Broncos at Cardinals PS gameday thread 8-11-23

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red tops with white pants? I thought the look forward was last night’s and then alternatively all whites.
Actually, I think you’re right now that I think about it I think the only alternate was the black color rush that they showed on stage… However, they mixed white with red all the time in the old uniforms. I don’t know why it would be any different now, but I could be wrong….

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I really don’t get how people think the uniforms are a big upgrade or downgrade when they look BARELY different on TV to my eyes.

That said, I never liked the all-reds so if that’s the look moving forward, that blows. Otherwise they don’t move the needle in any way good or bad to me.

Slightly better but huge miss IMO. Could have been amazing.

The all white's should be a major upgrade. Can't wait to see them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Slightly better but huge miss IMO. Could have been amazing.

The all white's should be a major upgrade. Can't wait to see them.
I became a football Cardinal fan mainly because I was already a baseball Cardinal fan. But, I also fell in love the first time I saw the football uniforms in color. Just nothing better for me than that red jersey & the beautiful bird on the helmet. I just don’t understand how it’s a huge miss with our home jerseys, which were red 60 years ago & still red today? It’s a beautiful red, it’s clean, and it looks great with those beautiful new helmets. As an old fan, I still hope we incorporate white home pants into the equation.

I hated the old road uniforms with the stupid red shoulders, so I think the all white’s ARE a huge upgrade. Not sure how the blacks will look, but I‘m sure I’ll be OK with them. Won’t love them, but I’ll tolerate them.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I became a football Cardinal fan mainly because I was already a baseball Cardinal fan. But, I also fell in love the first time I saw the football uniforms in color. Just nothing better for me than that red jersey & the beautiful bird on the helmet. I just don’t understand how it’s a huge miss with our home jerseys, which were red 60 years ago & still red today? It’s a beautiful red, it’s clean, and it looks great with those beautiful new helmets. As an old fan, I still hope we incorporate white home pants into the equation.

I hated the old road uniforms with the stupid red shoulders, so I think the all white’s ARE a huge upgrade. Not sure how the blacks will look, but I‘m sure I’ll be OK with them. Won’t love them, but I’ll tolerate them.

I became a baseball and football Cardinal fan at the same time also and I lived in Texas! Cheers!

All red is tough to pull off. I think the red jersey and white paints are the way to go. Either way- the red jerseys are the worst part of the new uni's- huge miss IMO.

I love the all whites and all blacks.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Same. Baseball and football Cardinals. I've got a cap that says Cardinals. It is good year round.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Because these are the uniforms you remember:

You must be registered for see images attach

They look good and crisp and classic.

The “ARIZONA” on the front of the home jersey is dumb because you’re at home. The all-red look reads like a printer error.

The new helmet looked fine except it feels like the back comes together awkwardly from the back.

It’s just a super-mid kit that looks like Washington State/OSU rejects that someone wrote “ARIZONA” on and called it a day.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same. Baseball and football Cardinals. I've got a cap that says Cardinals. It is good year round.
It was October 1964, and my Dad & I were watching the Cardinals beat the Yankees in the WS. I grew up in Syracuse, NY, but my Dad was still a diehard baseball Cardinal fan. My Dad followed college football more than pro football at the time. During the baseball game, an ad popped on the screen showing the football Cardinals were playing the Giants that upcoming Sunday. I was 6 & only watched the Syracuse Orangemen back then in football. I still remember telling my Dad that we had to become Cardinal football fans. The rest is history. I still remember all the times over the years when he would give me a hard time for talking him into becoming a football Cardinal fan lol.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The “ARIZONA” on the front of the home jersey is dumb because you’re at home. The all-red look reads like a printer error.

The new helmet looked fine except it feels like the back comes together awkwardly from the back.

It’s just a super-mid kit that looks like Washington State/OSU rejects that someone wrote “ARIZONA” on and called it a day.
Yep, that is definitely my favorite home Cardinal look!!!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I started with the Baseball Cardinals in 1945. And they won the WS in 1946. I then jumped on the FB Cardinals in 1947 and they won the FB Championship in 1947, beating the Eagles. And even when they lost to the Eagles in the Championship game in 1948, I marked it down to having to play the game in a snowstorm. Could not believe my luck and told my self that this FB stuff is easy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I started with the Baseball Cardinals in 1945. And they won the WS in 1946. I then jumped on the FB Cardinals in 1947 and they won the FB Championship in 1947, beating the Eagles. And even when they lost to the Eagles in the Championship game in 1948, I marked it down to having to play the game in a snowstorm. Could not believe my luck and told my self that this FB stuff is easy.
Like a gambling adict that wins on the first try....

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I do like the original blood red.

And the pants look like football pants. That's the issue I have with the all reds. The pants look like red leggings. There's something unsettling about 300 pound dudes in yoga pants.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The Broncos are screwed. Wait till Payton starts screaming at everyone (because it’s their fault after all) and loses this team. Combine that with a week 13 quarterback change for… some made up reason, and this group if going to go off the rails. And I think it’s hilarious.
Man I’m good!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard