In a Perfect World, Kurt Warner will Retire

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
This is all my opinion...

In a Perfect World, Kurt Warner will Retire

Kurt Warner's numbers in 2008 placed him in MVP consideration. The team's performance down the stretch took him out.

If the team remains in tact for 2009, I don't think KW could remain as injury-free as 2008.

I don't think the team will remain in tact for 2009

I think Boldin moving on to another team will affect KW's impression of this team to get the ball to LF.

I also believe that Todd Haley moving on may result in KW wanting to go to Kansas City. Perhaps Boldin, too.

I think Leinart will be as (or more) effective as Aaron Rogers was in Green Bay.

If we re-sign him, he'll disappoint in 2009 with a turnover and injury-plagued 2009 season.

I'll guarantee it right now: Matt will have to play a bunch anyway. He's learned what it takes to make it to the Superbowl and how to prepare. I really think he will do everything in his power to make it back again.

Let's save the 8-10 million a year. Spend it on a defensive player or two and hope that Kurt Warner retires.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world...

Kurt Warner takes us back to the Super Bowl next year and we win it this time.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brad Mann, I've wrestled with this long enough to think you're right. The perfect time to change QBs is now.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Well he's not going to retire.

The Cardinals have locked themselves in saying they will make him an offer.

Which to me seems to have been foolish, just say you're open to all options and right now you're busy playing will think about it later, instead they gushed about wanting him back so much they'd look like idiots for changing their mind.

You could maybe get out of it by low balling him but that's just going ot stick the cheap sticker on you again, to me it was a poor idea to just gush that you wanted him back even if you did.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world the defense held the steelers scoreless for the last 3 minutes minutes of the super bowl.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I hope he retires too, but I don't think he can turn down 8M /year.

The Cards should put this year into deciding whether or not Leinart is the QBOF, are we going to restructure his contract or cut him before 2010? The best way to accomplish that is to let Leinart play.

I envision this as a Aaron Rodgers/Favre time, he's watched, he's learned, he's ready to take over, and it's in the best interests of the team from a business POV.

OP
OP
BradMannTX

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
We're absoultely locked in to make KW an offer.

If we don't, we're fools. How can we NOT offer the God of the Arizona Cardinals a contract?

When we do, he'll be injury and turnover plagued in 2009.

That's why I think the best thing for the team is for him to retire. That way, it's not the team's decision.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BAsed on how he played this last season you cant be so sure about that. Several QB's have been very productive into their late 30's and early 40's.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're absoultely locked in to make KW an offer.

If we don't, we're fools. How can we NOT offer the God of the Arizona Cardinals a contract?

That's why I think the best thing for the team is for him to retire. That way, it's not the team's decision.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Disagree completely, especially the injury and turnover plague. At his age, he is not going to regress or go backward like some younger players might. He figured out what the turnover problem was and corrected it.

If he works out again this year like he did last pre-season, he will be in great shape and able to absorb all those hits he takes.

Hopefully, our O-line will improve this next season and keep him from getting punished so much. And I agree with MCD. If Warner comes back, we have a much better chance to make it back to the Super Bowl.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect worldly said...lemme just add: and gets inducted in the PFHOF as a Cardinal!

NFL hall of fame doesn't induct players as members of any team. It's just a bust of that player, no ball caps, no logos, nothing to associate them with any team. Going in to the hall connected to one particular team is strictly a baseball thing.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree completely, especially the injury and turnover plague. At his age, he is not going to regress or go backward like some younger players might. He figured out what the turnover problem was and corrected it.

Warner's age is when players are more likely to regress. Go back and seriously pay attention to his throws late in the season. His arm barely made it 16 games and now he's going to be another year older.

Something to keep in mind concerning Warner's revival season:

Rich Gannon
2002: 4689 yards, 26 Td 10 int 97.3 QB rating. MVP, Superbowl appearance.
2003 1274 yards, 6 TD 4 int 73.5 QB rating.

Randall Cunningham
1998: 3704 yards, 34 TD 10 int 106 QB rating (led league) team record 15-1 that year, set then NFL season scoring record.
1999: 1475 yards, 8 TD 9 int 79.1 QB rating

Even Favre last year in Green Bay and then coming back to lead the NFL in interceptions this year.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like it or not Warner will get a good contract and be the starter next year. Matt may not like it and ask for a trade but won't get it and be the back up.
It's doubtful that Warner can have as good of a year next year as he did last year due to his age, Todd Halley leaving, no injuries, and Boldin most likely being traded.

I really would like Warner to retire and turn the team over to Leinart. Draft a good running back and build a damn good defense. We might not be back in the Super Bowl. But we could be competitive and be building an ongoing playoff team versus a one year wonder.

Obviously this is very debatable.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Ugghhhh.... :bang:

In the real world (which is the most perfect world...), Warner gets his 2 year deal. He starts and plays most of next season, giving Matty yet one more year to learn from a future HoFer. I would love to believe that Kurt could somehow take us to another post season and perhaps even a Super Bowl again next year, however with all of the change that has occured thus far, and will continue during this offseason, I am very skeptical to say the least...
Matt will then take the reigns in 2010 and finally get his long-awaited chance, with the benefit of having a future HoFer by his side, continuing to guide him all the way.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
in a perfect world, leinart won't be AS effective as aaron rodgers. the packers went 7-9 last season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in a perfect world, leinart won't be AS effective as aaron rodgers. the packers went 7-9 last season.

Aaron Rodgers had a very nice seaon and was very effective. He had a better year than Favre's resurgence year two seasons ago. That defense failed them last year.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kurt Warner: 4583 yards 30 Td 14 int, 96.9 QB rating, 67.1 comp %
Aaron Rodgers: 4038 yards, 28 Td 13 int 93.8 QB rating, 63.6 comp %

Not much of a difference. The Packers lack of success was from the defense being injured and falling apart.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Perfect worldly said...lemme just add: and gets inducted in the PFHOF as a Cardinal!

Unfortunately the PFHOF is not like baseball. Players just go in, not with a chosen ball cap.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world, Kurt would have retired during halftime of the Super Bowl and Leinart would have come out of the locker room to win the game by throwing 5 TDs, with all of them going to Boldin. Leinart & Boldin would be Co-MVPs and Boldin would have fired Drew during his acceptance speech, telling Dan Patrick that he would never play football ever again unless Leinart was his QB.

Warner would have been offered the OC job on the spot, adopted into the Bidwill family and given a 10% ownership interest in the team, which he would in turn donate to one of his charitable foundations, garnering him the Nobel Prize he so richly deserves.

At least that's what would have happened in my perfect world.

JTS

(Because this is a PG board, I omitted the part about Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansen and myself at the post-game celebratory hot tub session; but that was also a very important part of making this a perfect world :devil:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard