Gameday thread Cardinals at Redskins 12-17-17

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are plays out there which he did not attempt but was too flustered to see easier completions, stop defending him

Not like he is working with real skill players outside of Fitz. And even Fitz dropping balls. Give me a break terrible Oline, no wrs that can catch, no starting RB threat. But yeah let’s blame it all on BG lol ludicrous opinions being thrown around. Few of any QBs in this league would be having success right now on the Cards, we flat out are to injured or just bad players in general. Stanton is worse and not really close imo, you know Stanton can’t throw a touch pass to save his life and is barely more mobile than Palmer. Gabbert can’t catch the freaking ball of it hits the receivers in the damn chest or hands they have to catch them, and quite simply they are not!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are they also missing the equivalent of D. Johnson, J. Brown, J. Veldheer, T. Branch, Golden, etc....???
If excuses were money we'd all be rich. We had every one of those players last season and we had just as bad a season. This team just isn't any good nor is it well coached.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've also been in position to win games and simply can't get it done in crunch time. Even with those injuries we were in a position to win games and no one, including Fitz could make a play.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not like he is working with real skill players outside of Fitz. And even Fitz dropping balls. Give me a break terrible Oline, no wrs that can catch, no starting RB threat. But yeah let’s blame it all on BG lol ludicrous opinions being thrown around. Few of any QBs in this league would be having success right now on the Cards, we flat out are to injured or just bad players in general. Stanton is worse and not really close imo, you know Stanton can’t throw a touch pass to save his life and is barely more mobile than Palmer. Gabbert can’t catch the ******* ball of it hits the receivers in the damn chest or hands they have to catch them, and quite simply they are not!

Im not blaming it all on him. Its obvious we have one of the worst OLs in all of football. But his inability to throw anything other than a rocket, and what appears to me to be an ineptitude to make correct decisions under duress remove him from the QBOTF convo, regardless of whats going on around him.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh stop. if he had any kind of touch this game would of been a blow out he missed wide open guys all day long and made bone head play after bone head play
Right and I’m sure him getting hit all day doesn’t affect anything right?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey Nashman, get a clue - nobody is "blaming it all" on Gabbert, we're all well aware of the Cards' other issues with missing players, guys dropping balls, etc. But you'd have to be blind to not see just how badly Gabbert has stunk on ice for much of the time he's been given, particularly today. He's not improving, he's regressing. You keep defending him - based on what exactly, other than the fact that the supporting cast isn't so hot? What has Gabbert done himself to show that he's worthy of playing in this league?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not like he is working with real skill players outside of Fitz. And even Fitz dropping balls. Give me a break terrible Oline, no wrs that can catch, no starting RB threat. But yeah let’s blame it all on BG lol ludicrous opinions being thrown around. Few of any QBs in this league would be having success right now on the Cards, we flat out are to injured or just bad players in general. Stanton is worse and not really close imo, you know Stanton can’t throw a touch pass to save his life and is barely more mobile than Palmer. Gabbert can’t catch the ******* ball of it hits the receivers in the damn chest or hands they have to catch them, and quite simply they are not!

But Stanton at least can work the whole field and not the center alone. Our backs are hurt but we did have a running game today, so that does not matter. He had other guys during the game who he could have thrown to which where more open but Blaine seems not able to process what he sees once he starts running. The Redskins do not have a great defense but Gabbert still was trying to throw the ball into contested spaces which made some of those drops more probable. Gabbert has a low throwing motion putting zip on everything and how many of those passes where batted down by his delivery alone

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s pointless to even discuss the guy at QB. He is terrible. If you argue anything different you’re just arguing for arguments sake.
As terrible as he is, it doesn't excuse players not being able to hold onto a ball thrown into their hands. There's no excuse for that.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well, what the over under for at least half the seats being empty for the Christmas Eve classic agains the Smallants?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Nashman, get a clue - nobody is "blaming it all" on Gabbert, we're all well aware of the Cards' other issues with missing players, guys dropping balls, etc. But you'd have to be blind to not see just how badly Gabbert has stunk on ice for much of the time he's been given, particularly today. He's not improving, he's regressing. You keep defending him - based on what exactly, other than the fact that the supporting cast isn't so hot? What has Gabbert done himself to show that he's worthy of playing in this league?

Well let’s see...he young, Mobile, huge arm, makes throws others can’t when given time, hasn’t looked as bad as a lot make him out considering he hasn’t even had a real offseason to learn the offense. Numbers are comparable to Palmers first games in Arians offense. I am not saying he is the QBOF but he is damn well better than DS and maybe given some time in the offense to learn and learn with a full complement of players around him who knows? Like I said any QB would like like trash playing with the lineup the Cards are running right now! But I get some people are just show me right now kind of people, but don’t want to give someone time to develop in a system. Whatever the Cards are geniuses when it comes to QBs right? Probably draft the wrong guy and keep Stanton seems about right for a franchise who loves old vets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard