Let’s Play GM

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler haters are out in force aren't they. Trade Kyler? Because some unproven rookie QB is the light? Have a look at the 6-5 Texans as a way to do it (who could easily be 3-7)? Sheesh
The Texans? Yes, Stroud is outplaying a 5 year vet in Murray with a comparable roster. Stroud is the example of why Kyler is not worth keeping.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd take the Texans supporting cast over the Cardinals anyway.
IMO, this is being a prisoner of the moment. Conner is the better RB. McBride the better TE. Brown, Wilson, Moore and Dortch are at worst equal to Collins, Woods, Dell and Noah Brown. The offensive lines are about the same, Texans have the best play, but Fro, Hern, and PJJ are better than the same spots with the Texans.

The issue is Stroud can actually read a defense, play with rhythm and timing, and can navigate a pocket. He sees pressure as something to attack and not something to run from.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about building the team up right now but drafting a Qb in round 2 like McCarthy or Beck?
Packers had Farve and drafted Rodgers.
Then they had Rodgers and drafted Love.
I picked those two names because I think the top 4 will be gone in the first round.
If Kyler sucked with a built up roster we’d have a guy in the wings.
Can Beck and McCarthy nfl caliber QB’s?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
IMO, this is being a prisoner of the moment. Conner is the better RB. McBride the better TE. Brown, Wilson, Moore and Dortch are at worst equal to Collins, Woods, Dell and Noah Brown.

Composition matters. The Cardinals WR room is dreadfully small as a group. Robert Woods is a more accomplished receiver than any of the Cardinals group and Nico Collins is a good young big receiver.
The offensive lines are about the same, Texans have the best play, but Fro, Hern, and PJJ are better than the same spots with the Texans.
Individual players don't matter as much as unit play.
The issue is Stroud can actually read a defense, play with rhythm and timing, and can navigate a pocket. He sees pressure as something to attack and not something to run from.
What I saw from the Texans was Shanahan rhythm based system with real simple reads that many QBs could be successful in. Stroud looked great for a rookie.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Composition matters. The Cardinals WR room is dreadfully small as a group. Robert Woods is a more accomplished receiver than any of the Cardinals group and Nico Collins is a good young big receiver.

What I saw from the Texans was Shanahan rhythm based system with real simple reads that many QBs could be successful in. Stroud looked great for a rookie.

Sounds like the Cards have a coaching problem.

EDIT: Stroud has looked very good for any NFL QB.

volcardinal

Reaction score
QB- Murray, Tune
RB- Conner
WR- Wilson, Moore
OL- Humphries, Colon, Hernandez, Johnson, Gaines ?
TE- McBride

DL- Stills, Watkins
Edge- Collins,Dimukeje,Ojulari,Thomas
ILB-Barnes,Pappoe
CB-Williams, Clark,Starling
S-Baker,Thompson

Analysis keep the young players and hope they get better, pretty damn sad

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Here is where I am going to push back. Kyler sucks right now. Those little WRs are getting open, but he isn't getting it to them. The line is consistently having to block in long yardage situations because Kyler isn't completing passes he should. Next gen stats has his expected completion % at -4.4, 3rd worst in the NFL. The two worse are DTR and Devito, and Levis is better than him.

Instead of making players better, Kyler is making them all worse.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. I know I was asking a great deal. I think the consensus was about what I expected but it clearly showed most believe this roster to be severely short of talent. I found it fascinating most responder had a guy or two no one else chose. That indicates our criteria is fairly diverse. I thought it made for fascinating reading. It will help me when I look at draft choices, though keep in mind I have not watch 10 games a week this year. I still do have reasonably good connections to get answers.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The Texans? Yes, Stroud is outplaying a 5 year vet in Murray with a comparable roster. Stroud is the example of why Kyler is not worth keeping.
Stroud looks so calm in the pocket. He takes the snap and surveys the field and makes plays. No happy feet, no feeling pressure that isn't there, and most importantly delivers the ball on time and accurately.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. I know I was asking a great deal. I think the consensus was about what I expected but it clearly showed most believe this roster to be severely short of talent. I found it fascinating most responder had a guy or two no one else chose. That indicates our criteria is fairly diverse. I thought it made for fascinating reading. It will help me when I look at draft choices, though keep in mind I have not watch 10 games a week this year. I still do have reasonably good connections to get answers.
Oh, I would definitely extend Leki Fotu. He was coming on strong. I think 30 million guaranteed for 4 years gets it done. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, this is being a prisoner of the moment. Conner is the better RB. McBride the better TE. Brown, Wilson, Moore and Dortch are at worst equal to Collins, Woods, Dell and Noah Brown. The offensive lines are about the same, Texans have the best play, but Fro, Hern, and PJJ are better than the same spots with the Texans.

This.

They have more talent on defense for sure, but nothing on offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The whole height thing is well overblown.

Tank Dell is 5' 8". He isn't beating guys by high pointing and winning contested catches. You don't need to be tall to catch a well thrown ball on a back shoulder timing route. Stroud is throwing passes anyone could catch.

I've seen a fair bit of the Texans offense and height makes little difference. If you're open then you are open if the ball is thrown well and on time.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here is my way too early Cardinals mock draft that I did using PFN

My hope is the Cardinals can trade out of #2 and still somehow land MHJr while adding picks. I wouldn’t mind Rome Odunze as an option if the trade includes multiple 1sts with additional picks.

I’m really high on Verse and doubt he will be there with Houston’s pick. So I would use some draft capital to move up and secure the Edge rusher. I got lucky and he was available here.

Fautanu played LT for the Huskies but I think he projects as a guard in the NFL.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Tank Dell is 5' 8". He isn't beating guys by high pointing and winning contested catches. You don't need to be tall to catch a well thrown ball on a back shoulder timing route. Stroud is throwing passes anyone could catch.

I've seen a fair bit of the Texans offense and height makes little difference. If you're open then you are open if the ball is thrown well and on time.
Height isn't a huge benefit for WRs?? You're on fire today

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

No but their receiving corps isn't the midget brigade. The Cardinals had a crew of WRs all shorter than me against the Rams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No but their receiving corps isn't the midget brigade. The Cardinals had a crew of WRs all shorter than me against the Rams.

Sure, I just don't know why it really matters other than maybe 5% of plays and lots of the best WR's in the league are not tall guys.

If I'm building my ideal outside guy then he's going to be 6'3" because it's better to be that than 5'10" if everything else is the same, and generally a bigger guy is going to be stronger and a better blocker, but there's no reason we can't be good with shorter guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And here is my way too early Cardinals mock draft that I did using PFN

My hope is the Cardinals can trade out of #2 and still somehow land MHJr while adding picks. I wouldn’t mind Rome Odunze as an option if the trade includes multiple 1sts with additional picks.

I’m really high on Verse and doubt he will be there with Houston’s pick. So I would use some draft capital to move up and secure the Edge rusher. I got lucky and he was available here.

Fautanu played LT for the Huskies but I think he projects as a guard in the NFL.

You must be registered for see images attach
We don't have a QB in this scenario.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
In the interest of fairness, here’s mine

Starters
Murray
Connor
McBride
Wilson
Johnson
Humphries
Baker
Thompson
Williams
White
Ojulari
Stills
Gardeck
Prater
Gillikin
Brewer

Backups
Tune
Demercado
Dortch
Hernandez
Froholdt
Ledbetter
Woods
Barnes
Dimukeje
Hamilton
Clark

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think a defense that starts BJ Ojulari, Dante Stills, and Dennis Gardeck is one that makes the playoffs.

One that starts ONE of those guys and has the other two as rotational players? Maybe. Gardeck isn't playing 45% of the snaps on an extremely bad defense.