Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans Pregame thread. 11/12/23-11/18/23

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
McBride being a Goedert or Andrews level TE would be so good for this franchise.
Thing is Andrews looked like a natural pass catcher or understanding of how to work zone defenses day 1.
Just doesnt have the size/blocking of Goedert.

So I dont see that level of good...yet. However, right now I can see Hunter Henry.
Ironically, it was the trading of Ertz to help Goedert reach his potential.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He’s still mad about Burrow going crazy against Oklahoma in the playoffs a couple years ago.

haha. my anti-burrow stuff is a little bit of a schtick to stir the pot, but in truth I do dislike him slightly.

In LSU's 2019 63-28 Sugar bowl win vs. OU Burrow passed 493 yards and 7 TDs.

I mean, isn't that a little excessive? I mean, maybe at 5 TDs and up by 42 you say "hey let's go with the run game for a while"? So yeah, that's a strike against him.

And I also don't like the inference that there's some vast gulf between Murray and Burrow in terms of how good they are as pro QBs.

But it's whatever.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
haha. my anti-burrow stuff is a little bit of a schtick, but in truth I do dislike him slightly.

I mean, isn't that a little excessive? I mean, maybe at 5 TDs and up by 42 you say "let's go with the run game for a while"? So yeah, that's a strike against him.

And I also don't like the inference that there's some vast gulf between Murray and Burrow in terms of how good they are as pro QBs.

But it's whatever.
Burrow impresses me because he's had all this passing success with one of the worst OLs in the league. People like to talk about how bad our OL is, but every single OL starter we had during the 2021 season was better than the guys the Bengals were starting during the Superbowl.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The quest had began. Made my way to Minnesota today to meet up with my son. Celebrating his wife's and oldest son's birthdays tomorrow. Then we fly to Houston tomorrow evening. Head straight to Jack in box cuz we don't have them up here. I always offer the Uber driver and extra $20 if they get us to a jack in the box before the hotel. Not one has ever said no can do...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
haha. my anti-burrow stuff is a little bit of a schtick to stir the pot, but in truth I do dislike him slightly.

I mean, isn't that a little excessive? I mean, maybe at 5 TDs and up by 42 you say "hey let's go with the run game for a while"? So yeah, that's a strike against him.

But it's whatever.
Well...there's no comparison between the two. You can see that, right?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The quest had began. Made my way to Minnesota today to meet up with my son. Celebrating his wife's and oldest son's birthdays tomorrow. Then we fly to Houston tomorrow evening. Head straight to Jack in box cuz we don't have them up here. I always offer the Uber driver and extra $20 if they get us to a jack in the box before the hotel. Not one has ever said no can do...
Yes!!! This is the way!!! Love me some Jack and there aren't any near me either. I insist on Jack whenever I'm close. It's those greasy tacos for me. Last thing my grandfather and I did alone together was eat those greasy tacos.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yes!!! This is the way!!! Love me some Jack and there aren't any near me either. I insist on Jack whenever I'm close. It's those greasy tacos for me. Last thing my grandfather and I did alone together was eat those greasy tacos.
That's what we are going for is the taco's. Our order is 20 tacos and two jumbo jacks.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Burrow impresses me because he's had all this passing success with one of the worst OLs in the league. People like to talk about how bad our OL is, but every single OL starter we had during the 2021 season was better than the guys the Bengals were starting during the Superbowl.
He also had the best wr duo and trio in the league too though. Jamar Chase had a rookie year worthy of Randy Moss.

But it's whatever.
I hear ya.

I still think Mahomes and Allen are on a tier of their own. Burrow is in the next group he's just massively loved by the media. I feel like the Bengals playoff success really had a lot to do with their defense if we're being honest. However, Allen being held to 10 and Mahomes choking the 4th Qrt (super bowl year) helped a great deal cause Joe got the wins.

Its funny though. 2 years ago around this time Burrow was throwing a bunch of ints and Kyler was the favorite for the MVP. Things really do change fast. Hope Kyler can have the success that Burrow has had the last couple of years.