Falcons at Cardinals gameday thread 11-12-23

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, one thing that holds a lot of these college TEs back once they go to the NFL is they just aren't used enough. Not shocking McBride starts breaking out when he has to play more snaps due to a washed vet getting injured.
I just don't understand why NFL offenses don't use tight ends more. A lot of Tom Brady's success was based upon his use of his tight ends.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
what a bounce back game for the Oline! wow!
Those guys are alright.
People overlook the fact that week after week we started this season against the 5 or 6 best defensive fronts in the nfl...hell, Cleveland might be historically good up front....
So when we drop down to just the tenth best defense in the nfl....they make it look easy.
We still need upgrades but our oline isn't trash

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We start getting him involved in the Redbone he could jump to star status pretty quick.
We start getting him involved in the Redbone he could jump to star status pretty quick.
Come And Get Your Trey

You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Those guys are alright.
People overlook the fact that week after week we started this season against the 5 or 6 best defensive fronts in the nfl...hell, Cleveland might be historically good up front....
So when we drop down to just the tenth best defense in the nfl....they make it look easy.
We still need upgrades but our oline isn't trash

They've exceeded expectations oaken, I agree.

I also agree that just adding an above average LG probably makes the oline good enough to get us to the playoffs in 2024.

But I wonder what is the long-term plan for this unit? We can compete with this group in 2024, but what about 2025 and 2026? We'll want to get to the playoffs in those years too I promise! haha. :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I just don't understand why NFL offenses don't use tight ends more. A lot of Tom Brady's success was based upon his use of his tight ends.

It is the biggest mismatch in football at every level IMO.
They're just freaking hard to find and develop.

There's a reason why there are just 5 TEs with over 450 receiving yards and the sixth leading TE (Evan Engram) is closer to the 11th dude (McBride, ironically) and than the fifth.

There's a reason why New England failed to recapture that magic after Gronk left.

Also, I think it's a specialization thing. If you have a guy who's good at catching passes, why are you going to ask him to block half the time--and put him closer to traffic in the middle?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson