Broncos at Cardinals PS gameday thread 8-11-23

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best thing is all those Bronco fans going home disappointed. That was an underwhelming performance by their team. You can't say they didn't try to win with how long Payton played his ones.
Maybe the Cardinals MADE them look underwhelming? Did you notice how often they managed to hassle the QB and the gang-tackling on almost every defensive play? Coaching and desire was very apparent.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tune can get more comfortable with his out pattern throws we might have something in him

How many did he overthrow this game?

Nice to see the team play hard and cut down on penalties

Dline was a surprise and played hard

Oline run blocking not getting much push

Beating the Broncos who played their offensive starters for a half is icing on the cake
The run game wasn’t awesome but persistent. We controlled time of possession, open some space over the middle allowing some of those crossing patterns and was better later in the game.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh man, I didn't realize how much I needed that. It's my birthday weekend. I've been in a sad place waiting for this surgery. **** yeah.

What a HUGE culture reset for this team. I'm so excited now.
Happy birthday and I wish you a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I understand your comments as I had a long awaited surgery completed a few months ago. Good fortune to you!

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The run game wasn’t awesome but persistent. We controlled time of possession, open some space over the middle allowing some of those crossing patterns and was better later in the game.
In short..this game was what I would say was significant improvement and showed what a team should
look like. The W/L was irrelevant but the appearance of a controlled effort stood out tremendously.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In short..this game was what I would say was significant improvement and showed what a team should
look like. The W/L was irrelevant but the appearance of a controlled effort stood out tremendously.
100% agree. If I had to describe it in one word, I’d say poised.
Gannon looked like he’s been a head coach for 5 years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Looked organized
Low penalties
Pressure on defense
Didn’t throw downfield much
Run game blocking mediocre
Wasn’t a disaster
Fun to win at end, but take everything but first two elements here with grain of first preseason game salt, but nice start

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
When was the last time you saw a preseason game played with such intensity by the Cardinals? Or when all phases, offense, defense and special teams worked together in a coordinated effort to make an entertaining football game that was fun to watch? The fact that they had the moxie to come back and win the game in the final seconds was completely unusual for a Cardinal team these last few years. Preseason game; yes, but an eye-opening experience for those of us who have followed this team since the Stone Age. My fervent hope is that these Cardinals have finally caught "the tiger by the tail" and ride him to a successful decade of football.
This is the Lions story redux. It may take a year or three for Monti to get the roster competitive, but if this game is a harbinger, we are headed in the right direction with the right coaching staff in place. Or maybe it is just one game. But the T.C. vibe definitely seems 180 degrees from the Kingsbury era.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked organized
Low penalties
Pressure on defense
Wasn’t a disaster
Fun to win at end, but take everything but first two elements here with grain of first preseason game salt, but nice start
Agree. It’s hard to come away with anything negative.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
New uniforms are complete and utter trash. I hate them. So boring. But I guess it matches what the team will become this year
Couldn’t disagree more. The Cardinals are RED, and these home jerseys are exactly that. I’m just hoping we add white pants at some point down the road. Helmets are awesome! The white jerseys are great, as I have one, and love it. I’ll have to see the black on TV to decide on them. I’ve heard that the players love them, so that’s really what’s important. I’m just happy that the helmets are great & that the road red shoulder pad look is GONE. Hopefully never to return.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Couldn’t disagree more. The Cardinals are RED, and these home jerseys are exactly that. I’m just hoping we add white pants at some point down the road. Helmets are awesome! The white jerseys are great, as I have one, and love it. I’ll have to see the black on TV to decide on them. I’ve heard that the players love them, so that’s really what’s important. I’m just happy that the helmets are great & that the road red shoulder pad look is GONE. Hopefully never to return.
Always hated the red-on-red.

The uniform scheme took a step back from the past decade. Just so damn bland. Nothing exciting. Hopefully new owners would change them.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The uniform scheme took a step back from the past decade. Just so damn bland. Nothing exciting. Hopefully new owners would change them.
New owners? Not gonna happen this is Bidwills family business and will remain that indefinitely. A bit bland but maybe they will grow on us if we have some success…

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Like you, I was NEVER a fan of the red on red. But, I do think this red is far better than the red in previous uniforms. My preference would be these red jerseys with white pants and a stripe on those pants. Other than that, I do like the new uniforms. Our previous roadies were horrendous.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Looked organized
Low penalties
Pressure on defense
Wasn’t a disaster
Biggest takeaway are the first two IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don’t get how people think the uniforms are a big upgrade or downgrade when they look BARELY different on TV to my eyes.

That said, I never liked the all-reds so if that’s the look moving forward, that blows. Otherwise they don’t move the needle in any way good or bad to me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don’t get how people think the uniforms are a big upgrade or downgrade when they look BARELY different on TV to my eyes.

That said, I never liked the all-reds so if that’s the look moving forward, that blows. Otherwise they don’t move the needle in any way good or bad to me.
Well, we already know that’s not the look moving forward… at the unveiling they did white on white and red with white…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we already know that’s not the look moving forward… at the unveiling they did white on white and red with white…
Red tops with white pants? I thought the look forward was last night’s and then alternatively all whites.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t want to overreact after the first preseason game, but I have an appointment this afternoon for a Cards logo/Lombardi/2023 tattoo.
You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson