Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans Pregame thread. 11/12/23-11/18/23

Card4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
The quest had began. Made my way to Minnesota today to meet up with my son. Celebrating his wife's and oldest son's birthdays tomorrow. Then we fly to Houston tomorrow evening. Head straight to Jack in box cuz we don't have them up here. I always offer the Uber driver and extra $20 if they get us to a jack in the box before the hotel. Not one has ever said no can do...
Forget the Jack in the Box and have the Uber driver take you to Whataburger. I promise you won't be disappointed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Priority 2023 FA. No joke—has the 15th-highest cap charge on the team.

He was signed with a mind to playing much more, then the drafted Wilson and he was great in camp.

It was also a week into FA when he signed.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals at Texans

The Cardinals ruled out S Joey Blount (knee), RB Emari Demercado (toe), DL Jonathan Ledbetter (shoulder), and WR Zach Pascal (hamstring). OL Trystan Colon (calf), OL D.J. Humphries (ankle), DL Kevin Strong (knee), LB Ezekiel Turner (hamstring), and WR Michael Wilson (shoulder) are listed as questionable.

RB Dameon Pierce (ankle), S Grayland Arnold (calf), LB Jake Hansen (hamstring, hand), LB Henry To’oTo’o (concussion), and S Jimmie Ward (hamstring) are out for the Texans this week. WR Noah Brown (knee), EDGE Will Anderson (knee), and DE Dylan Horton (knee) are listed as questionable.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I hear ya.

I still think Mahomes and Allen are on a tier of their own. Burrow is in the next group he's just massively loved by the media. I feel like the Bengals playoff success really had a lot to do with their defense if we're being honest. However, Allen being held to 10 and Mahomes choking the 4th Qrt (super bowl year) helped a great deal cause Joe got the wins.

Exactly Lou. And the bolded part is another thing about Burrow that irks me just a little. Like this article from several weeks ago on the SI site:

Adorable? Really? lol..

Burrow is just so... I don't know... popular... the love fest for a guy who I think is a little overrated is a kind of off-putting. haha :) But again it's really whatever.

And for the record I 100% regret that he's out for the season. I would never wish that for any player and I admit the football world is more interesting with Burrow healthy and playing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Well...there's no comparison between the two. You can see that, right?

Stout you rascal this is what I'm talking about. It offends my sense of fairness and justice when you say "no comparison". Check out these career stats for both players (52 games for Burrow, 58 for Murray):

Per game average combined passing/rushing yards:

Burrow = 282
Murray = 281

Per game TDs:

Burrow = 2.1
Murray = 1.9

Per game turnovers (negative stat, lower is better):

Burrow = .73
Murray = .79

Career Passer Rating

Burrow = 98.6
Murray = 92.2

Career Yards per completion average:

Burrow = 7.4
Murray = 7.2

Add to this that Murray's coach and offensive mentor for the first four years of his NFL career is about one Caleb Williams melt down from coaching HS football in cowfuck Texas, while Burrow has had a real NFL HC and OC during his pro tenure.

With this obvious coaching advantage, Burrow is still only marginally, slightly, a little bit, better production wise so far in their careers, with a long way to go.

But go ahead and talk about playoff wins if you think Burrow single handedly won those games for CIN. Otherwise perhaps you'll concede that "no comparison" maybe isn't quite reasonable? :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The quest had began. Made my way to Minnesota today to meet up with my son. Celebrating his wife's and oldest son's birthdays tomorrow. Then we fly to Houston tomorrow evening. Head straight to Jack in box cuz we don't have them up here. I always offer the Uber driver and extra $20 if they get us to a jack in the box before the hotel. Not one has ever said no can do...
HA! My very first job was at Jack in the Box!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stout you rascal this is what I'm talking about. It offends my sense of fairness and justice when you say "no comparison". Check out these career stats for both players (52 games for Burrow, 58 for Murray):

Per game average combined passing/rushing yards:

Burrow = 282
Murray = 281

Per game TDs:

Burrow = 2.1
Murray = 1.9

Per game turnovers (negative stat, lower is better):

Burrow = .73
Murray = .79

Career Passer Rating

Burrow = 98.6
Murray = 92.2

Career Yards per completion average:

Burrow = 7.4
Murray = 7.2

Add to this that Murray's coach and offensive mentor for the first four years of his NFL career is about one Caleb Williams melt down from coaching HS football in cowfuck Texas, while Burrow has had a real NFL HC and OC during his pro tenure.

With this obvious coaching advantage, Burrow is still only marginally, slightly, a little bit, better production wise so far in their careers, with a long way to go.

But go ahead and talk about playoff wins if you think Burrow single handedly won those games for CIN. Otherwise perhaps you'll concede that "no comparison" maybe isn't quite reasonable? :)
The coaching comparison doesn't fit because Burrow's coach was slammed until Burrow made him good ;)

While Burrow isn't solely responsible for the team's success, he's not just not completely crapped the bed to go 0 for 6 or something in clinching/playoff games but he's led his team to the SB. Stats comparisons are nice, but Kyler has been about as opposite of clutch as it's possible to be. Simple fact. I don't like it, and I hope he breaks it--and starts being able to hit deep balls again--but it's largely what has soured posters to him.

I know he's your guy, man. I hope he's our guy moving forward, too, as it would make this rebuild so much easier. It's just...he hasn't been the guy yet. Burrow has.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
if we lose...we increase our chances of a top 5 pick... if we win, we increase the chances of the Texans pick staying below 20
picks 5 and 15??
or
picks 4 and 21?
I dunno...winning also comes with the added bonus of...you know,...uh.. winning!
they are a young team with a new coach... riding high on the faith that the system works.....Redbirds need to take that away from them. Instill deep seated doubts that will plague them the rest of the season. Thats our best outcome...a demoralizing victory

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard