Suns gone from being a
historically 'pretty' team to a tough team? And are they
constructed to?

No . . . and . . . no! So what else is new? :shrug:

Wow, my post count is four 7's with an ace kicker.

Royalties! Memories of the ol' fraternity days.

I'll never forget my best hand. Seven card stud-
high/low. A straight flush and a 6-4-3-2-ace
perfect low. :cool:

I won 40 bucks that night in nickel-dime poker.
That was a lot of money sixty years ago.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The truth is, I’ve been excited about Ayton the three prior games and the first half of this game. I was disappointed in Ayton’s overall game the second half, but it wasn’t like I was yelling at him. I didn’t hate him the second half. I just lament the fact with us missing two offensive players and a third not scoring that he couldn’t summon up more than 2 points. I would hope any knowledgeable suns fan would be so disappointed in that.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
so, now Monty’s a liar instead of Ayton not doing exactly what you thought we should?

I didn’t say he’s lying per se, but I am clearly saying that could not have been THE PLAN (barring player corroboration) because NOBODY ON THE TEAM OR BENCH was upset they didn’t foul or was indicating the signal got missed by DA during the play or in the aftermath. He probably muttered it in a sea of coach talk and his job is to SCREAM IT to everyone so the message is clear.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Naw I just think it’s silly that he gets a total pass from most posters. Apparently you didn’t read any of my posts the past three games extolling his virtues.

I have high expectations for Ayton. Not solely because he was the #1 pick in a very talented draft but because of his physical gifts and skills. For some reason many posters want to downplay his athleticism to excuse his play, but truth is his combination of size and athleticism is rare and typically an advantage for him against the majority of opponents. People also also want to make the argument that he’s raw to excuse him, but compared to most athletic centers he’s a better shooter and has some soft hook shots and fadeaways. Does he have handles? No. Not even minimally adequate handles. But his not this unskilled oafish player that some portray to downplay where he should be.

move also been pretty consistent with my praise of his defense most of the season but again you choose to ignore those posts. I admit my praise is likely outweighed by my criticism, but that’s human nature. Count the the number of posts in threads that are “yays” verses complaints. People vent more often than applaud in game day threads.

ultimately if you think I’ve gone 1sun, by all means put me on ignore. I have him on ignore and I’m happier for it.

So all that to say you hate him?

I just think it’s funny.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is Brooklyn mediocre? They’re 10-8.
Having lost back-to-back games to Cleveland, yes right now they are. Their record is who they are. Can it change? Sure. But there’s no guarantee. Also it’s different from us. They just remade their roster. So their record isn’t a reflection of their team moving forward. Our team is pretty much our team.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Any double overtime game is razor-close by definition. The Suns struggle in crunch time, but if Murray doesn't hit his miracle, it's a split with Denver and no one is complaining. They need to play better, but it's far from a disaster. Predictions early in this thread were that the Suns would get blown out, so they far surpassed expectations.

Paul shot pretty well in the overtimes, and that's encouraging.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
This team needs to figure out ways to score when the 3pt shot isn't dropping. Aside from Booker, no one else can really create in the half court. CP3 should, but his play so far this season doesn't support it. Ayton is the obvious answer, so they should be force feeding him and getting him those reps. They started the game off doing that but he didn't get the ball much in the 2nd half that I can remember.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m sorry you’re feeling so down on the team. I’m a little worried myself but not enough to go nuts and write book long posts lamenting why they stink right now.
Lol. He wrote that because you asked him to. Sheesh.

this is one of your more entertaining debates with cheese.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have always needed a third point guard behind Payne as Carter is not a true point guard. There were always questions about how well Payne would play in the regular season.

Suns could use another 4 with some size that can play. Crowder is more of a 3 with no inside game. Cam Johnson and Jalen Smith will need time to develop their bodies.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This team needs to figure out ways to score when the 3pt shot isn't dropping. Aside from Booker, no one else can really create in the half court. CP3 should, but his play so far this season doesn't support it. Ayton is the obvious answer, so they should be force feeding him and getting him those reps. They started the game off doing that but he didn't get the ball much in the 2nd half that I can remember.

The answer is Mikal. He dusted Murray 1v1 towards the end of reg or OT (can’t remember), and he needs to be A LOT more aggressive at driving given his traits. Even if he struggles a bit and turns it over some at first.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns have always needed a third point guard behind Payne as Carter is not a true point guard. There were always questions about how well Payne would play in the regular season.

Suns could use another 4 with some size that can play. Crowder is more of a 3 with no inside game.

Yeah, Payne falling off a cliff has really hurt us. If he was playing even close to the 5-1 start we would be a couple games better.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I only caught the middle of the 4th and OT. I didn’t see one play ran for Ayton down low.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So all that to say you hate him?

I just think it’s funny.
I don’t hate him. He’s a big kid playing a man’s game. He’s tough to actually “hate.” I just want him to want to fulfill his potential. I hate what I see as missed opportunity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Any double overtime game is razor-close by definition. The Suns struggle in crunch time, but if Murray doesn't hit his miracle, it's a split with Denver and no one is complaining. They need to play better, but it's far from a disaster. Predictions early in this thread were that the Suns would get blown out, so they far surpassed expectations.

Paul shot pretty well in the overtimes, and that's encouraging.
Agreed on all of this.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yup lol Monty

Really wish we would fire him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol... what did I dish out here? I said we weren’t good right now/mediocre. In response, you called my post sky is falling crazy talk. I responded with reasons why I didn’t think saying we were mediocre was crazy. You responded to that by telling me what Im really thinking and that I’m going nuts responding. I didn’t respond to that barb, but was and still am curious if you think we are good and if so, why you think we are?

Why are you treating this like a fight?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard