Falcons at Cardinals gameday thread 11-12-23

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I mean, that happens to every tightend or receiver at some point. He didn’t have enough opportunities imo. But when he did catch it he was consistently dragging defenders or trying to hurdle them.
Ever since that guy slapped the ball from him there has been a noticeable uptick in McBrides aggression. He has played much stronger and more violent. You could tell by his reaction at the time that he knew that was all on him...and he responded.
I been the biggest McBride cheerleader around ever since we drafted him. But he was playing like a WR, not a TE...he has 5 inches and 50 pounds on those defensive backs and he needs to bully them accordingly. Hurtling them is nice. Plowing through them is better. Every time they try to tackle him he needs to make it hurt. That's what nfl tight ends do...get them all bruised up so they're too sore to keep up with your diva wr's

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ever since that guy slapped the ball from him there has been a noticeable uptick in McBrides aggression. He has played much stronger and more violent. You could tell by his reaction at the time that he knew that was all on him...and he responded.
I been the biggest McBride cheerleader around ever since we drafted him. But he was playing like a WR, not a TE...he has 5 inches and 50 pounds on those defensive backs and he needs to bully them accordingly. Hurtling them is nice. Plowing through them is better. Every time they try to tackle him he needs to make it hurt. That's what nfl tight ends do...get them all bruised up so they're too sore to keep up with your diva wr's
100%...it's been Trey who has turned it around.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s back!!!! So happy for K1 and the team! It feels good to win again! Screw the draft pick, let’s just go out and win some games!

Next gen stats showed that Murray ran 70!yards on that critical 3rd down & 10 conversion on the game winning drive. There’s only 1 qb in the league who makes that play and he is an Arizona Cardinal. He is so freaking fun to watch.

Proud of the team. We’re on to Houston.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That team really looked like a Super Bowl juggernaut. Steamrolled the AFC runner up on the road to start the year, beat the piss out of the Rams on the road, pretty much ended Cleveland’s season by destroying Baker, pulled out some close games, got winner’s luck, bounces going our way… and even handled adversity well with Colt riding to the rescue in two spot starts.

And then they just folded like a cheap suit en masse.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That team really looked like a Super Bowl juggernaut. Steamrolled the AFC runner up on the road to start the year, beat the piss out of the Rams on the road, pretty much ended Cleveland’s season by destroying Baker, pulled out some close games, got winner’s luck, bounces going our way… and even handled adversity well with Colt riding to the rescue in two spot starts.

what surprised me the most is that all during that streak...Kyler wasnt superman..he left plays on the field every week... our defense was plus 1.7 in turnover ratio and we were plus 8 minutes in top.
when things went bad they went bad everywhere...we fell behind in turnover ratio and top.
But it clearly demonstrated that with a decent defense kyler can be the guy without having to carry the team for 60 minutes every week...I mean...dude makes some awesome plays at times...but we shouldnt expect him to do it on every drive...with his accuracy just making routine plays will lead the team to victory as long as the defense holds their own.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what surprised me the most is that all during that streak...Kyler wasnt superman..he left plays on the field every week... our defense was plus 1.7 in turnover ratio and we were plus 8 minutes in top.
when things went bad they went bad everywhere...we fell behind in turnover ratio and top.
But it clearly demonstrated that with a decent defense kyler can be the guy without having to carry the team for 60 minutes every week...I mean...dude makes some awesome plays at times...but we shouldnt expect him to do it on every drive...with his accuracy just making routine plays will lead the team to victory as long as the defense holds their own.
I’m not sure if you’re remembering correctly on Kyler. He wasn’t running as much, but people were talking MVP during that 7-0 start where he already had 17 passing TDs, only 5 picks, averaging 280 yards per game on a ridiculous 70% completion rate, while also throwing in 3 rushing TDs. He looked like he’d become an All-Pro QB who didn’t need to run.

That offense also had three legit WRs and a good running back room when healthy and before AJ Green forgot how to play football… and what’s his nuts got hurt.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That season was so much fun before it all fell apart. :sad: :help:

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To @Chris_Sanders point about Wrs not use to the scramble drill
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just no one trying to separate to get open. At least Hollywood got a good block though.

Edit: Good block by Wilson as well
Rondale moore is wide open before Kyler crosses the LOS. However, with all that green grass, getting the first with his legs is the right choice.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree 100%. The defense was turning the ball over and creating short fields & we were jumping on people early. But, what everyone is failing to remember is that it was still a finesse team & that caught up to us as the season wore on. Whatever violence we showed early in the season simply went away as the defense stopped creating turnovers. Exactly why the current staff has emphasized from day 1 that we would be a “violent team”. Violence just has to be in your CULTURE or winning just isn’t sustainable. The teams that sustain being violent, not to be confused with dirty, mostly always win. And that has been the tonic throughout the 7 decades that I have watched NFL football. So, my hope is that MOJG will continue to draft smart, talented, and violent players moving forward.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rondale moore is wide open before Kyler crosses the LOS. However, with all that green grass, getting the first with his legs is the right choice.
Thats fair.

And more proof the Kyler/Caleb comparisons are nonsense. Caleb absolutely fires that football to Moore.

Once Kyler fully accelerates he doesnt decelerate and fire off throws on one foot.