Coach again

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
"You have to sometimes lose to figure out how to win," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We have won all year and we have gotten into sloppy habits and gotten into some things defensively that's costing us."

This is the difference between their coaching staff and ours. Even when everything is going good you have to look for ways to improve yourself. When something suddenly hits you its too late. You have to be prepared before it happens. Uinfortunately, our team did not get prepared for the WCF. We tried to use only God's given talent and didn't work out...maybe next year!!

Let's not throw in the towel yet. We are down 0-3 but if we figure them out with the kind of fire power Suns possess anything can happen. Its been a successfull season and this team has a bright future. Some holes need to be filled but I am extremely confident that our GM, scouts, coaches have a better idea, than us, how to do it.

For tonight, please don't double Duncan, PLEASE!!!
In purple we believe!

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0530suns0530.html

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post. While I would much rather see a great series than a sweep or a loss in five games it could be better for the long-term success of the Phoenix Suns to get handled by San Antonio. It should force the players and management to come back next year with even more determination, knowing that they still have some work to do to get to the top.

Joe Mama

AZZenny

Reaction score
Agree. It's especially hard to teach highly successful, strong, exuberant youth how to deal with mistakes and setbacks 'in theory.' Like mortality, youngsters often don't believe disaster and failure can touch them until it actually does. (Hmmmm...could that be... "the School of Hard Knocks"?) :cool:

Plus, when you develop a new style or technique that is alien to the norm, it would be very rare to get it perfect the first time out - OK, we saw Suns Run 'n Gun version 1.0, now they have to work on some fixes for version 1.1. Or maybe they'll make some more serious revisions, for a v. 2.0.

A group of inexperienced kids ran into a group of hardened men. With chain saws. Camp Counselor Nash did his best, but the blood-spattered walls tell the story.

I really think this Spurs team shows us something about HOW to integrate aggressive, fast-moving, sticky defense into the running style, and I don't think our coaching and FO staff will ignore that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison