What can (or should) be done to fix the team this season?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What makes someone the top offense outside of efficiency? Fact is that playing at a slow pace means your opponent doesn't get as many shots either. We don't need the fastest pace. Philly is currently the top offense and they are just 13th in pace.

I don't necessarily care about how fast the team plays as long as they are playing at enough pace to not get bogged down and lose efficiency.
That's all true, except we play better at a faster pace. I am thinking it's because guys get out of their heads and are just playing on instinct. Stats in articles show we play better at pace. The eyeball test watching games, says so too. Our biggest challenge has been turn overs. The past couple games we played faster and had less turn overs. Just hoping we are turning the corner.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
That's all true, except we play better at a faster pace. I am thinking it's because guys get out of their heads and are just playing on instinct. Stats in articles show we play better at pace. The eyeball test watching games, says so too. Our biggest challenge has been turn overs. The past couple games we played faster and had less turn overs. Just hoping we are turning the corner.
The advantage of a fast pace is not letting Book hold the ball too long that result both in lethargic teammates and lack of time for alternative plays when the initial one failed to work. So, without a true PG, our substitue ballhandlers shall be instructed to make quick decisions with quick motions of teammates also.