Broncos at Cardinals PS gameday thread 8-11-23

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I don’t understand all the talk about the uniforms. They’re just all red. You can’t even see the silver outline on the white numbers. Zzzzzzzzz…
The helmets aren’t working, but the unis are pretty well done. In my humble, professional, and always correct opinion.

Oxford comma biotches.

Tomorrow’s wordle is…. Nugget. FYI.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The Broncos are screwed. Wait till Payton starts screaming at everyone (because it’s their fault after all) and loses this team. Combine that with a week 13 quarterback change for… some made up reason, and this group if going to go off the rails. And I think it’s hilarious.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rdub hasn't been good since 2020 (and even then he didn't look as good as his stats). I really can't believe Payton chose him over Murray. Whatever questions you have about Murray, you know he isn't a has-been.

Last year it was TDs vs Bathrooms, I thought I heard there was another one to judge against this year, but didn't catch it.

Preseason and all, but I think Payton's going to find out real quick.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
For a bunch of no names, you gotta say the dline played their asses off and overachieved. Even the 2nd team was respectable against Denver's starting online.
It took multiple drives against the Cards backups on defense for the Denver starters to finally score.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Rdub hasn't been good since 2020 (and even there he didn't look as good as his stats). I really can't believe Payton chose him over Murray. Whatever questions you have about Murray, you know he isn't a has-been.

Last year it was TDs vs Bathrooms, I thought I heard there was another one to judge against this year, but didn't catch it.

Preseason and all, but I think Payton's going to find out real quick.
The bathroom guy has already started.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Needed to do a 420 jack dream bong hit to w

Havent been able to with the triple a team lol dbacks in its current downfall :(

Thank u cards made me feel nice ton sports fan wise good to beat payton!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The helmets aren’t working, but the unis are pretty well done. In my humble, professional, and always correct opinion.

Oxford comma biotches.

Tomorrow’s wordle is…. Nugget. FYI.
Imma flipsyde of 11. Dig the larger sparkle decals. Can’t tell any difference with silver face masks. Uniforms are boring.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Broncos are screwed. Wait till Payton starts screaming at everyone (because it’s their fault after all) and loses this team. Combine that with a week 13 quarterback change for… some made up reason, and this group if going to go off the rails. And I think it’s hilarious.
Maybe the issues with the Broncos weren't all because of Nathaniel Hackett after all...

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you saw a preseason game played with such intensity by the Cardinals? Or when all phases, offense, defense and special teams worked together in a coordinated effort to make an entertaining football game that was fun to watch? The fact that they had the moxie to come back and win the game in the final seconds was completely unusual for a Cardinal team these last few years. Preseason game; yes, but an eye-opening experience for those of us who have followed this team since the Stone Age. My fervent hope is that these Cardinals have finally caught "the tiger by the tail" and ride him to a successful decade of football.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
When was the last time you saw a preseason game played with such intensity by the Cardinals? Or when all phases, offense, defense and special teams worked together in a coordinated effort to make an entertaining football game that was fun to watch? The fact that they had the moxie to come back and win the game in the final seconds was completely unusual for a Cardinal team these last few years. Preseason game; yes, but an eye-opening experience for those of us who have followed this team since the Stone Age. My fervent hope is that these Cardinals have finally caught "the tiger by the tail" and ride him to a successful decade of football.
To tag onto that…Murray and everyone else, who didn’t play last night, were completely engaged on the sideline. JG has their attention and they are listening.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tune can get more comfortable with his out pattern throws we might have something in him

How many did he overthrow this game?

Nice to see the team play hard and cut down on penalties

Dline was a surprise and played hard

Oline run blocking not getting much push

Beating the Broncos who played their offensive starters for a half is icing on the cake

Last edited:
OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Arizona Cardinals 18, Denver Broncos 17

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals: No one knew what to expect from the Cardinals' defense heading into Friday night, but it put a unit on display that may exceed expectations this season. Yes, it's the first preseason game but the way the front seven got pressure on Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson isn't likely to subside going forward. Defensive lineman L.J. Collier had a batted pass, linebacker Dennis Gardeck sacked Wilson, and the Cardinals' starting defense had three quarterback hurries, including one on the play right after Gardeck's sack, all before the second unit took the field. And, at one point, outside linebacker Zaven Collins, who made a position switch this offseason, dropped a massive hit in the first quarter. The depth the second team showed gives hope that this Cardinals' defense could help anchor this team while Kyler Murray works to return. -- Josh Weinfuss

Next game: vs. Chiefs (8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 19)

You must be registered for see images attach

Broncos: The Broncos have continued to see depth issues appear during training camp and they crept up in their preseason opener Friday night. The projected regulars exited the game in the second quarter with the Broncos leading 10-0 and in control. What followed were difficulties from the reserves, including a blocked field goal by the Cardinals, four penalties by reserve offensive linemen and a wobbly outing from backup quarterback Jarrett Stidham (5-of-15 passing with an interception). Defensive lineman Elijah Garcia (two sacks), safety Delarrin Turner-Yell and rookie running back Jaleel McLaughlin were notable exceptions among the reserves -- McLaughlin scored a 4-yard touchdown with 1:30 to play -- but overall what has been one of the team's biggest concerns coming into training camp is still just that. -- Jeff Legwold

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard