Disney, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery to launch massive new sports streaming service this fall

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This has a chance to massively change the streaming landscape going forward.

The world of sports media is about to get a massive new player.

Disney, Fox Corp. and Warner Bros. Discovery are planning to a launch a new streaming joint venture that will make all of their sports programming — including ESPN, Fox Sports and TNT — available under a single service, they announced Tuesday.

The streaming service will launch in the fall and will be equally co-owned by each of the three companies. Subscribers will be offered a list of networks, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, Fox, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV and ESPN+. The service, not unlike a sports-only cable subscription, will also include hundreds of hours of NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and college sports content.

The price of the mega-service remains to be announced. It will also be available to ESPN+, Hulu and Max subscribers as part of a bundle....

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yes, this is super interesting. Live sports is the main reason I have Hulu live- with everything else I have, I should be able to pretty much get all live sports events I do now with this. I might need to upgrade Paramount+, and will miss out on live EPL games on USA/NBC, but Peacock shows all replays. I can live with that.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how the streaming services are starting to consolidate to offer bigger packages and options....just like a cable company.

You must be registered for see images attach
It was always the way that it was going to go.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I stream loads but don't really like streaming sports, which I have to do for all Cards game with DAZN. I like to be able to flick over to other channels and see how X game is going, or flick off the ads and watch something else.

It's a PITA to do that with streaming.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I stream loads but don't really like streaming sports, which I have to do for all Cards game with DAZN. I like to be able to flick over to other channels and see how X game is going, or flick off the ads and watch something else.

Not all streaming is the same....lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hate to tell you, but streaming is going nowhere and will be the only form of TV in a few years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hate to tell you, but streaming is going nowhere and will be the only form of TV in a few years.

Oh yeah I use it all the time. I'm 47 not 67.

Just not a fan of it for sports for the stated reasons.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pricing is going to be a big factor for us.

We canceled Apple, Netflix, Hulu, and Disney in the last few months. Got Hulu and Disney back with their $2.99/mo Black Friday deal. If this is some sort of $19.99/mo situation where I can’t watch it on my phone or laptop on trips without jumping through hoops I’m out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We canceled Apple, Netflix, Hulu, and Disney in the last few months. Got Hulu and Disney back with their $2.99/mo Black Friday deal. If this is some sort of $19.99/mo situation where I can’t watch it on my phone or laptop on trips without jumping through hoops I’m out.
It’s getting to the point where it’s already more expensive than just having cable if you have all the streaming services.

Last edited:

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s getting to the point where it’s already more expensive than just having cable if you have all the streaming services.
Yeah, at this point we are down to Peacock (free with Comcast Internet), Amazon Prime (considering canceling because added commercials) and Disney/Hulu (stupid cheap Black Friday deal).

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Right now I pay $12.99 for the ESPN, Disney+, Hulu bundle. My guess is that same bundle will be $19.99 with commercials and 24.99 without.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was hilarious listening to Burns and Gambo yesterday afternoon. Gambo went to watch Masters of the Air on AppleTV+, but it said he had no account. He asked his wife Chelsie about it and she told him she canceled a couple of their streaming accounts because he had been complaining about how many they had just one month earlier. LOL

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah, at this point we are down to Peacock (free with Comcast Internet), Amazon Prime (considering canceling because added commercials) and Disney/Hulu (stupid cheap Black Friday deal).
yeah Prime video sucks...its basically just a service to sell you other streaming services and adding commercials was a dick move considering what little programming they have isnt very good in the first place. I keep it because its free...I use Prime for shipping.... Im a bit of a hermit so instead of going shopping I can just order what I want on amazon and its usually sitting on my porch when I get home from work.
The only streaming service I pay for right now is AMC...Im a fan of all things zombie and they have tons of it... the rest Netflix, Disney/Hulu, Paramount, Max, Peacock...I get from family. I share my AMC account and others share their accounts so we each only have to pay for one. I usually swap out AMC for Starz in the summer to catch up on the Power universe...love me some Tommy Eagan

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was hilarious listening to Burns and Gambo yesterday afternoon. Gambo went to watch Masters of the Air on AppleTV+, but it said he had no account. He asked his wife Chelsie about it and she told him she canceled a couple of their streaming accounts because he had been complaining about how many they had just one month earlier. LOL
Side note- if anyone wants to watch Masters of the Air and does not have Apple TV, Best Buy has a 3 month free Apple TV trial for new and returning customers. So far it is a really good show.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly, I find myself watching the free streaming service Tubi more than some I pay for. They tend to have some quality movies/shows from 10+ years ago that you often don't get on Netflix, Prime, etc....

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I find myself watching the free streaming service Tubi more than some I pay for. They tend to have some quality movies/shows from 10+ years ago that you often don't get on Netflix, Prime, etc....
I go to Tubi, PlutoTV, FreeVee etc. about once a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson