Do You Pull The Trigger On Randy Gregory If He Falls To Cards?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh stop he tested positive for weed. Washington and Badger have much longer wrap sheets than one flunked drug test.

I'm not a fan of Gregory flunked drug test or not he's rail thin and has a questionable motor.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. Sorry but I cannot understand why a person going to the combine which is basically a job interview would do drugs before hand probably knowing they would drug test him there. Total lack of judgement on his part.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Sorry but I cannot understand why a person going to the combine which is basically a job interview would do drugs before hand probably knowing they would drug test him there. Total lack of judgement on his part.

Not surprisingly, people do stupid stuff in their late teens and early 20s. It isn't necessarily a indictment of their character.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Not surprisingly, people do stupid stuff in their late teens and early 20s. It isn't necessarily a indictment of their character.

And how many people are trying for a job that can pay millions of dollars and possibly be set up for life if doing well at that job?That 20 something excuse doesn`t work in this situation.If Gregory wasn`t smart enough to realize the consequences then he doesn`t need to be in AZ.:slap:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And how many people are trying for a job that can pay millions of dollars and possibly be set up for life if doing well at that job?That 20 something excuse doesn`t work in this situation.If Gregory wasn`t smart enough to realize the consequences then he doesn`t need to be in AZ.:slap:

It is easy to say these types of things when you have had decades of life experience behind you......

I assume you didn't want players like Peyton Manning. He wasn't a poster boy during his college career, and how many millions has he made? Honey Badger? He needed second and even third chances to turn his life around.

It just isn't as black and white as you are making it seem.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It is easy to say these types of things when you have had decades of life experience behind you......

I assume you didn't want players like Peyton Manning. He wasn't a poster boy during his college career, and how many millions has he made? Honey Badger? He needed second and even third chances to turn his life around.

It is actually pretty simple.He knew that one of the biggest events of his career was coming up and he did not have the willpower to NOT SMOKE WEED for how many times before that event.That makes it pretty darn simple to me.That tells me that he doesn`t seem dedicated to his craft as he should be right now.When he gets drafted and starts making big money then do you really think he will just put the pipe down or be a daryl Washington who cannot be depended on.The lack of DEPENDABILITY jumps out.I for one DO NOT what to see the Cards burned again.Call me old fashioned or set in my ways but that's the way it is.In this time of instant information especially its seems pretty stupid to screw up like Gregory and knowing it would be all over the media.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

We are not talking Peyton Manning.We are talking Randy Gregory.So don`t make assumptions.Thank you.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
u can draft him and hopefully in 2 years weed is legal ;-)

in our sistem i think he can play in the weedside as OLB

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
u can draft him and hopefully in 2 years weed is legal ;-)

in our system i think he can play in the weedside as OLB

It doesn't matter if marijuana becomes legal in Arizona if it is still an illegal drug according to the NFL. If you want play for a team in the league you need to play by their rules. It's not rocket science.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if marijuana becomes legal in Arizona if it is still an illegal drug according to the NFL. If you want play for a team in the league you need to play by their rules. It's not rocket science.

Thought he meant federally legal. once its federally legal I would assume the NFLPA would follow suit.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Yep.

My job just sent out a notice reminding us even if weed is legal that it is still prohibited for our job and could result in termination. They made it crystal clear. If I or someone I worked with chose to do it and got caught they would have nobody to blame but themselves.

Career or weed? Pretty easy choice to figure out which is more important.

As for Gregory guys can change...look at Mathieu, if the Cards want him and he is there you'd like to think they did their due diligence.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought he meant federally legal. once its federally legal I would assume the NFLPA would follow suit.

In only two years? I took that short time frame to mean just Arizona.

There are plenty of legal supplements which are banned by the league. It is not only about legality, IMHO. I imagine that marijuana will remain illegal in the NFL - and many other workplaces - regardless of changes to federal law.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yep.

My job just sent out a notice reminding us even if weed is legal that it is still prohibited for our job and could result in termination. They made it crystal clear. If I or someone I worked with chose to do it and got caught they would have nobody to blame but themselves.

Career or weed? Pretty easy choice to figure out which is more important.

As for Gregory guys can change...look at Mathieu, if the Cards want him and he is there you'd like to think they did their due diligence.

It was the biggest job interview of his life... dude was nervous, so he took a hit and got relaxed lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are not talking Peyton Manning.We are talking Randy Gregory.So don`t make assumptions.Thank you.

Now I know you are trolling. You are making assumptions as well on how you think he should behave. Sigh. The topic is about athletes and throwing away the chance to make millions. If Manning were around now, he would have faced a lot of the same backlash that Winston has these past two years.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
HB is a special case IMO because he actually had football taken away from him for a year in college. So he already had to see what life was like without the one thing he loved to do more than anything else and thus was willing to make the change. I don't know that Randy has had the same revelation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HB is a special case IMO because he actually had football taken away from him for a year in college. So he already had to see what life was like without the one thing he loved to do more than anything else and thus was willing to make the change. I don't know that Randy has had the same revelation.

There are dozens, yes dozens of players that have been caught with marijuana in college or leading up to the draft and have still had productive careers. Randy Moss comes to mind....

Hell there are even players that fail after they get their millions. Look at Washington. I bet there are quite a few on this board that still believe that we didn't waste our pick there.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Now I know you are trolling. You are making assumptions as well on how you think he should behave. Sigh. The topic is about athletes and throwing away the chance to make millions. If Manning were around now, he would have faced a lot of the same backlash that Winston has these past two years.

I disagree.I state Gregory screwed up.He could possibly be throwing a boatload of cash away..........who knows for sure> I Don`t and you don`t.I don`t know what your problem is with me but I simply stated the how and why I made my opinion.If Manning had done something similar and the media covered it then there could have been consequences.We are not talking about Manning....Gregory is the issue..........So how can you say I am trolling? to me it seems the other way around.You told me to clean the language up and I did.So don`t troll or bait me because you disagree with my opinion.Thank You

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think people realize just how many players fail this test that we don't even hear about. It is supposed to be kept sealed and only teams should know. But we get a few leaks each year, usually from other agents trying to get their player better draft position or other teams trying to push a player down to them.

Just like the wonderlic test, those scores are not supposed to be leaked out, but we always get a few each year.

Or like in Daryl Washingtons case, no one knew he was even in the program until he got popped for the second time.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
It's been put out there that he quit smoking in December, he just had smoked so much before that there was still some in his system. So since the kid quit months before the combine I'd think all the accusations thrown out against him on this thread are moot.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at Washington. I bet there are quite a few on this board that still believe that we didn't waste our pick there.

DWash has not been there for us when we needed him. I'd call that a waste. He'd rather get high and/or break his baby mama's collarbone than play football in the NFL. Wish we could have just cut him without it counting against our cap. How much have we paid him NOT to play football? The guy is a joke.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree.I state Gregory screwed up.He could possibly be throwing a boatload of cash away..........who knows for sure> I Don`t and you don`t.I don`t know what your problem is with me but I simply stated the how and why I made my opinion.If Manning had done something similar and the media covered it then there could have been consequences.We are not talking about Manning....Gregory is the issue..........So how can you say I am trolling? to me it seems the other way around.You told me to clean the language up and I did.So don`t troll or bait me because you disagree with my opinion.Thank You

I stated young people make mistakes. You countered with ' If he wasn't smart enough to not make this mistake, he shouldn't be on this team,' To which I mentioned a player on this team that has made the same mistakes and you seem to be fine with. (or refuse comment on) You then tell me to not make assumptions, and yet you started off the post by making your own assumption on his behavior.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DWash has not been there for us when we needed him. I'd call that a waste. He'd rather get high and/or break his baby mama's collarbone than play football in the NFL. Wish we could have just cut him without it counting against our cap. How much have we paid him NOT to play football? The guy is a joke.

So I should put you in the 'No' category?