Arizona Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Steelers Pregame thread. 11/26/23-12/2/23

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay. So you think our o-line and WRs are both fine I believe Britcard (but correct me if I'm misquoting you).

So I guess you're going defense with our first few picks in the upcoming draft?

I said they are fine, not that they can't be improved.

Neither are the excuse some are trying to make them.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I said they are fine, not that they can't be improved.

Neither are the excuse some are trying to make them.

Britcard, look at the difference in Murray's performance when he throws at McBride vs. when he throws at the other receiving options. It's like he's a different QB. It's obvious.

The same thing is going to happen when we add legit #1 and #3 WR options. As proof, look at the spike in Murray's performance when we added Dhop in 2020.

And for the record I'm way more concerned about the WR corps than I am about the oline.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Britcard, look at the difference in Murray's performance when he throws at McBride vs. when he throws at the other receiving options. It's like he's a different QB. It's obvious.

The same thing is going to happen when we add legit #1 and #3 WR options. As proof, look at the spike in Murray's performance when we added Dhop in 2020.

And for the record I'm way more concerned about the WR corps than I am about the oline.
I agree. But I don’t want to wait and hope our guy is there in the draft nor do I want to see us draft 2 WR and hope they develop quickly.

We have to change the entire dynamics of the Wr room. We have too many of the same player and no size. Every good offense has two go to guys. Brown/Smith, Hill/Waddle, Chase/Higgins, Samuel/Aiyuk.

I also don’t want to depend on Wilson because of his history of availability.
Let Brown walk away. Instead of spending money on him spend it on a guy like Pittman. Now add MHJ and suddenly we’ve changed the entire dynamics of our WR room and offense. Now if Wilson does stay healthy, wow!

Yes, Pittman is going to cost us more than Brown. But this kid is a beast. He’s big, he’s young and he’s a devastating blocker that can turn a 15 yard run to a 30 yard run. Signing him would also remove of possibility of MHJ being gone before our pick.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need something like Fitz + Q + McBride talent combo for two years. Then we will know if Murray is good or we all wasted a decade

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need something like Fitz + Q + McBride talent combo for two years. Then we will know if Murray is good or we all wasted a decade
Dude, we ALREADY know Murray is good, because at times, he has shown us greatness. The question is whether he can be consistently great, and whether we can, as an organization, reach sustainable success. That’s the goal, and has been the goal since the hiring of MOJG.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps. He’s not the only option but in my opinion the most desirable. Maybe dad’s connection would help, but then again it would probably hurt, lol.
TB’s Evans is a FA at the end of the season. He’s a big dude also. Just not sure if we want to spend the money on an older WR that has had his fair share of injuries.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
TB’s Evans is a FA at the end of the season. He’s a big dude also. Just not sure if want to spend the money on an older WR that has had his fair share on injuries.
FWIW, I think I've heard that Mike Evans wants to have a Larry Fitzgerald-type legacy of playing his entire career for one franchise. I don't know if he'd take significantly less to stay there, but he might take less.

My guy has 10 consecutive 1000+ yard seasons. Never had an ADoT less than 12.1. Yowza. What a stud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard